my GL, 1st car, 1st project!

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

yeah tis low as it can go! D2's all the way down with the 2 lock rings removed, same at front i think, apart from theres still 1 lockring on the front! low likeee lol
Jared
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Jared »

Oldskool J-EDM wrote:
widowmaker wrote:Very interested in how you get on with the bike carbs, this is something close to my heart 8)
x2 8)

It's looking very low!....what shocks are you running?
i thinks hes runnig D2s m8 with a rung taken out :) ultimate slamage :lol:
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

lol yeah d2s...TWO lock rings off, its just sat on the spring seat 8) annywayysss

bike carbs! as said b4 had a wee bitty trouble, its kl now tho running mint! needs re-jetted and some decent filters as its running a ''ghettoo'' airbox with only one trumpet at the top to compensate for the jetting situation, too much air or what not, however, thus will be sorted in time! got a half sized alloy rad for it too as my old 1 is fucked the fins are flaking off...get pics soon

here we go then...

Last edited by conors on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

P.S. cheers maw fur a shot 'o yer tights! hehehe
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

How does it go ?

Also get that cast iron manifold off there now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

goes good man!! night and day differance like. aye well, you paying for a new 4-2-1 bud? lol lookin to get one, just need cash...also need a new head unit, some speakers, new exhaust, new seats....etcc
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

YES! about time, get it dynoed!

110bhp i see right there!
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
roncat
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by roncat »

conor do you ride BMX?

do you have your old front shocks and rear LCA's for sale as i need them to get a civic shell from edinburgh and would be a good help.

thanks.

Ronnie.
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

roncat wrote:conor do you ride BMX?

do you have your old front shocks and rear LCA's for sale as i need them to get a civic shell from edinburgh and would be a good help.

thanks.

Ronnie.

nah i dont, and sorry mate! aint got feck all now, did have my shocks but gave them to a mate and sold the lca's, otherwise i would have!
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

aint updated in a while, got MOT on wed :shock: hope it goes ok. and after that...carbs re-jetted K&N filters for them, stainless mani, new wheels and bad boy exhaust...at the start of the year!....hopefully....get some pics soon. piece **peace**!
ash d-series
**Trader**

Post by ash d-series »

I love the look of it, looks meen 8)
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

right...well...

MOT yesterday, EPIC FAIL!! :( kinda knew it would but i only thought for the hand brake...turns out theres a wee bit more lol..like emmisions are double the legal requirement thanks to those bike carbs! but going to see some1 tonight and hopefully get it sorted, along with tackling the list of stuff thats not right. only problem is im pretty skint!!! bad times like!
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

swap carbs?! NOOOOOOOO...... haha not after all the hassle f**k that!

dropped it off just there to the man that done the carbs, has a few tricks up his sleeve to get it thru mot, might get it e-jetted anyways so i can get some k&n's on it! brake lines are corroded where they come out the arch, mint inside, so they are going to need replaced. beam on headlights need adjusted, no biggie. fog/reverse lamps need switched sides, again no big deal. its maed out on the test sheet that theres alot of big jobs, but once you narrow them down abit its barely anything, washer jets not giving out enough fluid :? empty washer bottle. think the garage were just bein wankers tbh!

i'll keep you's posted. was hoping to spend a good bit of cash on her, end of this year start of next, just have to see how it goes. pretty bad time of year to be spending! what with xmas etc. wee bit pissed off bit just have to go with it!!

cheers
conors
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by conors »

orite lads! FINALLY got the GL back, managed to get her thru the mot, unfortunetly had alot to sort, head gasket had gone brakelines etc cummin up for 94k now so, anyways im abit lighter money wise! not got any 'updates' as such just nice to have the car back! Heads been skimmed abit and got some head work carried out when the head was off, sounds nice now and runs as it should have. sweet.

another thing i needed and finally purchased:

going to need a new vr6 lip, even at the height its at a chunk of snow ripped thru it, nightmare! as u can see from the snow here, aint much gonna be happening for a while!

general shnow picture, quite bad here!
phill2191
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by phill2191 »

ery nice car got one the same colour . what all you get done to head while was off? how much you skim it by ?