d/shaft alignment on VT...

Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Handling,
ee9boy
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

d/shaft alignment on VT...

Post by ee9boy »

When I look under my car on a lift, the d/shaft dont come out of the g/box and go straight to the hubs, they seem at a weird angle. I have had the car years and just thought it was normal....anyone else noticed this?
What's the reason for it? You'd think to have them straight as possible would be better...
Cueboy
How many EE9's are left?
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

Driveshafts generally tend to be hanging down at an angle when a car is on a ramp anyway. When the ramp is lowered again and the car is on the ground, all the suspension components take up the weight of the car and the driveshafts level out. Also if a car is EXTRA low, it can cause the driveshafts to go past level and sit at an inward angle putting huge stain on the shaft, it's joints and the gearbox.
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
ee9boy
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by ee9boy »

Yes, I know what you're saying about having the car on a ramp, but mine was on a 4 post ramp, so it was sat on it's wheels and they angle looks wrong. My vt has been lowered but only by about 30mm.
I was just wondering if the shafts do sit perfectly straight on other VTs that haven't been lowered... the shafts on mine seem to be pointing back..??
It would be nice if some other users on here could check theirs...
Cueboy
How many EE9's are left?
grinch
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by grinch »

just had a look at mine mate ,its not a vt doo but the drives angle to the back of the car so id say your alrite shouldnt make any diference anyway thats wat the cv joints and bering cups are for :D
grinch
ee9boy
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by ee9boy »

OK, nice one thanks mate that puts my mind at rest
Cueboy
How many EE9's are left?