my 1991 EE9 i-VT!!

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
danxs
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

my 1991 EE9 i-VT!!

Post by danxs »

right hi everyone im dan and from walsall by birmingham. i have just gotten rid of my last car which was a series 1 106 rallye with a 16v gti engine in it and a few other bits and bobs lol. i fancied a change and wanted an EG at first but then i decided i liked the boxy look of the EE.

i browsed pisonheads and on here and i found the EE that tahir was selling, i was a bit weary at first due to the high mileage but one i had seen the car and the service history i was fine and soon ended up driving it home for just over 2 hours from t's house to mine lol

heres the first pics i had off pistonheads

and the one tahir sent me of the rip in the drivers seat

so on the way back we stopped at some services and refueled lol, i got 2 very dark pics of the car in the carpark.. and at this point i was buzzing off the noise the VTEC made on the way there lol

then it was off home only another 100 odd miles to go... :D

one of the first things i did was to buy a c-pillar brace off daz on here but its not some yet and ordered some red H badges off ebay. i know ppl dont fancy them much but i like them lol

before id even had chance to wash it, it went really bad and it snowed one night while i was out, so i went home really slow and found some fresh snow and took a few pics

then the snow had calmed down and my mate had written on my windows lol

gave the car a wash a few days later and took a few random pics after a quick cutting compound polish to get rid of the brown matt effect on the paint :?

and the red badge lol

went to the petrol atation and my mates were there, well a few of them and i managed to get a quick pic with my mates smoothed corsa and anothers polo g40 lol

cant remember if this was before or after the polish and badges

and one pic of the snazzy cam cover, it needs some tlc bad, and is missing two bolts and a few other things ive noticed but they have been ordered from honda :shock: (not cheap)

thats it for the mo..ive done a bit more today but i will add another post later with the new piccies and updates lol

hope its not too boring to read

comments welcome :D
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Nice to see it went to a good home, Dan will return this car to its former glory, got loads planned for it he has. Very sound lad too.

Loving the pics mate, 2nd one down in the snow is phat. Cant wait for it to snow here myself so i can do some picture whoring.

Bet its a lot different to that french crap lol, no offence but im really biased towards jap cars.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Think them fingerprints on spark plug cover are mine :oops: Oh well bring on the carbon one 8)
e30 cab
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

civic vt

Post by e30 cab »

she looks stunning just the lips to stand it out more :D
CRX VT RESTORED H398 BUE
CRX VT SOLD H706 DCN
Stu-VT
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Stu-VT »

Nice car, you cant beat a white EE9!

Now you have the VTEC ug nothing will ever feel the same!

Good luck with it and enjoy!

Stu
beastgtir

Post by beastgtir »

Looking good, id have the 106 anyday though! Gti 180 front calipers with 282mm discs and bilstein shocks all round lowered 40mm and no vtec is catching it, straight lines or twisties.
dilo_attax

Post by dilo_attax »

missed out i shudav bought it when tahir was offering me... good luck...
tobi
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by tobi »

Looking good mate, just get those lips sorted for it!
As for the badge go for it, stuff anyone elses opinion its your car :lol:
Last time it snowed round here i was on the chase gate too, spanking me mates old beema it was much fun :lol:
Small world aint it
vtec = :)
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

beastgtir wrote:Looking good, id have the 106 anyday though! Gti 180 front calipers with 282mm discs and bilstein shocks all round lowered 40mm and no vtec is catching it, straight lines or twisties.
no vtec is catching it in straight lines, you reckon. you been buying and selling vt's for so long and you think a 106 gti isnt getting caught by any vtec in straight line? :roll:
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

Lovely looking car :D

beastgtir wrote:Looking good, id have the 106 anyday though! Gti 180 front calipers with 282mm discs and bilstein shocks all round lowered 40mm and no vtec is catching it, straight lines or twisties.
The man speaks the truth, you have to know the competition inside out.
No longer on the 'sucker list'
beastgtir

Post by beastgtir »

106 rallye are lightweight without any electrics, a sub 800kg shell. Combine that with a HIGH TORQUE 120bhp engine.. The 106/Saxo chassis is one of the best hot hatches made. FACT!

A chipped and cammed saxo vts (Not a lightweight rallye!) gapped a forum members 180.1 bhp quite considerably down a 1/4 stretch..

These saxos/106's are quick, i used to make corolla GTi's shiver in my 100bhp VTR.. A vtec would only have me after 3rd as the 8valve was sluggish after 75mph!

The only thing bad about the saxo/106 chassis is that it has a rear torsion bar instead of springs, At standard ride height the rear was twitchy. You had to play with it to keep it in line..
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

Couldnt have put it better myself, borrowed a 106 gti for a few weeks and love them or hate them you MUST respect saxos.

Prefer the 4g tho,
beastgtir

Post by beastgtir »

Yeah, thats the only thing putting me off another french hot hatch.. The size, in a civic you can still get 2 adults in the rear!
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

2 true

And reliability can be a worry.
beastgtir

Post by beastgtir »

Thats a myth. I had 2 saxo vtr's. A blacktop 90bhp and silvertop 98bhp.
I done over 20k miles in one without a problem..

You get petty things like like leaks and squeaks and the build quality aint a patch on honda. Even a 1988 civic has electric windows n sunroof!