EFK9 B16B - The Speedboat

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Good man 8)
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

She'll be some engine for sure. :D
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Yep! That's the plan. Minty fresh, solid and strong. ;)

Then, there's not much left to do. Just sort out some bodywork issues, maybe make it a bit lighter...

This isn't going to happen until the end of the year though. Need to save for the labour costs. :?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Marc_VT wrote:Had a missed call from Zurich Insurance today regarding the bump I had exactly one month ago today. I thought it was a sales call at first, but I rang back (0870 number) was on hold for 20mins...
:(
But basically it's going to be fixed up next week. I insisted that only genuine Honda parts be used, which they had no problem with. I can't imagine it taking more than 5 days to sort out, including getting the new wing from Honda.
Fingers crossed it goes smoothly and quickly, as my insurance/tax/mot is due on the 1st February, and was hoping to swop insurance to the Shuttle then.
I'm going to take a picture of the mileage too, just incase they think they can go take it for a rag! I'll be sure to tell them the car's timing is out and the dizzy is fecked, so they don't anyway.

Wish the Speedboat luck everyone!!
The VT got picked up this morning by the bodyshop. I would of taken it to them myself but then I would have to get a train back home.
It's going to take 7-10 days, and he said they may repair the wing... I hope not! £200 to replace it would be better than spending a whole day re-shaping it.

:x
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Good stuff!...hope to see it all tickety-boo real soon! 8)
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Oldskool J-EDM wrote:Good stuff!...hope to see it all tickety-boo real soon! 8)
I doubt it dude, car is sorn as of Monday. Just need a car cover now, and two more axles stands.
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Why do you not get a joint car insurance policy?...I have seen a few around....they are quite reasonable.

Merce can sort you with a car-cover :wink:
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Oldskool J-EDM wrote:Why do you not get a joint car insurance policy?...I have seen a few around....they are quite reasonable.

Merce can sort you with a car-cover :wink:
VT runs out of everything on monday, and to get it sorted is going to be at least £300. and i need to do the same for the Shuttle, as well as getting it welded up etc, which is going to be at least another £300, so thats £1000 before ive even driven either. And im going travelling soon (if the shuttle goes asap), hence why ive declared it sorn. so theres no point. i need the shuttle sorted so i can drive it to Chapmans because I have no room to store it here.

i am trying to get a car cover via Merce, but hes a bit busy at the moment.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Getting the Speedboat delivered back in one week. They didn't seem to notice the slight bend in the bonnet though...? I got they to double check anyway. I will be sure to check it over before I take the keys back anyway.
;)

Picked up a few bits from Honda..
- B16B throttle body gasket
- EACV o-rings (x2)

Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

B16B throttle body gasket - 16176-P2T-004
Oblong shape seal (EACV) - 36453-PV3-004
"8" shape seal (EACV) - 36455-PM3-J01
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

What a day!!

First my battery dies on my laptop, so I had to go get another one from a local ebay powerseller. (9cell/6hrs batteries ftmfw!!)
While I was out the repair centre rang and said they would be delivering the VT back in 20 minutes (around 9:30am). I told them no - I won't be home and to arrange a later time - which they wouldn't do. I said that, so I could check the car over before I took the keys back. So they delivered it at half 9, and put the keys through the letterbox.

When I got home, I had a good look at it for half hour, and I'm not impressed. They didn't sort out the bonnet, and the finish of the paint is awful - very orange peely and an uneven patch above the side repeater. I could of almost achieved the same finish on the paint, with no electric buffer and using rattle cans! They have however, done a very good job repairing the wing, hopefully with not too much filler :(
It's noticeable to the eye, but doesn't show up on my camera. Also the inner arch liner doesn't sit flush with the rim of the wing now either, but I know from experience it's a PITA to sort out those screws. I had to re-attach them on the Shuttle yesterday, and had to hunt like made to find some spares of the arch liner screws.

Got on the phone to them, but still waiting for the call back... :?

I always thoroughly explain myself, and work that needs doing, I told them three times about the bonnet - obviously not a top repair centre if they can't spot it!

I'm glad it's back, but not as it once was. :(
It WILL be going back to be finished properly! The bastards! :twisted:

Dispite having a busy day, I still managed to spray a cam cover, and sand down the new wheels for the Shuttle. :D

Few pics...

*note to self, get the dent man to sort out my drivers door dings :lol: *
Last edited by Marc_EE9 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

cryz2 wrote:you go get them Marc

or tell them you will be making a phone call to japan

to the MD of Honda
lol, why would that worry them, or am i missing something??
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

:? :?:

VT is also now Sorn. :(
91civic_VT
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by 91civic_VT »

Love your car Marc! it looks soooo clean 8)
Michael

Civic VT - B16a1
CRX 1.5x - D15b
TG1
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by TG1 »

ring you're insurance company and complain, they'll be able to hassel them for you