the GL bring on the carbon fibre!!

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
thenapster
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Re: the GL

Post by thenapster »

joe f wrote:
jonny f wrote:Hope they realise the srb spoiler doesn't fit to great!
This.

So the fibreworx spoiler is gonna be a rep of a rep?
yea :L

he wasnt happy with the standard of the wing so will be fiddling with it to improve the fit, has great attention to detail, cant wait to get my carbon one back (Y)
joe f
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by joe f »

Good good :)

My srb wing is S*!t.
five
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by five »

thenapster wrote:haha ok lil, well fibreworx just came over to get the wing, so il let you know when i get it back. and then they will have carbon fibre ones soon. they will also be making carbon/fibreglass sunroof bungs and panels when i get round to remove mine for a mold
Okies! If it fits as badly as everyone is saying, I might give it a miss and just fab my own out of alu, at least it'll be one off then :)
Current 4Gs:
'91 EF2 Formula, '91 EF2 S-Limited, '91 EC9, '91 EC9

Previous 4Gs:
'91 EC9, '91 EC9, '89 EC9, '91 ED2, '91 ED7

:civic:
joe f

Post by joe f »

five wrote:
thenapster wrote:haha ok lil, well fibreworx just came over to get the wing, so il let you know when i get it back. and then they will have carbon fibre ones soon. they will also be making carbon/fibreglass sunroof bungs and panels when i get round to remove mine for a mold
Okies! If it fits as badly as everyone is saying, I might give it a miss and just fab my own out of alu, at least it'll be one off then :)
Ha, I was gonna do that!
five
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by five »

From what I can see, I reckon it would be fairly easy, especially with all the right tooling. I'll have a look today :D
Current 4Gs:
'91 EF2 Formula, '91 EF2 S-Limited, '91 EC9, '91 EC9

Previous 4Gs:
'91 EC9, '91 EC9, '89 EC9, '91 ED2, '91 ED7

:civic:
thenapster
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by thenapster »

joe f wrote:Good good :)

My srb wing is S*!t.
mine doesnt fit too bad, just needs a little bit of playing with to get it 100% perfect. looks like you had the apprentice making yours :not top:
Daniel san
**Trader**

Post by Daniel san »

Guys, if there is a problem with your wing, please tell us!

Aside from Joe, not 1 single bit of feedback has reached me to say there are any problems..... we've sold over 50 now!

From images Joe sent me, I couldn't tell that it needed anything other than positioning correctly and maybe some trimming, which is standard stuff for anything frp as I'm sure you're all aware. Difficult to tell via images - and the wing is an exact copy of the Chargespeed one, aside from the CS one being a bit more glossy in finish as they have a team that refinish everything before shipping.

They all get made by one man, with one mould, using the same materials etc. After every 5 are pulled from the mould, it's checked and polished again to ensure a good finish is maintained. They all come out the same. Although we have had a HUGE amount of orders for them, our instructions were and always are to never pull from the mould until it's cured. It means it's not the fastest process, but it's the only way to make sure none come out warped etc

If anyone is local to us, (Grays, Essex) and wants to pop down so we can offer a wing up to the car and check it together, please let me know and we'll arrange a time that suits and make sure we get a wing saved to do so.
mattj
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by mattj »

Without getting into a mass debate (hehe) it must be a very poor fit for Joe to be that unhappy with it, you dont see him complaining about many things.
jonny f

Post by jonny f »

To be fair i looked at it and it didn't seem to bad. I could clearly see what joe was saying though. The bits at the back were never going to sit flush without a large amount of trimming.
joe f

Post by joe f »

You didn't see it on the car though!

Dad did, even he said it was crap.
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

I think a product review is needed.
Most copied stuff needs a little fettling.
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
thenapster
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by thenapster »

Another small update. Sunroof has been removed and is off to fibreworx later this week to be used as a mold for sunroof bungs and panels
thenapster
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by thenapster »

finally got some half decent pictures of the gl now, my local car club had a small bbq meet at the local pub (Y)
joe f

Post by joe f »

Bit of reverse rake, other than that it's very cool :top:
thenapster
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by thenapster »

trust me, theres no rr, i would be sat in a corner crying if there was... some photos it does look like it but its sat level