2nd attempt at an SiR conversion - sold but not forgotten

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
fasterfasterfaster
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

2nd attempt at an SiR conversion - sold but not forgotten

Post by fasterfasterfaster »

OK, so, i had an attempt at a project before, (ec9 to ef9) that one required more than i had to give so, in my impatience at not having a 4g on the road i gave in an bought an EF1 for relatively cheap that needed some work :shock: so far ive put on a set of dual carbs to up the acceleration a bit, have lowered it on a set of springs that were on the ec9 when i bought it, fitted 15" team drifz wheels, fitted a back box i got off a mini :lol: all on the cheap of course :D so when i got it theres was a bad dent in the passenger sill which i discovered to my dismay was rusted through! there was a hole in the Q panel bout the size of a twenty p piece, then i smacked a wall and crumpled drivers wing broke indicator and damaged bumper and filler, so after a long wknd of working on it with a mate whose a panel beater, i have all repaired, including a full set of sprayed door strips and fitting an ef9 spoiler, aslo smoothed the boot lid of the wiper and badges and smoothed the aerial out, also resprayed the back bumper strip, was gona de lock it but though seeing as there'll be lockless door handles going on better not just incase, so after spraying the replacement one off the gl i realised there was a difference in lock hole position :oops: so gona have to spray the old one now and put it back on but it will do for the time being!! still needs a proper compound polish and wax and a good valet but its better than it was!! next up is swap the bonnet for another one i have in better condition, tidy up the interior with better seats and maybe spray the plastics all black and recover the roof lining with something black, any ideas?? have to try get it NCT'd this month and then hopefully B16a'd next month :lol:

As she was when i got her:

With wheels and lowered and polished:

sill fooked:

sill repaired:

spoiler prepped:

parts hanging for spraying:

Wiper and badge holes filled:

badge holes welded:

bye bye aerial:

Q panel being repaired:

piece tacked into sill:

bootlid smoothed and sprayed:

rear end finished, might fit a granish i have that doesn have civic on it: Image

lower q panel and sill sprayed:

morning after the night before damage:

stay tuned for pics of her back together and polished, be a few days, bit busy lately!

Sorry bout the shitty pics, im afraid im no photographer!
Last edited by fasterfasterfaster on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

Get a heat gun on the bumper, easy fix.
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

8)

can i have your rear 1/4 trims please!? swop for mine +cash :D
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Where you are doing these little bits like he aerial removal and the rear wiper, how easy / hard is it to match the colour with the car when you spray it over?

You can match by paint codes but as I've found out with the shuttle, wahts coming out of the tin isn't the same as what is on the car after 20 yeas of aging.
So what do / can you do to make it right ?

I've heard black is a bitch to match.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

nominous wrote:Where you are doing these little bits like he aerial removal and the rear wiper, how easy / hard is it to match the colour with the car when you spray it over?

You can match by paint codes but as I've found out with the shuttle, wahts coming out of the tin isn't the same as what is on the car after 20 yeas of aging.
So what do / can you do to make it right ?

I've heard black is a bitch to match.
50% depends on paint, 50% depends on skill

polish surround areas very well before spraying, using cutting paste if need be, and use colour as indicated (red primer etc). G3 cutting paste works wonders :D depends how well you blend in, and how good the paint is. my door handles on the shuttle are matches 99%, as i got local paint place to make up the colour, rather than halfords etc :lol:

but my door handle i sprayed on the VT is a poor match. its a bit yellowy (not down to lacquer)
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

bout time you got the ball rolling tommy!!!

still have them caps , y1 label and ef9 book here for you :D
fasterfasterfaster

Marc - the ones that were on it were rubbery ones that were tiger sealed on which i binned!!! i might have a pair thrown round my garage somewhere, i can have a look if ya want!!

Nominous - it was a mate of mine who sprayed it for me but because he had to spray the Q panel on the aerial side he just sprayed the whole roof strip from Q panel to bonnet!! it was a mate of mine in the auto factors who mixed the paint as wel (water base) so it was spot on, the car still needs a full G3 polish with the machine but he done the drivers door and if theres a colour difference i sure as hell cant see it and i usually have a good eye for it!! waterbase is supposed to be a very good match though!

Dida4g - good thinking managed to knock out the dent a bit with a lump hammer, il hang onto it for a spare (hope to fook il never need it)

And Bryan - good things come to those who wait - translation, good things come to those who persist no matter how many set backs they have or how futile it may seem!! Cheers for hanging onto those bits for me, il have to ball up and collect em off ya sometime, wanna put those wheels on the ef1 once the b16a goes in!! :)
momosega
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by momosega »

Nice repair! I would to know if you have modified the body to put the EF front light? (because they are larger than EC lights)

Here in red:

:wink:
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

You dont need to modify them bud they just bolt on but you need a new bonnet and front valance and T-bar for VT lights
momosega
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by momosega »

Ok, piece n°5! :wink:
fasterfasterfaster

I dont have to worry about that because this car is an EF1 not the EC9 thats still on axle stands in my garage awaiting the scrap lorry, i know i know, but i just dont have the resources or ability to give it life again, but ye can be happy in the knowledge that i tried, at least i gained some knowledge from it, unfortunately not enough to know the rear bumper fillers are'nt the same as EF ones :oops: il get pics up at the wknd!!
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

them bits are here for you anyway , and i might have a wrap round lens for you aswell , going to look at a damaged VT the weekend :D if there is one i will grab it for you
fasterfasterfaster

Legend Bryan, Cheers :top: :top:
fasterfasterfaster

The back smoothed off bar the poxy lock hole!! was gona smooth it but decided against it and the bumper filler i fitted is a gl one!!

have to get a front plate and fit my ef9 lip again!!

Aerial gone :D

back again in the light

roof again

so thats it, still more to do but isnt there always :lol:
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

looks good i like the smoothed out rear, good spray job aswell :)
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)