MattJ's B18c EE9. - Now Sold.

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
mattj
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

MattJ's B18c EE9. - Now Sold.

Post by mattj »

Bought this the saturday just gone, comepletely standard example.

Car: Red EE9 iVT
Miles: 114k

Mods to date

Engine:
b18cR block
b16a1 head
ITR Dual valve springs
ITR 98' Cams
Magnecor 8mm HT leads
K&N Panel filter
Full size alloy radiator
5zigen Pro Racer Tri-Y manifold
Buddyclub Spec2
Chipped ECU (Vtec 4,8K Launch Control 4,8k)
Road tuned

Exterior:
Amber corners
Amber indicators
Chargespeed replica front lip
Chargespeed rear spoiler.
4guk club sticker :top:

Interior:
OEM Dash mat
OEM Rubber floor mats
Nardi replica steering wheel.
Razo Gear knob
Tegiwa shift extender
Broadway 270mm Rearview.

Transmission:
ITR Flywheel
Skunk2 dual bend short shift
Poly bushed selector rods

Chassis / Wheels:
Black diamond drilled grooved disks.
K sport coilovers
Cyberspeed rear LCA
Rear upper strut brace
SSR X types on Uniroyal Rainsport 2.

Service list (More so for personal reference.)
Fuel filter @ 117,450.
NGK BKR7E-11 @ 117, 580.
Millers XSS 10/40 & Hamp filter @ 117,000
New rotor cap @ 117,640.

Some pictures, borrowed from Cue's album as i have none of it as it stands. Have a massive amount of goodies from my ec9 build which will make their way onto this car. Will update with pics as i go, as well as keep the mod list up to date.

Last edited by mattj on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Re: MattJ's EE9.

Post by Ben_theEFking »

Good purchase Matt, looks real clean.

What are your plans for it?
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Damn Matt what have you done joiniing the dark side haha :P Looks a great example though 8)

Also this mean the Ec9 project is no more :?: :cry:

I also demand to lay claim to the wiring loom if this i true ^ haha :P
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
mattj

Post by mattj »

Cheers lads :top:

Ben, I've got plenty of parts i collected for the ec9 so they'll be going on. I have a bc spec2 rep, and i'm picking up a 5zigen mani this weekend. Same lad also has a teggy inlet and skunk2 thermal gasket, do those inelts fit an a1 head? I have a genuine unused chargespeed spoiler, and some nearly new ksport coilovers. Yesterday i picked up some cyberspeed rear LCA's and some front camber adjustable arms, and on the weekend i'm collecting some d2 rear camber adjusters. Have a full set of strut braces, beak rep rear tie bar and tomorrow im picking up a c pillar brace. Also have a skunk2 dual bend short shift, but i want an extender to go onto that, and then a razo gearknob. I have a nardi rep wheel too, but minus the horn as it was lost in the post, so i need to source a push button horn.

I may have missed some peices out but really i'm just on the look out for a nice set of wheels.

Walshy it does mate, however luckily for you the loom was just completed, and all labeled up. I'll bring it with saturday along with a certain bucket seat and you can decide which one you'd like to purchase haha.
johnboymartin666

Post by johnboymartin666 »

very clean example.
1990 Honda Civic SiR - G337YRJ
mattj

Post by mattj »

Cheers mate.

It's been painted before, you can see the bay and door shuts are a different colour to the car. Paint work is also a little orange peeled so i'll be having some paint correction done, but it's not urgent. Would rather wait till after next winter and see what toll its hard on the arches. The car has been undersealed, and i've been round again doing the arches, but the passenger inner arch is showing the tiniest sign of softness.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

mattj wrote:Cheers lads :top:

Ben, I've got plenty of parts i collected for the ec9 so they'll be going on. I have a bc spec2 rep, and i'm picking up a 5zigen mani this weekend. Same lad also has a teggy inlet and skunk2 thermal gasket, do those inelts fit an a1 head? I have a genuine unused chargespeed spoiler, and some nearly new ksport coilovers. Yesterday i picked up some cyberspeed rear LCA's and some front camber adjustable arms, and on the weekend i'm collecting some d2 rear camber adjusters. Have a full set of strut braces, beak rep rear tie bar and tomorrow im picking up a c pillar brace. Also have a skunk2 dual bend short shift, but i want an extender to go onto that, and then a razo gearknob. I have a nardi rep wheel too, but minus the horn as it was lost in the post, so i need to source a push button horn.

I may have missed some peices out but really i'm just on the look out for a nice set of wheels.

Walshy it does mate, however luckily for you the loom was just completed, and all labeled up. I'll bring it with saturday along with a certain bucket seat and you can decide which one you'd like to purchase haha.

Damn Matt you have some serious kit stock piled 8) Better get some of it fitted for when you come down we could have a lil shoot :D

Hahah the seat is well and truly off the cards for me man :( as it looks like im going to have to buy a new caliper as mine seized solid today F*7%£!? !?*% are just some of the terms that were thrown around today. However the loom could well be an un missable item :wink: as i have some serious plans for this year my project is going to a whle new level haha :wink:
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
SuperDOHC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by SuperDOHC »

Congrats on purchase buddy

Wish a could have come down and met you oh well maybe next time

The cam cover looks pretty good not the best of jobs by myself but still cool
ImageImageImage

White GL
Unique Edition
mattj

Post by mattj »

It'll be as it is now Walshy, gonna start fitting things when i get back. I'll bring the loom with me then mate. What calipers have you got? I've got a some from an EG Vei (252mm) that fit straight onto a gl / dx hub and a spare pair of vtec calipers.

Cheers Asif, really pleased with it. Cue mentioned you painted the cover for him. I'm happy with it mate, keep the bay looking fresh :top:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Nice buy, glad it went to an enthusiast 8)

I wouldn't bother with the ITR inlet. The thermal gasket would be a good idea though.

Get all the bushes checked and refreshed.

You keeping it on the stock i-VT wheels, I love them and it would make a change if someone decided to keep them.

I wouldn't bother with the replica Nardi wheel too, I have heard and seen some horrors about them.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
COSWORTH
**Trader**

Post by COSWORTH »

whats the reg, does it end cbe?

I'm having such a good time..
Mudy_M
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Mudy_M »

Good Buy Mate! Looks Stunning :top:
iVT
mattj

Post by mattj »

thanks lads :top:

T, is there no / little gains from the ITR inlet? is the TB not larger? I'm gonna be working my way round bushses, barring an ARB knock they all seem fairly good at the moment but thats at standard heigh on standard suspension. I imagine they'll start to go once its been lowered. I've seen the drift works video for the nardi rep.. It's biased imo, DW sell nardi wheels. Plus that blokes 16+ stone, i'm 12 and dont swing from my wheel like an ape. It was a cheap purchase from ebay so it will do till something better comes along.

No it doesnt cossy, ends EMJ. Just so happens to be my initials.
robhornerhonda
4GUK Donator

Post by robhornerhonda »

so thats the one one you got.....lol
cue was showing me pics of that car when he was up mine the other week..look s tidy that bud....

when you bring it out? d16a9 vrs b16a1 shootout on the a19 like???

rob
the north east s 1 and only......
mattj

Post by mattj »

I'll be out tonight rob, i'll come find you for a nosey round if you're out. Haha yeah special stage 19 is a go ahead like. Not tnight though, she's still got standard mani and cat/exhaust on, you can feel its really restricted. Think the little black bomber would out pull it. Should be puttin the 5zigen and spec 2 on next weekend though.