Everyone-read-this

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
dida4g

Everyone-read-this

Post by dida4g »

It's a car from my era so it's a little painfull. :evil: :evil:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread ... ad-this!!!
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
m@rk
4GUK Donator

Re: Everyone-read-this

Post by m@rk »

burn the garage....... :top:
16i TURBO FOR SALE

pm me if intersted

B18C'R EK
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by B18C'R EK »

m@rk wrote:burn the garage....... :top:
X2
OWNER OF

EF8 SIR
EF9 SIR II
EG6 SIR II
EG9 SIR (RARE OPTION EXTRAS)
EK FERIO (17000KM) High Spec Limited RS Edition
98 PY DC2
K20 EK (BIG SPEC)

Civic Jordan 331/500
EK FERIO - breaking :(
B18 FORGED TURBO VSM EJ9 - put back to standard and sold :(

Bring on the haters
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

what else happened? i cant be bothered to read 26 pages..
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

Marc_EE9 wrote:what else happened? i cant be bothered to read 26 pages..
I don't think you have to read it all Marc, :roll: unless you want to know the ins and outs of the whole saga? It's simple really, It's just a story to shock and show what can happen!

Obviously, some guy gets his pride and joy wrecked by some plank of an MOT tester. Poor chap, must be absolutely devastating!

And yes, burn the garage....... as long as the guilty party is locked in there too :twisted:
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

i thought there was more to it, which is why it went on for 26 pages.

thats nothing new, I've read stories like that before. i hear much worse stories too.
SiR-CUE
4GUK Donator

Post by SiR-CUE »

A Shame.
HATE THE GAME, NOT THE PLAYER !!
Lee4391
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by Lee4391 »

Marc_EE9 wrote:i thought there was more to it, which is why it went on for 26 pages.

thats nothing new, I've read stories like that before. i hear much worse stories too.
May well be nothing new, but how would you feel if you took your VT for and MOT and the person you entrusted to look after it stacks it because they were driving it without permission. Thats 1000s of pounds of money down the pan, aswell as multiple years of experiences, memories and enjoyment etc etc.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Yes I know, I'm not denying that.

I always watch my MOT being done, and would of thought any enthusiast who has spent ££££'s would too...
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

What Lee said.
I dont read, see or hear these stories.
Stories I hear are usually people being fooled into buying BS parts.
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Some people cant watch their MOT though Marc. For a lot of people work gets in the way and not many can afford a day off work just to take a car for MOT pride and joy or not. At the end of the day your entrusting your car to the garage. If they stack it they should pay for it. The sad reality of it though is that the owner will never get back what the car is actually worth. You cant put a price on a seemingly (from the photo's) rot free 20 year old car. Its also the cost to build another to the same spec in man hours alone.

Not to mention didn't this actually happen to you, you left your car at a garage and they took your car out for a spin around an old air strip or something along those lines....I remember you hit the roof about that as you would but still, dont make the situation seem less of a deal when you would react the same way.

Bit odd that the garage drove the car, we take cars for MOT's where i work (so obviously i drive a lot of customers cars) but it says on the sign MOT arranged....If the garage is an MOT station themselves they shouldn't really have been driving it apart from on and off the ramp.
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

well i certainly have heard of MOT stations damaging cars, happens more than you think, i guess you personally dont hear about them.

MOT stations are open 6 days a week, fair enough if you work on all of those 6 days. it takes up to 45mins, i would happily take my car to get MOT'd on my lunch break and eat while it was being done.

and no this didnt happen to me, and no one has driven my car on an air strip, no idea where you got that from. when i had an alarm fitted they burnt out my clutch and brakes and I gave them a piece of my mind, and since then and a few years ago they stopped trading. not down to me, but maybe my complaint had something to do with, which is why i do complain so other people dont get caught out, and hopefully gives the company a kick up the A$$.

i take my car to the same family run garage everytime, i am now friendly with them and their staff never changes. they are all over 40, so have no interest in a 1.6 hatchback.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

I find time to wait by my car when it's having MOT, regardless of work.

I appreciate others are less fortunate with flexibility when it comes to work etc.

That is a shame though, there was one seriously quick N/A Nova at TOTB last weekend.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
skull-candy18
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by skull-candy18 »

My car got thrashed around when I took it for tracking.
Said it was slow as well :(
Alex
CRX 1616
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Yeah i know what your saying but for example if i wanted to get my car MOt'd while at work i couldn't i only get a 45 minute lunch at halfords max. at garage i get a working "lunch" :roll: But that's beside the point i just mean that not every one can take a car and stay with it due to work commitments.

Hmm i dunno i read it ages ago on a forum i thought it was your car must have been another :lol: Im with you on that how i wrote sounded like i was having a go but not meant to come across like that. In the same situation i would certainly complain and post on forums if i had any issues with any company in particular.

Yeah im the same i have a certain garage where i take my car for MOT. I imagine most will when its your pride and joy you dont let the cheapest clown get hold of it :lol:
skull-candy18 wrote:My car got thrashed around when I took it for tracking.
Said it was slow as well :(
Damn thats ballsy take your car without permission rag it and then give it back and say its slow :shock: I would DEFINITELY kick off about that :twisted:
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)