Chris's 1990 Milano VT build thread

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
chrisrbower
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Chris's 1990 Milano VT build thread

Post by chrisrbower »

Right guys iv been on here for a while now and have never really started a build thread as of now so here goes....

I purchased my 1990 Honda Civic VT last november with the following modifications:

Skunk2 intake manifold
Mugen/jasma 4-2-1 manifold
Mocal cold air intake
Skunk2 test pipe
Jap import RS*R exhaust 3" exit
Exedy stage 1 clutch
AVO adjustable coilovers
Front and back upper struts (skunk2)
Rear lower strut brace (skunk2)
105000 miles

some pics for original advert:

After owning it for a month, i decided to give it a good clean:

My plans for the car were to improve performance slightly but mainly to focus on sorting the bodywork out and get it looking fresh so a friend of a friend offered to spray it for £300 if me and my mate carried out the prep work. So we started by going round the car and sorting everything out. The main thing on the car was sorting out the rust on the rear arch and the big dints on the bonnet.

chrisrbower
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by chrisrbower »

So after 2 hard days of prepping, off it went to my mates mate to get sprayed. Lets say he did an "OK" job and theres still bits that need finishing but at least we had got rid of all the rust/dints and i was starting to look 10x better.

I had also purchased some 15" white buddyclub P1s and got them wrapped in BF Goodrich 195/45/15 tyres so heres a few pics of were it was at.

chrisrbower
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by chrisrbower »

Id also purchased an OMP deep dish steering wheel with boss and a sparco gear knob so i put them in and the interior looked like this:

I also did a full oil and oil filter change as i didnt know when the last one was carried out.

Most of you will be aware i went for the white lip kit and bumsptrips which i have gone off now so i have been putting them all back to black. I also had a knock in the car so i aquired a back bumper.

The bits to finish on the car are as follows:

Swap all white bits back to black which i have done.

Also the rear bumper, spoiler and wing mirrors are in the bodyshop as we speak.

I have got rid of the red mesh at the front which was spoiling the front end.

Mesh off:

Sanded:

Masked:

Done!:

I also fitted the front lip back on after i had sprayed it black again, looks 1000x better now, just gotta spray the bumpstrip black too:

chrisrbower
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by chrisrbower »

I also had a problem with my brakes locking up making the car not driveable so upon inspection, i noticed the discs were warped so i got 2 new discs and replaced the pads:

Old:

New:

The rust on the n/s arch we had previously sorted came back so i took it to bodyshop and unfortunatly somewhere down its line, the full arch has been made up of filler as you can see:

So i have got the car booked into the bodyshop this wednesday for full new arch which will make the car mint now. Cant wait to see the results and ill keep you guys all updated.When i get it back, all there is to do is fit the black bits back on, OEM red tape, some other bits and bobs and a good detailing session.

hope you like!
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

nice start mate, looking good!

whats the exhaust like? ive not seen or heard one on an 4G before
chrisrbower
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by chrisrbower »

Cheers bud, and the exhaust is meant to be very good apparently, i havent seen one on another 4G yet but Tahir says theyre good too. Its quite raspy with the silencer in but iv been running it without since i did the 1/4 mile and it has a nice deep tone to it and very loud!
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

chrisrbower wrote:Cheers bud, and the exhaust is meant to be very good apparently, i havent seen one on another 4G yet but Tahir says theyre good too. Its quite raspy with the silencer in but iv been running it without since i did the 1/4 mile and it has a nice deep tone to it and very loud!
I have the same test pipe as you, but mine is very raspy/rattley at 2000rpm. Do you have any similar noises?

It's driving me mad. Only thing I can think of is, that it's 2.25" and my mani/cat-back system is 2"...
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Nice build.

RSR stuff is top quality :top:
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

Nice job mate 8)
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
chrisrbower
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by chrisrbower »

Well update as promised guys, havent had much time this weekend to get all the bits done on the civic but getting there, as long as its ready for Hull Motorshow ill be happy. Still in 2 minds wether or not i can get this on the road as the insurance kills me plus im meant to be saving for the move to NZ next year.

Anyway, sprayed all my bits from white to black minus one side skirt which i still need to spray and fit. Happy with the finish but just need to some red tape to finish it off.

Got my bits from bodyshop, well happy with them:

Today iv fitted the bottom lip kit and assembled the rear bumper, excuse the passenger side of the bumper hanging abit. having trouble aligning the twat up but you get the idea of what my cars gonna look like, hope you all like it! Also some of you may or may not know i had a new rear arch fitted and sprayed so theres no rot anymore Also dewipered the boot to clean the rear end up abit.

Just gotta finish putting the other trim bits on now, and spray bumpstrips on bumpers black, plus other small bits and bobs.

I hope you all like it and comments welcome
firemansam38
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by firemansam38 »

looks very tidy mate

san diego, in german roughly translates to, a whales vagina.
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

Love it mate! Nice work. The trims look alot better in black. Lovely VT. :top:
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

looking fresh man, keep it coming 8)
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

Top work!
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

That is RED 8)
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport