Hey, i'm 16 and saving up 4 a Civic EF as my 1st car ;D

Introduce yourself to the rest of us - what's your car, plans and maybe a little about yourself if you like!
Rolfe
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Hey, i'm 16 and saving up 4 a Civic EF as my 1st car ;D

Post by Rolfe »

Or should I say more or less the £3'200 insurance just 4 a GL haha!

Well, I've always been into cars since I was like 4 or 5 and got even more interested in cars ever since I saw a gleaming, brand new, Jaguar S-type glide past me when I was 5 :) By about 7 I fell in love with the thought of modifying cars. I'm currently valeting and detailing which I really enjoy.

Anyway, here are my plans 4 the 4G......

Get it on some Tein Super street coilovers, White 15 inch Rota Slipstreams wrapped around Toyo Proxes R888's or Yokohama AO48's

Get a Pioneer DVD/CD player with a pop out screen fitted to the interior as well as a TomTom Sat nav, Cobreu bucket seats, Sparco 2 spoke steering wheel, Skunk2 gear knob, lightly tinted rear quarter windows and rear windscreen with senscors on the inside of each of those to detect theives approaching which will then set off a noise if they get too close. A Toad or Clifford alarm system fitted, an "Edge" Subwoofer thats probably going to be between 6 - 15 inches diameter (placed in the boot ofcourse), and an Edge amplifier and then a few edge door speakers.

Body wise possibly a "Spoon" duck bill spoiler and a couple of bonnet pins and a couple of scissor door hinges fitted + a few JDM decals to stick onto the bottom half of the car. Nothing too flash as I hate the over done look im just gonna keep it clean and simple and have it carnauba waxed loads for a really high gloss. It should b the cleanest Civic in the uk

I really want to get the Soshinoya badge stuck onto the front wing as well on my 1st year of driving and then ill replace it with the Koleshiya badge.

Engine wise I wanna, after a few years of savings get the older d series engine out. Then buy a {K20 2 litre Vtec} lump from an EP3 Civic, then get some HASPORT engine mounts to use to get the engine to fit. Fit it, and then I'll hopfully be able to get that engine then {Rotrex Supercharged} and Nos kitted by the "wizards of nos". Altogether that should get me at least 350BHP with the nos on.

Ive probably forgotten a few other lil bits and peices but those are pretty much the major parts, and im sure it will take a lot of hard work, cash and time but i'll be so satistfied once its all done and will then probably keep it as a weekend car after. Mind u those K20's are pretty much bullet proof and engineered to perfection so Im sure I'll have no problem using it as an everyday car.

The other thing is is that its going to be a strictly no-rice project. I hate riced out cars so much eeew they look so bad! Used to think that was cool when I was 10 but I have now matured.....ALOTT!

Cheers 4 reading tho I'm sorry it waz abit long

Daniel.
Love my EF.
outbound
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by outbound »

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm going to risk sounding like an old fart, but £3200 :shock:

I'd get a crappy car as a run about and save your pennies for your 2nd year of driving mate.

With 1 years NCB then you will have more favourable insurance quotes, and have all that money saved from not getting one for your first year to spend on mods on your new car.

It was my first year of driving this year and I bought a CRX, but thats because I learned to drive at 20 :lol: Still was £1700 fully comp though.

Just think £3200 worth of mods 8)
'87 Black 16v Tintop-Sold
'87 White Glasstop Si
Rolfe
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by Rolfe »

Yerr, cheers 4 the advice I've decided to add my mum and mums boyfriend when it happens anyway which will then only make it £1200 with Quinn! That qoute was just on my own. Do u reckon any 17 year old would be able to pay that much for a Civic's insurance unless they where aristocratic? :P In which case theyd have gotten mummy or daddy to get them a brand new CRV or Freelander :lol: Peace
Love my EF.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

:lol: welcome to the club dude.
Sounds like you've got some good plans too not sure about the scissor doors though bit 2 "needforspeed" for my liking.

Eth
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Welcome

Good Luck with finding yourself a Car

Plans don't sound too bad apart from the scissor Doors :shock: :?

But to go through with all your plans you would be looking at the very minimum £12,000. I wouldn't worry though, you'll enjoy the car enouth with the stock engine for a while.
KrazyCivic_91
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by KrazyCivic_91 »

Nice choice in getting a 4g after you have passed mate. I would say the same advice as outbound...get a runaround for a year and build up ur no claims discount and at the same time you can save up for parts for the 4g.
Anyway good look in finding a nice clean 1.
Enjoy your saty
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Welcome, that first post made me laugh though.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Soldier456
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by Soldier456 »

GL was my first car too, and defo the quickest out of all the cars my mates had. 1.4 polos/golfs, 1.4 Clios, fiestas..... You will defo have fun with the GL. And so many carb masters on this forum to help u out! Loadsa cheap mods to read up on for getting the best out of your GL. Although i wouldn't recommed mods in ya first year, unless ur keepin it hush from the insurance companies?
Optimus

Post by Optimus »

Welcome aboard, and good luck with your plans. Have to say i feel some sympathy with todays young drivers and the amount they have to pay insurance wise. I've just realised that when i passed my test, the 4g Civic was the current model! :D
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

Welcome to 4g uk

There are a few carb masters on here, we are a dying breed though :(
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

As above...welcome to 4GUK!

Respect goes out to you lad.....these cars are older than you are! This got me thinking......when I was 16/17yrs I did not really like too many cars that where older than myself....I tended to dismiss them as rusty ole' troublesome S*!t....how times have changed... it's always great having fresh peeps catching the 4G bug.

IMO....I would get a GL now......and spend a year working on it and tidying it up. If you have any other funds, buy a cheap dog of a car to start learning in/earning you NCB...if it's cheap, nasty tank of a thing you won't mind the odd knock (and invariably a 1st year drivers accident)...if you trashed you '1st' car (pride&joy), you will be gutted...especially if it's a Honda.....not so much if it's a Madmax tribute wagon.

Good luck in getting one.
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
davidT
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by davidT »

didnt no you even got a spoon spoiler for a 4g? :?
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

That's because I'm assuming he's got mixed up with the J's racing one....he's new....be kind!...lol!
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Rolfe
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by Rolfe »

Sorry!! Yeh I ment Chargespeed not Spoon, gah. And for the scissor doors yerr dunno now I might not have them cos I know there abit marmite actually.

Well my Auntie had the light blue GL for about 8 years and all she ever had to replace was tires, wipers, a cv boot and have some welding and under sealing doing! Although she did have it regularly serviced and cleaned up. Thats why I think there great, there so reliable! Apart from the fact all the other hatches have a sortof tall yet narrow look to them which the 4g civics dont, I'd say there more wide-ish and low looking hatches which is something I adore about em. + My Uncle has a crazy 700BHP Supra which has got me even more into the Japanese car scene.

Anyway she sold that to an old ish guy who lives locally in a care home I'm sorta friends with, if I stay in his good books he might let me buy it off him next year! He recently had the thermostat done on it too.

My Auntie was so happy with how reliable that Civic turned out to be, she went out and got another Honda.... a Dark blue 51 CRV 2.0.
Love my EF.
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Another old person's view point.
You're mad. :idea:

It's a ridiculous amount of insurance to spend on a car, plus you're modding it !!! Statistically you're going to crash it.

But it wont happen to you right? :wink:
Just buy something cheap to insure and drive it for a year.

Also, you'll save a ton of money by buying the car so you can insure as a learner from your 17th birthday. Learner insurace is cheaper than first pased insurance. But bear in mind it'll rocket when you phone them after passing (assuming it doesn't take you a year).