Red 16valver

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Red 16valver

Post by Chris.p »

Finally decided to keep to civic so thought I'd start project thread as I've got a few plans for the future!

At the moment car still looks like this:

Got these which Im fitting tomorrow, not mods but should help improve current driving feel!

2 new outer cv joint and boot kits, new front wheel bearing, new frount pads, and also new drop links/stabiliser links and bushes

And also got this the other day for £30 for Lidl!!! Should help......

Plans for car:

-Jamex 40mil lowering kit, shocks and springs
-Better alloys!
-front and rear strut braces
-Paint rocker cover
-Fount lip from scrappy
-Red carpet made from Billiard cloth
-De wipered at back
-remove sound deadening
-relocate frount number plate
-Neo preen anti roll bar bushes
-after market centre pipe and back box
-new frount seats

sure theres more ill update when i remeber

In future I hope to either supercharge or turbo it with spare engine I've got to rebuild
the longer I own the 4g the harder it is to let go!
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

bargain toolkit for £30!! nice 8)

look forward to the changes
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

Cheers guys,

the tool kit was a bargin! its german aswell so biult quality is excellent better than most of halford's nik nak and 1/5th the price! i recomend LIDL for bargin tools! just got to keep and eye out stock changes weekly, I know that they have pretty good hydrolic jacks for £14 at moment.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Chris.p wrote:Cheers guys,

the tool kit was a bargin! its german aswell so biult quality is excellent better than most of halford's nik nak and 1/5th the price! i recomend LIDL for bargin tools! just got to keep and eye out stock changes weekly, I know that they have pretty good hydrolic jacks for £14 at moment.
i rarely go into an Aldi/Lidl, theres not many in Reading. but think i might pay them a visit today, as i need some axle stands and a new jack
m@rk
4GUK Donator

Post by m@rk »

i dont really like the red car with a black bonnet ........ :lol:
16i TURBO FOR SALE

pm me if intersted

Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

Me niether, I bought the car like that last november, it has grown on me slightly tho :oops:

thinking of spraying wing mirrors back to red, and am either going to do bonnet matt black (so no reflection from sun) of go back to red, but may aswell to full respray then!
Soldier456
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by Soldier456 »

Chris.p wrote:Me niether, I bought the car like that last november, it has grown on me slightly tho :oops:

thinking of spraying wing mirrors back to red, and am either going to do bonnet matt black (so no reflection from sun) of go back to red, but may aswell to full respray then!
How about flockin the dash too, to help with reflection. Don't think i've seen it done in a 4G before?
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

Soldier456 wrote:How about flockin the dash too, to help with reflection. Don't think i've seen it done in a 4G before?
Hows this done?

***update****

had a nightmare of a day today, turns out the front wheel bearing were fine, so got the wrong bearing its drivers back that need doing! luckily I only paid £15 for front one so I'll save it till it need doing.

Bottom ball joint's wouldnt come off either side and we didnt have a ball joint splitter so had to disconnect arm from top ball joint and take calliper and dic's off to get cv joint off and new one's on.

Then after fitting, one side was still knocking wierdly on full lock. Went to go home at half 8 down duely and drive shaft popped out! we must of knocked cv joint back off the shaft stuggling to get it back in to hub, so had to take wheel and hub nut off on side of road at 9.30! and hammer cv joint back on to drive shaft! in the process I managed to leave my nice new 32 ml shocket on the side of the road :roll: didnt realise till got home.

But on the plus side! new cv joints both sides, new stabilizer drop links, and new front pads!

and best of all I won these on ebay earlyer!!!

Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

cheers pal, not much fun at all!

not sure what colour to have alloys, they will stay standard colour at moment, but I'm thinking of powder coating them gunmetal grey, slightly goldy, or black

what do you think would suit red best?
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

true true, this is a fair point, Ill try and order them up this week ready for weekend, will have a ball joint spliter when i come fit them thankfully

How much do you reckon these alloys are worth? there off a civic jorden originally, some bloke off civiclife offered me a set for £200 few weeks ago I thought that was a bit pricey! glad I waited!
Rich4thGen
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by Rich4thGen »

Great updates, its good to see important maintenance work being done on a car and not just 'mods'. :wink:
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
nick_civic
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by nick_civic »

jordan wheels look good on a 4G. :wink:

i paid £200 for the set i had and thought it was a good price.
1991 Honda Civic GL (90hp)
1991 Honda Civic 1.6i-16 (130hp)
1996 Toyota Levin ae111 (163hp)
1992 Mazda RX7 fd3s (261hp tuned to 300hp)
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

Rich4thGen wrote:Great updates, its good to see important maintenance work being done on a car and not just 'mods'. :wink:
Too much maintenance! engine swap twice, new radiator (pre-caution), cv's, 2 sets of front pads, rear pads, front disc's, 2 sets of front tyres, drop links, etc etc etc, and need new wheel bearing all in a year, have done 20,000 miles tho!!!!

think i got bargin on alloys then! altho two tyres do need replacing, but ill throw my toyos on, get them balanced and do tracking.
Chris.p
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Chris.p »

Ordered up the Jamex shocks and springs kit yesterday, and collecting my new wheels later :D

Can anyone reccomend a cheap rear wheel bearing kit providor?
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Nice 4g bud will look sweet when it lowered with the new alloys and handle better 8)