My Si Ef-3 h22a hatch build

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
sixteen16
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: My ec-8 h22a build Very pic heavy Motor + box out pg 9

Post by sixteen16 »

Skirts I like, let me kno how you get on with fitting them as I reallly want to put some on mine but unsure what skirts. nice1
D16a9 called Vic

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Yeah i will do wasn`t going to go with them but turns out they might suit another part i am collecting 2moro so the front lip be making way for a bigger one to suit the skirts reckon a chargespeed or j`s or rep of the likes be perfect

Also collecting a new front bumper and indicators set of ef-9 headlights and a surprise for the rear end tomoro all going to plan , So now just need some amber corners and new front lip and the front is done
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Picked up the few bit`s i mentioned before a facelift bumper with indicators was quickest way to find a set in a hurry , also a set of ef-9 headlights with a cracked d/s half light great :(, also got this for the rear end think it works well will fit it properly after cage and interior are done just couldn`t wait to see it on

vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

So since its been fairly rubbish weather wise aint be able to get a whole lot done to this but find more parts a 70mm kakimoto be making its way to me very shortly so will be modded to suit as its off a dc2 teg but 70mm is what i reckon it will need

The above half lights and indicators where painted amber as i hate the clear indicators and the clear half lights also test fitted the cage to see where it will need to go and what it will need

Also made a start on the diet wiped out the seats and carpet and started the fun job of taking out the sound deadening from the rear and the d/s of the floor just the p/s to finish 2moro all going to plan

Anyways pics of stuff i managed to get done

Making the amber corners and indicators amber

Wiped out the front and rear seats for the diet

And started on this fun job :(

How the front end looked with the halfs and indicators all ambered up

Half cage sloted into place to see whats what and wear its going in relation to other bits looks good in there :)

also raised the bonnet and threw on the white rollers for the time been till i find some cpr`s or moogens

And the great weather thats really been helping with getting this done asap :(

Thats all for now more soon
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Re: My Ef-3 h22a hatch build

Post by vtecmossy »

So been keeping busy with the new ef hatch finished removing all the sound deadening from under the carpet and boot just needs cleaning before carpets back in :D , So next was the hunt for some blue pinstripe for the bumpstrip`s found that and a new rear badge i had for the dx and fitted them after a wash and polish ,

Picked up a seeker rail+ ek-9 p/s rail for my ek`s dc2 low rails that will be handy to mod for this after first fitting it seems will work out better than oem rails modded did so happy out

So fitted the front ohlins and adjustable camber arms and 282mm brake set-up up front, And rear ohlin`s fitted, Selling my ek fairly stock so wiped the blue anodised megan racing rear struts from the ek saloon for this as it suits my new colour plan as you can see from whats been done :)

Omp swede deepdish wheel is back in for now, And the red dc-5 recaro`s till i find some blue ones to replace them with

Also fitted the chargespeed rep wing to the ef-9 spoiler

Also it`s rocking some keskin kt4`s 16x7.5 atm with met blue center`s will prob be keep for it for a change from the ones i`m buying soon enough from japan

Trying to get as much done before it goes over to (T/F) nextweek to get the wiring sorted

Few pics of the lil progress i made so far

Before

And after a few bits

Its new rocker cover Vht paint in blue gunmetal plug cover and type r oil cap and will polish the Dohc Vtec when it cures fully tomoro

Also painted the front upper strut and rear a,r,b as green and purple wouldn`t of worked to well with all the blue bits

New rear strut in place

Pinstripe added and dohc 16valve removed

Brakes and shock`s fitted

That`s all for now try take more pics next time kept forgetting
MrJacobsSedan1992
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by MrJacobsSedan1992 »

Read this from page one, bloody good effort and dedication mate. Real inspiration :-) can't wait to see her running
ED2 sedan-91
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Cheers mate cant wait to see it running myself and get the last few parts :)
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Got the finger out on this and Started to finish it, :) Swapped some four pots i got for some ef and ec bits for some work 16`s e wings, And a buddy Club spec 3 cat back , Swapped the red dc-5 recaro`s for black dc-2 ones and dropped the motor and box and mounts out for my inovitive mounts motor and box figure out what wheels to fit and finish it off with all the bits i`v been collecting over the last 3-4 years haha been done soon but

progress pics

Dc2`s i got for my Dc5`s

Buddy club Spec 3 i got from a dc2 i`ll mod it to come out the proper side and its longer so should be handy enough

And heap of lil bits i`v gathered for it

How it sat before i pulled the engine and box

Engine coming out

and its out

Work E wings minus center caps in 16inch 4x100 be sold i reckon or not we`ll see

vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Lots happened to this couldn't be arsed to sort thread atm but soon as have a board hour I will update with pics and jibber jabber to go with said pics

Need drivers side electric folding mirror

Wind deflectors for hatch

Somewhere for New stickers decals and all that jazz si full set also sir Dohc vtec door and quarter ones

Thanks links to said parts if you just bought or seen some cheers
zPandamoniumZz
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by zPandamoniumZz »

There's Team Heko wind deflectors on eBay man. Not too dear.

If you want that genuine Honda stuff, ask Darragh_K on Honda Haven. He was sorting me out, but my car's stickers just became discontinued :(
Daihatsu SIRION '00 - Sold
Honda CIVIC SRS 1.4 i '98 - Sold
ホンダ シビック 23L スペシャルエディション '90 - Sold
Toyota STARLET '96 - Sold
Honda CIVIC Limited Edition OHC 1.4 i Tropica '00

vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Can get the sir ones from Honda myself but repainting it by next summer so no point wasting the money on genuine ones that will be wiped back off in 9 months

Have a look for them now rather oem ones Tbh had them in the accord and ducked the seals
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Re: My Si Ef-3 h22a hatch build

Post by vtecmossy »

So with the motor out now i stuck on the new flywheel pressure plate and disc and got the engine and box i am using together and ready to drop in but before that could happen i had to remove the e,s,p gear box mount from the Si and do the same on the dx for the innovitive one lots of fun That was :D Few pics of that progress

Flywheel fitted

Pressure plate disc on

Ready for the box

So with the gear box mount removed bay looked a lot ruff so set about touching up all the surface rust from the removal of paint and then been left for the weather to get to ?? , so been at the rust remedy antirust priming and getting it ready for a dust coat to tidy it properly

So i wiped out the rear subframe and p/s rack for my non power steering sub and rack , Had to switch a trackrod over one had to be chopped off the dx :( but sorted now

Non power steering rack in as well as a lower strut i kept for 2 years to find out it wont work with my exhaust and massive engine Oh how i love this swap :) , shame it wont work looks sweet all braced at the bottom

1inch m/c fitted need to paint the top of it again for the last time

Then set about dropping this big lump into place Still dont fit this chassis as well as it did the dx will have to tweek it about to get it right

Started to fit it out to find out where everything is going seems i aint tucking everything on this like brake lines and the lume so just want it as tidy and factory as possible under the bonnet haha :D

Then set about running the interior lume and getting it where it needs to be , ripping out the heaters and blowers and anything not needed for going fast aint a daily driver doesn`t need daily comforts plus have a rwd daily for sliding the kids about :D

needs a serious clean before the interior fit out i reckon :lol:

Didn`t like the euro r manifold so threw this s/s 4-2-1 i had with new gaskets much tidier in the bay and the piping is much bigger and better :D

Much better

Running lume fitting out pedal box shifter box so on

Thats pretty much it for now Am still doing a few bits at the min preping the bumper filler and make it all the same colour and white with painting the front bumper and lip and filler rear spoiler and buy and paint a new d/s folding mirror in white also
dazec8
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by dazec8 »

looking much fresher keep up the good work i wanna see this go
The build viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29771" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Yeah daz will look alot tidier when the paint gun comes out and it's all Going back together for the last time can't wait to hear it bark into life again either Tbh :D
bryan
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by bryan »

I call shotgun!
89' civic EF-3 Si
96' INTEGRA Xi-G 4 door
03' vauxhall corsa sxi 1.7 DTi