project 4G4D "urban brown"

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

project 4G4D "urban brown"

Post by Ben_theEFking »

I thought i might aswell start a project thread for the sedan. Ive put a few pictures up already but not all together. Ive had the car about a month now, drove up to Birmingham to get it, bought it of a guy called Neil off of civiclife. Here are some pics when i got it home.

As you can see, wasnt in bad condition except for a dent on the drivers wing and rear arches are pretty rusty. Apart from that, the bodywork isnt to bad. Decided that the first thing to do was change the suspension, luckily i had a set of 50mm lowering springs on standard shocks off my old 16-16 sitting around so on they went. Also had 2 air intakes lying about so i popped them in, i will be painting them matt black, dont worry :lol:
Also had a 5" tacho sitting about so in that went to. Gave the steelies a coat of matt black just to freshen them up a bit before i eventually get some decent wheels sorted, then gave it a wash, looks a lot better now.

Feels alot better to drive now, i also had to replace the clutch as it was shagged, worn down to the rivets on the friction plate :shock:
Put fresh mtf in the gearbox, gave it a full service aswell. Next on the list is to sort out the rear arches and drivers wing before they get any worse. Not 100% on what direction to take the car, all out ie engine swap, coilovers, brake upgrade, new paint, or just tidy her up, new wheels, exhaust etc. :?
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
Richy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Richy »

i wanted this car and now i definitely wish i got it. looks awesome mate, i love it how it is. what plans you got? I say just tidy it up, maybe wheels and then coilovers, brakes and engine swap. and if you decide to sell it let me know :)
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

Richy wrote:i wanted this car and now i definitely wish i got it. looks awesome mate, i love it how it is. what plans you got? I say just tidy it up, maybe wheels and then coilovers, brakes and engine swap. and if you decide to sell it let me know :)
Cheers mate, probably will just tidy it up, and do the wheels, brakes, exhuast and coilovers, not sure about the engine yet, might just keep the D14 in it for now, i like it.
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

cryz2 wrote:some inspiration for you

keep it carbs

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zRrj26E68s&feature=user

I like :D
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

1.4 boooooooosted
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

She's a real gem mate, i love it! Looking forward to the seeing the transformation.
P.S Best colour EVER! :D
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
C-Rex
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by C-Rex »

Nice one man looks clean..
The carbs are cool would have kept mine 1.4 if I didnt pick up a doner car handy..

http://www.efcivicsedan.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cr-x.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

C-Rex wrote:Nice one man looks clean..
The carbs are cool would have kept mine 1.4 if I didnt pick up a doner car handy..
Cheers mate, its not to bad, rear arches need replacing, as does the os wing, but apart from that shes all good. Dont wanna spend loads of money on it with engine swaps etc, this is going to be a budget project, if im gonna have to spend money, id rather just spend it on the bodywork, and have it looking nice and running 100%
91' Civic EE9 I-VT