Just another EE9 track car...

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Rich4thGen
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Just another EE9 track car...

Post by Rich4thGen »

Right, had my vt for 2 weeks now so its time to get started on a few bits. Decided today to give the rocker cover a clean and buff. Currently skint as I've just bought it - got to wait for payday until I can start getting the exhaust done etc.. So for now its the quick wins - started with the flaky and quite mank rocker cover - check pics below. Quite chuffed with the result of a few hours labour! :D

Am not sure now whether to leave it as brushed aluminium or paint it - will be fitting an induction kit soon so maybe fine to leave as is?

Engine bay before:

Rocker cover before:

After a bit:

Looks a bit better methinks:

Last edited by Rich4thGen on Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Paint the rocker cover dude.

Get a panel filter for your oem airbox, take the resonator out and fit a cold air feed to it.

Gut your catylic convertor for a few more hp!

Cheap pikey mods but work a treat.

Tahir
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Rich4thGen

Post by Rich4thGen »

Tahir wrote:Paint the rocker cover dude.

Get a panel filter for your oem airbox, take the resonator out and fit a cold air feed to it.

Gut your catylic convertor for a few more hp!

Cheap pikey mods but work a treat.

Tahir
Thanks Tahir, the induction will be done in a couple of weeks and I'll be getting a decat pipe when I get my exhaust done very soon.

What colour should I paint it? I was thinking of just painting the cover in the middle black
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Do it as it was before, looks best me thinks unless you have a super bling bling engine bay then you can go funky like Ian.

I would leave it black, thats the oem wrinkle black too. Looks perfect me thinks.

Rich4thGen

Post by Rich4thGen »

that looks mint, think you've persuaded me :shock:
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

OEM FTW :twisted:

Thats original paint from Honda :wink:
Optimus
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by Optimus »

Rich4thGen wrote: What colour should I paint it? I was thinking of just painting the cover in the middle black
Yeah deffo paint the cover, i toyed with doing mine red (as my VT is red like yours), then bought black wrinkle paint for it and was going to do the plug cover in red, then at the last minute changed my mind and did it gunmetal with aluminium paint plug cover :

clicky

See Marc_VT's "rocker cover for sale" threads for some more original ideas!
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

For the induction kit, get either an AEM V2 cold air intake (they are very good) or keep the stock one with the mods Tahir described. Or if you are feeling like spending a bit more then go for a M&M Honda one (£260 but really really good, Carbon Fibre too!)

Bassically if you want a great sound go for the V2 if you want just a bit of gain go for the Stock box and if you are rich go for the M&M.

I quite like brushed aluminium but I don't think it goes with the red. I think Tahirs Cover goes perfectly with his bay.
Rich4thGen

Post by Rich4thGen »

Tahir wrote: Get a panel filter for your oem airbox, take the resonator out and fit a cold air feed to it.
is there a pic of this so i can clarify what you mean? (sorry newb). I was just going to get a full induction kit and put it on as I've done that before - never heard of doing this before! Will it create any more noise?
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

This is what I have in my siR, they are supposed to be the best. It replaces your standard paper filter. Under your airbox you have another plastic box, its there to quieten things down lol.

You remove that, its easier done by taking front bumper off, you replace it with a cold airfeed direct to the airfilter box, use some dryer pipe found at all good plumbing stores. Works a lot better than open cone type filters.

Tahir
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Rich4thGen wrote:Is there a pic of this so i can clarify what you mean? (sorry newb). I was just going to get a full induction kit and put it on as I've done that before - never heard of doing this before! Will it create any more noise?
Not really, if you want more noise go for an open cone type, you can't beat them for noise, it sounds awesome.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

The question is, do you want power or do you want noise?
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

Tahir wrote:Image

This is what I have in my siR, they are supposed to be the best. It replaces your standard paper filter. Under your airbox you have another plastic box, its there to quieten things down lol.

You remove that, its easier done by taking front bumper off, you replace it with a cold airfeed direct to the airfilter box, use some dryer pipe found at all good plumbing stores. Works a lot better than open cone type filters.

Tahir

As Tahir said.

It's a bit ghetto but pound for pound it works.
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

I could really do with an air intake on my bumper, but I can't bring myself to cut a hole in my bumper and have a duct in it, it shows up quite a lot against the red.
Rich4thGen

Post by Rich4thGen »

cheers guys, and cheers for the pics. I have to say I like the cold air intake at the front - looks mean. Its got me thinking for sure...
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy