Aaah! Frustrating.

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
alih369
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Aaah! Frustrating.

Post by alih369 »

Not enough space in the garage, so i've had 2 sets of wheels out in the garden for a while now.

To put anyone off stealing them, i only left 3 of each set outside and i locked the last one away.

Came home today to find someone had nicked 2 wheels from one set, and all 3 from another set.

The 3 they nicked were bloody expensive (genuine :x ) Racing Hart CP-035's.

They are not worth much to him now, and one wheel is useless to me. If i knew who done it i'd break his legs right about now.
1988 EC9 D15b Vtec

widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

If i knew who done it i'd hold them down whilst you broke his legs right about now :x
No longer on the 'sucker list'
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

gash, thats sh1t man!!!

u phoned the old bill?
muzza
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by muzza »

no offense but your own fault imo :lol:

why leave expensive wheels outside for theifs to get their hands on ? :?
Crx VTT 310bhp-212lbs/ft....
alih369

Post by alih369 »

I agree its my fault for having them there, but i don't have anywhere else to put them.. so what can i do? By leaving only 3 out there i would've thought ive put the majority of people off.

What pisses me off is why the feck do people think they can come into my premeses and help themselves!!
:x
1988 EC9 D15b Vtec

dida4g

Post by dida4g »

Post pics of the wheels so we can keep a look out.
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Fit CCTV and leave the other one outside. Nick the b*****d when he comes back for the other one.

Or bit drastic but it'll make sure no ones messes with you again. Stick a land mine under the wheel and when they pick it up BOOM! no more chav! :lol:
alih369

Post by alih369 »

hahaha @ landmine.

Im fitting cctv, keeping them hidden and im gonna leave the other wheel as bait. If i do catch him though, its not gonna be nice cuz today i realised they nicked another wheel.

My bro's car had a flat, so we stuck the spare on and got the tyre changed. Was lazy to fit it back on so left the rimm in front of the car (right down the driveway, its gated off too!) and just realised thats gone aswell. WHY WOULD YOU TAKE ONE WHEEL?!

Its actually funny how stupid it is. Now i've got to source one wheel, or my bro's gonna have to buy a complete new set.
1988 EC9 D15b Vtec

Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Alloy prices have gone soaring as has other metals. 3 wheels is like a tenner each at the right place, thats like 2 bags of crack for the junkies. i weighed 4 14" and 4 16" alloy wheels in at the waste traders and i got about 70 quid.

Does it make sense why chavs would nick them now. Even one wheel is enough for them.

I have all my jdm wheels in my cellar, they have to go past me to get to them :twisted:
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

i have a mate who scraps cars for a living, goes round picking bangers up that are not road worthy and scraps em, he is getting 180 quid a ton atm and then he gets about a tenner each for the wheels if they are alloy and about 40 quid for the cat. he is doing very well. his daily driver is a renault 21 turbo, it overheats. lol
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport