Ebay TW*TS

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
johnsonca9
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Ebay TW*TS

Post by johnsonca9 »

Not had a 4th gen in a while, but do have a newer civic (family life now, lol)

Had a day of work, 9-5.30 yesterday, then jumped in the car and drove from Hull, East Yorkshire to North London to pick up a new civic (EV1, civic type s 5 door)

Looked good on ebay, won the auction, got all the way there and the car ws an absolute shambles.

Front end had been in a moderate accident, but I think they must have had it repaired by monkeys. Silicone holding bulbs in the headlights, front slam panel still twisted and rusting, the front bumper corners had been dremelled to fit around the wings as the bumper was pushed back a half inch on one side.

ABSOLUTE JOKE!!! And then the cheeky bugger said 'oh well, I'll give you £100 off. No thanks.

On the fair side, I had won the auction cheap, but I wasn;t coming home with this pile of !!!!!

Got a new baby girl at home less than 2 months old, and just wanted a nice reliable car for the family.

Just to warn you all, this is the auction I won;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170915535189? ... 1497.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have no doubt it will be relisted at some point, but be aware. This car needs a full front end rebuild!! You have been warned.
Last edited by johnsonca9 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Making perfection isn't always easy,

But I ain't got nothing but time!!!
perfectionist
4GUK Donator

Re: Ebay TW*TS

Post by perfectionist »

At least you knew what to look for, some poor bugger is gonna get shafted buying it :not top:

Btw the one in the link is in Cheshire not north london :?
A person who wants everything to be perfect and demands the highest standards possible.

Friends call me Nas ;)
civicracer
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by civicracer »

Car listed in Stockport not north London. am I missing something ???????????
johnsonca9
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by johnsonca9 »

Sorry, link amended. Still in a tizz today. Got in at 4.20 this morning, and up at 7 for work.

Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

Thats crap mate. I hope you reported the seller to eBay?
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
johnsonca9
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by johnsonca9 »

Apparently vehicles aren't covered by them or something. Bit fobbed off by ebay really.

Keeping my eye out for another one now. Just a bit crap because another ended 4 minutes after that I was watching but never bid on it as we won this one.

:(

Lee4391
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by Lee4391 »

Whats baffles me is sellers don't say feck all in the advert but then have a few 100 people come and look at the car and rightfully tell them to feck off. So surely they are just wasting their own time?

I personally be as honest as i can when selling my car cuz if i omit something no doubt the buyer will spot it and i don;t wanna waste an hour of my life literally wasting someone elses times. I'd much rather them come knowing what to
expect.

I just don't understand what they gain from not putting it in the ad.