The Turbo attracts some idiots!

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
streaker
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

The Turbo attracts some idiots!

Post by streaker »

On the way home last night, not booting it but then again not out for a Sunday drive either....

Some gimp in a new Punto take offense that I am about to overtake him so floors his pile of cheap italiano cack and has to do an emergency stop to avoid back ending another car at the lights.... :|

Further down some particularily ugly midgit gorilla in a Vectra ( I was surprised it didnt break down ) pulls away from the lights a bit quicker and then lets me past in 3rd - 4th upto a roundabout. I'm then behind another car on a slip road when he tools past and cuts us both up to cut into our lane infront, really bullied his way in, I wouldnt have let him, but the car infront obviously didnt want to be side swiped :evil:

In the CRX people look and pull out the way, in the Civic dicks just dont want to accept it's quicker than their heaps of shite and are willing to cause accidents trying to proove the point :roll: Madness :?
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: The Turbo attracts some idiots!

Post by gwenge »

streaker wrote:dicks just dont want to accept it's quicker than their heaps of shite
That's all it boils down to ;)
They're missing the best thing in life :lol:
streaker

Post by streaker »

And another Vectra tonight, foot down and crazy manoeuvres just to stay ahead. FFS, I'm only going home and not up for that sort of thing.

Do they only come out at night?
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

:lol: Tools mate !
Most of them come out at night... I'll be honest i haven't had too many people try and play with me.... I recon i will when it's all painted up :/

Just let them waste fuel ;) :top:
James4g

Post by James4g »

it really gets on my nerves aswell , usually Zetec-S with me tho lol
Rich4thGen

Post by Rich4thGen »

streaker wrote:And another Vectra tonight, foot down and crazy manoeuvres just to stay ahead. FFS, I'm only going home and not up for that sort of thing.

Do they only come out at night?
:lol: I get that quite a bit down here, nob jockey's in their astras, celicas etc... Think they see 'civic' and assume its just a 1.4 or something :?
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Infuriating isn't it! I've been lucky in my Civic to somehow avoid these cretins....when I had my Suzuki Swift GTI on the other hand...it seemed to attract all the knobheads :roll:

Streaker...I think your Rover wheels may not be helping your situation :lol:
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

Looking at what you guys are saying, this is obviously becoming a problem. I get it quite often round my way too! I think our little civics are getting quite a reputation and all these "chiefs" feel they have some point to prove? I think they just don't like the idea of a 20yr old motor making them look stupid. I find youths in C1's and Fiesta zetec-s particularly bad. Bit of the green eyed monster me thinks :OD :D
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
Three_Cross
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Three_Cross »

I got my 4g on the road 3 weeks ago.

I only want to go slow between home and work but the amount of people wanting to prove they can't be beaten by a j-reg is stupid when I am not even trying and they are foot flat down I would suspect.

Got to love these new 2010 cars getting left by my old 4g :)
Honda Civic i16
Honda CBR 400 RR
Honda CBR 600 F
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

joys of motoring! same with me whenever the EF2 is out. lads with every halfords accessory trying it on with my old civic. wallys. keep it for the track
streaker

Post by streaker »

Peter, it isn't the wheels, they put their foot down before I'm up to them. Just a set of lights coming up behind or maybe its noisier than an average car.

No problems tonight, I was in a hurry!
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

streaker wrote:No problems tonight, I was in a hurry!
PMSL :lol: Left 'em all behind! :lol:
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Allkiller
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Allkiller »

Had the same thing on the A3 an older RS focus with 5 gorillas in it aint a match for the 16v, but sitting on my backside at 65 mph provoking me, so i had to GO!!
Then carving me up badly when i slowed down ...loads of abuse and stuff throw out the window....ok 1 to 1 he probably would have beaten me, but Ha Ha you cock for trying 5 up, and losing...by a long way :D

, gonna race be prepared you dont know what these little babies are capable of...would of loved to had your Turbo Civic Andy that time :twisted:
Yeah lots of Knobs out to prove their cars to our 4Gs....wonder why :lol: :lol:
Owen92
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by Owen92 »

Yea i get annoyed this these tools too, but the feeling of pissing all over a much more modern car, which is worth maybe 10 times the adverage 4g, driven by an overpayed smug bastard is a good feeling!
gouldy
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Re: The Turbo attracts some idiots!

Post by gouldy »

my mate j had had a b16 and pissed all over everthing up my way, even a boxster!!! until he crashed it lol :lol:
civic DX-vt-turbo