We have blast off!! LIFT-OFF!! ***NEW PICS p44***

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Get them to admit fault....take it to Honda and bill the cowboy.
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Oldskool J-EDM wrote:Get them to admit fault....take it to Honda and bill the cowboy.
it was his fault, as when he drove it to the mechanics, he let the gate shut on the car

TWAT TWAT TWAT TWAT!!!!!
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

swapped insurance over today, starts 00:01am Saturday. ended up £5 more than the VT (plus £25 admin fee).... :?

going to get on some missions tomorrow!!
nazum_a
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by nazum_a »

Ohh yes Shuttle blast of FTW!! 8)
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Shame there's still issues flying around but very pleased to hear it is on the road mate. 8)
EDIT *Melbourne Blue Shuttle Crew
Superior Blue Shuttle Crew
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Craig G wrote:Shame there's still issues flying around but very pleased to hear it is on the road mate. 8)
im fucking raged about the bodywork

the rest not that bothered, but when i spent a few hundred quid and days of my own time spraying the mirrors/bumpers myself, for a bodyshop to then mark/scratch it up, its not on!

few pics...

i dont know if you can see the scrape in this pic, also the corner of the back bumper too

Ned
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Ned »

thats racked off tbh. Ive never known a car out of a bodyshop worse than it went in
Gizmo wrote:Picture of Neds arse. What more do you want?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Ned wrote:thats racked off tbh. Ive never known a car out of a bodyshop worse than it went in
its hardly worse lol

but yeh, it takes the piss
James4g
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by James4g »

definately doesnt looks worse lol

Bad luck tho mate, just have a word with him show him the imperfections and im sure he will sort it.

Least it's on the road mate i rememeber when you were going to pack it in :D
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

James4g wrote:just have a word with him show him the imperfections and im sure he will sort it.
As long as they don't take another two weeks over that! :roll:
EDIT *Melbourne Blue Shuttle Crew
Superior Blue Shuttle Crew
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Craig G wrote:
James4g wrote:just have a word with him show him the imperfections and im sure he will sort it.
As long as they don't take another two weeks over that! :roll:
lol indeed, im going to get them to do the bootlid too, as i cant be arsed to do it and dont have enough paint. Hopefully they'll do it for free or close to.

I managed to get a few things done today - not as much as I'd hoped, but somethings better than nothing! Fitted the JDM sun visors and coin tray, I gave it a full clean inside and out and started to remove some scratches as it had a lot to start with. Removed the rear stickers, fitted the roof bars, sorted out the rear bumper as it wasn't sat right, and I'm trying to bring some life back into the bump strips, as I don't want to have to paint them.

Going to go at the engine bay tomorrow, and try and get a couple of things painted.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Not had the best of days, seems to be common when working on the Shuttle. Went to re-spray the rear handles, but Nitromors and OE plastic doesn't mix well, it melts the plastic! So I've got another set on order and just going to get a bodyshop to spray them. I've had enough of spraying now!
I did manage to spray the manifold heatshield matt black, swapped cam covers, and fitted a shorter throttle cable. It was sold to me as an EK4/EK9 one buts its around 3" shorter than it should be. However, this is a perfect fit and no need to use a different bracket on the intake manifold. Shame I don't know what its off.
:(

Tomorrow if the weather holds out I'll put the VT suspension on. and hopefully it will sit at a level height, and if I have time put the the wind fairing on too.
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Did you remove the rear bumper when you sprayed it or did it in aitu?
Just with it being a bit too far forward. It should be easy enough to tweak the bumper frame although both of mine were rusty as hell and I had to give one a slight addition of metal and lots of paint.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

nominous wrote:Did you remove the rear bumper when you sprayed it or did it in aitu?
Just with it being a bit too far forward. It should be easy enough to tweak the bumper frame although both of mine were rusty as hell and I had to give one a slight addition of metal and lots of paint.
I removed the bumper when I sprayed it.

it has a new bar, just i didnt do the bolts tight enough so it had slipped down

MOT.... check

Insurance..... check

Tax.................... CHECK!!!!!

HOUSTON - WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

First day driving it today, and it was great! Not what I'm use to, but it doesn't hang about, and its pretty comfortable, but also pretty boaty round corners. Not too much leg room up front, so I think I will put the CRX seat in for a bit, as my foot was starting to ache after a while.

I have a code 17 on the ECU (faulty VSS connection/sensor), so need to sort that asap!