DA9

Other projects here! Automotive or Non Automotive!
mattj
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Re: DA9

Post by mattj »

Marc_EE9 wrote:.. and handles brilliantly. Feels like a cross between a CRX and DC2 Integra...
They're excellent arent they? I've never been in a car that can change direction like this does, without an LSD. It's very nearly on par with my dc2.

Seeing as you've found a scrap yard with parts in, and i've been trying since i got the car without success, if I were to pay you handsomely, while you are there would you find me a set of standard seat rails, and a coin tray?

I know it's a cheeky request, but shy kids..
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

seat rails no problem, coin tray no chance. mines fucked so im looking for one too and they are never there :(

I may be back for three weeks in I October so could bring parts back then.
mattj

Post by mattj »

Marc_EE9 wrote:seat rails no problem, coin tray no chance. mines fucked so im looking for one too and they are never there :(

I may be back for three weeks in I October so could bring parts back then.
That would be cool, much appreciated mate 8)

Yeah, mine doesn't have a coin tray lol.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Just realised I haven't updated this since I left the farm.

Nothings changed. :lol:
Apart from a thorough clean! It was A LOT dirtier than this at one point, but it rained a lot etc, so half of it washed off.

Here's a quick shot I took mid-polishing. It's all washed with Meguiars, and the right side has been clay-barred, polished and sealed.

Tucked up in it's new home. It does share with a Honda F4i, and a Lexus ES300.

I've got some plans for it when I get back...
- Upper strut braces
- 30mm King lowering springs
- New rear sticker
- New CV joint
- Maybe get the bonnet re-sprayed

And I really need to sort out the wiring for the stereo etc, as at the moment I have no interior lights and the clock resets to 01:00 everytime the door opens, which is getting anoying.
So anyone whos good with wiring can give me some tips, that would be much appreciated, as I need to re-attach the headunit plug to the OE harness.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Nothing too exciting, just went to the wreckers today and got a few bits. Two headlight bulbs, set of rear JDM mats, piece of black trim and coin pocket it sits in, and 14 Honda mudflaps. :D

I did however for the first time ever curb one of my alloys, which is a HORRIBLE feeling.

Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

I thought it'd been a while, so I'll do a little update.

So my dizzy was fucking up, so I bought from one from the US which arrived within 10 days which was nice, looks and feels excellent quality and was only $125AUD delivered (~£70). Looks just like an OE one.
I also got round to sorting out my stereo wiring (after a year!). I just tried to match all the wires up and managed to do it but only one speaker was working. I managed to find a colour coded diagram online and was easy enough. I went down the wreckers and got some aftermarket speakers out of a Concerto, which are pretty good and were only $5 each (£3). Two Clarion's, two random make (as I had none at all, I sold them last year as it was a decent Fusion setup and was low on cash).
All wired up.... CD player doesn't work. :/ Managed to pick up an FM transmitter anyway as it doesn't play MP3 CD's, and all is good.

So my car was all good again, I gave it a thorough wash and wax, checked the oil, coolant, tyres.... and drove the Great Ocean Road for two days.

WOW! Seriously!!!!!!!! You have no idea how much I wanted to the Speedboat on it, some of the corners and chicanes are just amazing, and the scenery is mind blowing!! If your on my facebook you'd of seen the photos no doubt.

I didn't get many pictures, only when I stopped places, but I will be doing it again soon and will stop at more places to get more shots of the road. You guys would fucking love it! BUT not if you have very hard or low suspension. Half of it's been resurfaced and it's sweet, but some parts are pretty choppy and bump.

l got my first ever speeding ticket too... $289! 73 in a 60. :(
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Sold. :(

Quite sad about it, had so many good times in such a short space, lots of memories.... :cry: