Civic race / track car - Updates on page 5 - New Paint Job

Introduce yourself to the rest of us - what's your car, plans and maybe a little about yourself if you like!
Captain_Crustacean
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Captain_Crustacean »

edh wrote:Just booked for Oulton on Feb 24th with Easytrack - open pitlane for £99 :D
Bugger, a wee bit early for me, I'm looking to book a cadwell on March 26th with trackaction online. Did it last year, it was a good day!
edh
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by edh »

Might come along to that one - I only tend to book 1 day at a time, just in case I break something...
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

that car looks fun , i want a go!! :D
ckrs_civic
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by ckrs_civic »

welcome to the site mate
Basra matt
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Basra matt »

Captain_Crustacean wrote:
edh wrote:Just booked for Oulton on Feb 24th with Easytrack - open pitlane for £99 :D
Bugger, a wee bit early for me, I'm looking to book a cadwell on March 26th with trackaction online. Did it last year, it was a good day!
I was at that track day last year, i was passenger with my friend Toby who was driving his Elise. At the time i had my EK4 VTi S with ITR engine and box. When i saw your car going round i fell in love with the idea of a retro 4Gen civic and instantly put the EK up for sale when we returned home. I was tempted to come to this trackday, knowing that you going (competition ;)) but on the 28th i leave to do Spa with Lotus on Track and Nurburgring ring trip day after so funds are permitted :(.
EE9 Track/Autotest contender www.iowcc.co.uk
Captain_Crustacean
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Captain_Crustacean »

Basra matt wrote: I was at that track day last year, i was passenger with my friend Toby who was driving his Elise. At the time i had my EK4 VTi S with ITR engine and box. When i saw your car going round i fell in love with the idea of a retro 4Gen civic and instantly put the EK up for sale when we returned home. I was tempted to come to this trackday, knowing that you going (competition ;)) but on the 28th i leave to do Spa with Lotus on Track and Nurburgring ring trip day after so funds are permitted :(.
Its good to hear that my car turned you to the 'dark side'. :D Which lotus was your mate in?, I might have some pictures. Did you get out on track in your EK4? I remember a blue EK4 on track. I love Cadwell, but I tink you made the right decision, I'd love a go at Spa.

If your localish, come say hello on the 26th, I'm there, edh has now booked in, there's a CRX entering (in my class this year) and hopefully my mates teg too. Should be a good honda day. :D
Basra matt
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Basra matt »

Captain_Crustacean wrote: Its good to hear that my car turned you to the 'dark side'. :D Which lotus was your mate in?, I might have some pictures. Did you get out on track in your EK4? I remember a blue EK4 on track. I love Cadwell, but I tink you made the right decision, I'd love a go at Spa.

If your localish, come say hello on the 26th, I'm there, edh has now booked in, there's a CRX entering (in my class this year) and hopefully my mates teg too. Should be a good honda day. :D
Lotus Elise S1 111s? the EK4 was my friend Kozy and i was only a passenger for the day.

I live on the Isle of Wight so is a mighty 4/5 hour drive just to get to Cadwell. I would of loved to come but funds are short at the moment due to my trip to Spa and Nurgurg.
edh
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by edh »

I'm looking forward to Cadwell - got my A048's yesterday :D

Having said that, you can't beat a trip to the Nordschleife :D :D

I'm taking the 4G there late May this year - would love to do Spa but can't afford both this year.

- hope you've got good insurance....
Basra matt
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Basra matt »

edh wrote:I'm looking forward to Cadwell - got my A048's yesterday :D

Having said that, you can't beat a trip to the Nordschleife :D :D

I'm taking the 4G there late May this year - would love to do Spa but can't afford both this year.

- hope you've got good insurance....
I agree but i personally think Nordschleife is over rated now due to the cost involved when you got amazing tracks like spa which isn't too far away and certain clubs have OPL trackdays for £200. We have got insurance but still im sure we shall be fine, i'll post up any pictures etc from my little trip.

You fancy coming to a trackday at Castle combe?

forum/viewtopic.php?t=18028

I shall be attending and just trying to get a few 4G owners to come and play
8)
edh
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by edh »

July is a bit too far away for me to commit. I have never been to combe and want to tick it off some time.
I will probably do some evenings at silverstone in the summer with goldtrack.
edh
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by edh »

The ring is only 50 or 60 miles from spa so not too much further. I cant believe anyone could tire of it tbh. :)
We are doing some midweek days this year as weekends are getting very busy with too many stoppages.
edh
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Re: Civic race / track car - now with new paint

Post by edh »

I thought I should update this thread as the car has had a few changes...

After a year of trackdays, and a 'ring trip I did a quick calculation of what it had cost me to run - which worked out at an amazingly cheap £400 / trackday - that's including all fees, fuel, tyres and parts..

The car has been brilliant - I don't know why you all worry so much about brakes - this is running rover calipers on 260?mm disks with 1155's - they fit under 14's and stops really well. No fade even after a long session on A048's. Apart from the gearbox / driveshaft problems on the way to the 'ring it's gone really well.

A few laps of Silverstone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-37wSMmMXvE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a small off at cadwell last year & bent a wing. I decided it was time to tidy the car up a bit. Replaced the doors, wings, bonnet (f/g) & n/s sill (not rusty but very bent) and had the car repainted. Fitting the sill was a bit of a problem as the metal on that side has been "reshaped" a few times. It went on eventually & doesn't look too bad now the paint is on. I was tempted to go for the original paintjob the car had

but decided to be discreet :)

Before

During

After

- and a video of a white bonnet going round Cadwell ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XzUJMNUsMc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plans for this year are
1. Use as much as possible and keep in 1 piece ;)
2. Back to 'ring in May
3. Fit S80 with shorter 4/5 when it eventually gets built..(with any luck before the 'ring trip)

I could make it a lot lighter - Pete's race car is about 80kg lighter, but to be honest I'd rather spend the time & money on using it :) Plastic windows, lightweight batteries etc.. can wait until I get to the point where I want to go racing..
next trackday
..Anglesey 25th May (maybe not in the 4G though)
widowmaker

Re: Civic race / track car - Updates on page 5 - New Paint J

Post by widowmaker »

How much does your car weigh in at ?

Unless its a secret :oops:
No longer on the 'sucker list'
edh
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by edh »

widowmaker wrote:How much does your car weigh in at ?

Unless its a secret :oops:
Weighed at 970kg with a full tank, without driver, at Oulton Park Spring 2010

Will be slightly lighter now, maybe about 960.
next trackday
..Anglesey 25th May (maybe not in the 4G though)
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

Does anyone know if you can get your car weighed at a weighbridge ?

Interested in the power to weight of the GL ?
No longer on the 'sucker list'