Civic SiR

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
91civic_VT
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Civic SiR

Post by 91civic_VT »

Does anyone know if the civic SiR's have the same rear lower control arm as the CRX SiR's?
Just wondering as I am looking for some loop and eye type rear lower control arms to replace the fork type ones on my VT.
Michael

Civic VT - B16a1
CRX 1.5x - D15b
UK CIVIC B16A2
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by UK CIVIC B16A2 »

Im running rover gti ones so i guess. Just do what i did and take a tape measure to the scrapyard, tho once i fitted them (because i ordered the wrong shocks) it seemed to lower it a bit more (not that im complaining of course :) ). This could have been down to the wrong shocks of course, plus they were supposed to be shorter anyway. The reason i got rover ones is because theres a monopoly on second hand japanese car parts round here, they wanted £40 each! so i went round the corner and got the pair for £15 without bartering(!?) and with the shocks still attached!
Soon to be faster...

www.futureracingdevelopments.co.uk - Fast road and track day car modification of the highest quality in the north east. You tell us how fast you want to go, or how much you've got to spend and we'll do the rest.
D2 TEX
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by D2 TEX »

They do fit and i have got a set for sale mate, I need to take them off the SiR im scrapping so ill let you know when i do :D

Nick
91civic_VT
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by 91civic_VT »

I tried to send you a pm on the crx forum but you must not have got it.
I take it they are eye and loop type then?
Oh and how much are you looking for? :D
Cheers!
Michael

Civic VT - B16a1
CRX 1.5x - D15b
UK CIVIC B16A2
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by UK CIVIC B16A2 »

Just one thing to remember when fitting them, everyone makes the same mistake (i know i did aswell as a garage that did my mates car). The middle bush (the shock mount) sits lower than the rest, it looks wrong but its the right way to do it. I think its to allow a longer shock in there, if you get it wrong the car will sit right high up. Hopefully that might save someone an extra hours work...

The pressed ones go on in a n shape, rather than a u shape, if you know what i mean. Just dont go making the same mistake i did, its right sickening! :)
Soon to be faster...

www.futureracingdevelopments.co.uk - Fast road and track day car modification of the highest quality in the north east. You tell us how fast you want to go, or how much you've got to spend and we'll do the rest.