im back with a GL

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
jox43w

im back with a GL

Post by jox43w »

hey everybody

havent been on here in a while just moved house and the insurance ran out on my rover and im now the proud owner of a GL its reh 78 thousand miles fhsh to prove milage the car is sooo mint engine runs sweet and is nippy as fook raced my mates zr 1.4 and beat him quite easily! i love it bought a crash damaged 16v for the interior and suspension

im just wondering if i put the 16v engine in as its a staight fit is there any way i can run it on my twin carbs off the gl or anyother carbs i can get for it so i dont have to use the ecu or do any wirering
Natedogg

Post by Natedogg »

should drop in but will need the bonnet to clear the twin cam head. try some bike carbs for best gains mate.
jox43w

Post by jox43w »

o yeah forgot about the bonneti wont bother with the engine unless i can run it on carbs or thorttle bodys just would be worth droping in if i didnt need to feck about with any wiring
200BHP4THGENVTEC
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by 200BHP4THGENVTEC »

welcome back to 4thgens mate

you do not have to change bonnet my old black one was a gl running a d16a9 twin cam head on a set off bored out gl crabs with a ustom manifold i made. :D
91civic_VT
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by 91civic_VT »

Engine probably more hassle to fit than its worth tbh.

If you bought a whole 16v are you gonna use any more bits off it?

I 'think' the 16v brake set up should bolt straight up, the gl only has 230mm discs and the 16v has 240mm.
Michael

Civic VT - B16a1
CRX 1.5x - D15b