4GUK Back home from JAE!

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

4GUK Back home from JAE!

Post by Craig G »

Just a quick post to say - Hope you all got home safely! ( unlike the Nissan i saw spun off the motorway about 2miles from the showground :shock: )

Any how just want to say a big thanks to all who turned up and how good it was to see everyone - shame about the rain but i think we all still had a good time in between diving in the cars for shelter.

I arrived home a short while ago to discover i actually have a sunburnt face :oops: even after all the rain!?

I have to say everyones cars where looking on top form and it was great to see so many, all at one time. :D

Dida4g, Cryz2, Civic Jim, Nominous - It was nice to finally meet my mods!

All the members that where there (i'm not listing names as i might miss someone then you'll be upset, my memory is poor!) thanks for coming i was well impressed with the turn out and really pleased to meet you all.

meandmejulie - good to meet you and your missus and your dog - loving the import its awesome - i want your aircon when you get project "x" underway!! oh and by the way cheers for the loan of your boots i have them in my car :roll:

streakeruk - Good to meet you i hope you are now going on a dettox after the one or two (or 40!) pints you had over the weekend!! :wink:

You're all top people.

I will get some pics up later on this evening - I'm off for a shower... 3 days of damp clothes isn't good for the personal hygiene!
EDIT *Melbourne Blue Shuttle Crew
Superior Blue Shuttle Crew
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

Nice to meet you all also, wasnt sure who was who like, i gathered there was Peter, Si, Craig...Erm...Got lost who was how after that :)

Would of loved to stay longer, but my "Lift" wasnt really into his jap cars, so, he got bored very quickly, and my mate lost interest, so, thats why i left pretty early.

Hopefully next year (If one comes around) would love to stay the whole weekend.

(BTW, Si, Fixed most of my idel issues, she now idles at about 1100 Rpm when just over Op Temp :) )
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Yeah it was a shame you had to go we didn't get much time to chat - definately be on for next year - i will start organising now! starting with a flag pole, i'm useless i know, but it did look ok under the Gazebo i thought. Thanks again for that and thanks to Peter for getting the Gazebo at such a bargain price for me packed up ready for next year :wink:
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

Would of loved to stay the weekend, Hopefully will next year in my DX :)
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Gizmo wrote:Would of loved to stay the weekend, Hopefully will next year in my DX :)
Good, Good!

Si, i still have your CD i will post!!! and also i forgot - thanks for the loan of the socks. With my three quarter lengths, meandmejulies steel toe capped boots and your white odd sports socks i had a real fashion trend in the making :lol:
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Oh and Andy watch out cos' here comes the cider wasp :shock: :lol:
EE17 Superior Shuttle
streaker
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by streaker »

:lol: :lol:

'Spider wasp, spider wasp, comeing to get you, spiderwasp' two shouts out on the local radio too :P

One fantastic weekend, all of us throughly enjoyed it. I don't get way from the family much, hence the blowout :wink: ( well in public anyways )

I managed to ask the del slo club twice if they could do anything with my hair :lol:

Many Thanks to Clint ( I think) as we polished off 7 cans of Hobgoblin beer left by him :lol: I owe you one :wink:

Looking forward to next year :P and meeting up again. Hopefully the Miss Banzai lot have sorted themselves out by then and will have tiny bikinis and poles!!

It has been a pleasure to meet the members who came, just a shame the Brum contingent didn't make it :?: As I was in no fit shape most of the meet to speak forgive me for not remembering many names and faces :?
Hope everyone got home safely, we passed several patrol cars and a van camera about 4 miles away from the show :twisted: But well within the limit so all's well :lol: We also had the pleasure of a little toy with Japnortheast winner in her del-sol. She's on the site for those interested :wink: ( all of us were :shock: )
Pity about the weather, sods law, but like Craig I have a red neck and bright face :lol:

Organisation was fine, loved the flag :wink: Only a large party tent for next year as it WILL be raining again :lol:

Thanks again for putting up with us and our loud behaviour :OD
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

Cant forget the random placement of decals on your car also...Pretty Funny :lol:
m@rk
4GUK Donator

Post by m@rk »

yes yes...nice to meet you all.. good day out.. had to get off to start my little project :wink: :wink: ..did you get those springs on craig???? :oops: ..i think you should keep those boots.. looked weel cooool :shock:
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Funny how now i've met you i can read your post in your accent! Newcastle, like! :lol:

No probs with the loud behaviour - it was all in good spirit man! it really brightened it all up :D thoroughly entertaining weekend.

A few photos to remind us of Streakeruk @ JAE 2007...

Most "Homely Area" Award goes to...

Decals :lol:
Sadly i didn't get one of the Scooby WRC one :lol:
Decal removal - that game didn't last long although the 1.6 left as a vtec exi (which was left over from Apexi) :lol:
Spot the Cider Wasp....

and saving the best til last then "bin bag drag"
Back up Andy you've got a hitch hiker under your bumper!!!! :lol:
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: .

Post by Craig G »

meandmejulie wrote:yes yes...nice to meet you all.. good day out.. had to get off to start my little project :wink: :wink: ..did you get those springs on craig???? :oops: ..i think you should keep those boots.. looked weel cooool :shock:
I didn't get the spings done - i give up i'm gonna get a mechanic to do it when they do my MOT. :roll: I surrender!

I will keep those boots so i can re-create my new stylish look and ask for the lower arm bolts from my mechanic so i can drop kick them as far as possible!!!

Hope the project :wink: is going well.
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Civic Jim
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by Civic Jim »

well what a weekend !!

it took me and lucy a total of 8 1/2 hours to get there but it was definately worth it !

was really good to finally meet you guys after all these years and have a good chat and look round the cars

it was a Really good turn out for the clubs first proper show attendance, hopefully even bigger next time!

sorry to Si for not having long to chat, but no doubt lucy couldnt keep her trap shut for 5 seconds so i expect you were occupied lol

nice to see my first SiR in person, looked a nice example too, and i was loving Kevs motor, nice to see someone who has the same taste in their EF's :top:

hope you liked my 4x4 monster (lol) , it will one day keep up with the teg im sure lol.

will definately be seeing you guys in future shows, will pop over for a few drinks and wotnot!

thanks for the warm welcome guys

Jim & Lu
now boosting about in a R32 GTR
J766--
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by J766-- »

great weekend!! Lol followed isaac and ben back down south (them driving my future 1616;)) and he had a puncture about half an hour down the road :shock:

shame i was in the golf, although the german tank did me well, its dodgy wheel bearing got me all the way back to bmth!!

I will definitely be in a 4g next year...

streaker ur probably the most random and funny person ive met... and you took my VTEC virginity!! in the rain :shock:
cheers for the "tabs" by the way!!

Craig, well organised considering how little time you had!! was really impressed. evryone found the site, we had shelter and it all turned out well in the end!!

I too am sunburned :evil:

Also loving the JDM import, so subtley different! and the superior blue GL (peter's) looking nice, and the godly shuttle keeping me warm on friday!!

Countin down till next time!
If it aint Jap, it's Crap.

1993 Accord Coupe CC1
AdamSol
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by AdamSol »

Come on get some decent photos up! I've been waiting.
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

O.k O.k :lol:

The Two 4 Doors side by side first...

One for Streaker - After you left a dude with a turbo'd civic turned up he said he'd sign up to the forum - i took a photo for ya!

Our Club Stand (nothing special but it kept the rain off! (except when it was sideways rain... run for the cars!!!!!!! :roll:

Few shots from over the weekend (apologies if i show some twice)
EE17 Superior Shuttle