Le Mar Green Sedan

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Re: Le Mar Green Sedan

Post by Ben_theEFking »

VIP wrote:Just bought the Fast Car retro edition.

Nice pics, but I'm pretty fucking annoyed at the write-up. Needless to say I've already e-mailed the FC editing team.
Why Dan? I haven't seen the mag yet but I did proof read the write up they done. I copied and pasted the spec and emailed it to them from your for sale ad on Retro Rides :?
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
VIP
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by VIP »

Because the article insinuates that I sold you a nicely restored, but otherwise relatively stock Civic sedan, and that in your ownership all of the suspension modification and effort to make the wheels fit and how it looks today took place, whereas apart from a couple of stickers and a wood rim steering wheel, it's exactly as I sold it to you.
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

VIP wrote:Because the article insinuates that I sold you a nicely restored, but otherwise relatively stock Civic sedan, and that in your ownership all of the suspension modification and effort to make the wheels fit and how it looks today took place, whereas apart from a couple of stickers and a wood rim steering wheel, it's exactly as I sold it to you.
Oh really? I did tell them I bought it as is and to be fair the article they sent me didn't read like that.
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
five
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by five »

Fast Car suck!
But in all seriousness, they probably wanted to make the article more interesting.. Instead of it just being like; "Ben bought this as it is, it's awesome". They like making stuff up.. Pshhtt.

It's still my favourite sedan in the uk!
Current 4Gs:
'91 EF2 Formula, '91 EF2 S-Limited, '91 EC9, '91 EC9

Previous 4Gs:
'91 EC9, '91 EC9, '89 EC9, '91 ED2, '91 ED7

:civic:
VIP
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by VIP »

I've been in contact with Jules, the FC Editor, who agrees the way the article reads intimates I restored the car, and Ben did the mods, and will be printing an apology/clarification in a future issue.

He also sent me a DVD-ROM with all the shoot pics on by way of an apology. I don't think I can ask any more of him to be fair.
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

VIP wrote:I've been in contact with Jules, the FC Editor, who agrees the way the article reads intimates I restored the car, and Ben did the mods, and will be printing an apology/clarification in a future issue.

He also sent me a DVD-ROM with all the shoot pics on by way of an apology. I don't think I can ask any more of him to be fair.
Fair play Dan, I personally think it read ok but maybe that's because I know the score with the car. It may read different to someone who didn't know.

Don't suppose you fancy sending me a copy of the DVD do you Dan?
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
youngnorris12
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by youngnorris12 »

wats de front lip off .. love it !
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Mk3 Golf, init.
Ben_theEFking