Project Hush - Bike carb mission !

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
rallyeluke
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Re: Project hush - New wheels !

Post by rallyeluke »

louckie wrote:Lucas ^^^^ :O i dunno what there like on a 1.6-16 but i know there easy as eating pie on a D series single cam :)

your quite mechanicly minded sure u'll find it easy ;) :P sorry to spam Walsh you got any video's of u and the bisi cam ! There rare as feck and ££££
Yeah I do it for a living so I should be lol :top:
D16a9 Powered dream machine!

No greater fun then backing off the throttle at 7400rpm and spraying fire out the exhaust ;)
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

rallyeluke wrote:are the tappets easy to do? Not adjusted any since my old 106 rallye in 2003 (and they were balls to do!) My car is a 1616 by the way.

Dash Mat winner!
As Loukie says man, there not hard to do. Was a bit confusing the first time as im used to doing 8valves. Endless amounts of Endura E engined Ka's and fiesta my boss keeps buying :roll: :lol:

The only difficultly with them is you could really do to have an extra hand its a little tricky due to needing a spanner, screw driver and a feeler gauge. But you can buy a tool specifically for it but i cant for the life of me remember what its called now :oops: Shouldn't be any harder on a 1616 as they have the same amount of valves.
louckie wrote:Lucas ^^^^ :O i dunno what there like on a 1.6-16 but i know there easy as eating pie on a D series single cam :)

your quite mechanicly minded sure u'll find it easy ;) :P sorry to spam Walsh you got any video's of u and the bisi cam ! There rare as feck and ££££
:lol: You call that spam !? You aint trying hard enough :P Everyone knows my threads are more like chat rooms anyway :OD

I haven't really no only one of me and Giz going round cadwell last time, but by the sound sof it Giz will be video'ing the antics again D series battle y0 ! Vtec or no Vtec :drivegear:

It sounds pretty good i need to adjust the cam timing really but abit worried about doing so, as its running pretty well at the well at the minute. Does really need a good tune up though so might have go next week. Yeah idle is a little lumpy, steve at the dyno day adjusted the idle fueling and that did smooth it out quite nicely. Sit at about 1k and lumps a little down to 800 and back up
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
louckie
4GUK Donator

Post by louckie »

Yeah walshhh i'll try spam harder lol i find the feelers with the tweaked ( angled ends are the nuts =) )

who installed your cam Walsh? i know your meant to use a micrometer on the top of the piston to get it dead on tdc and then workout the angle in which the lobes are going to open and close x + y valves in degree's ect :/ really want to do itmyself just to know :)

Yeah get a go pro hd on the situation a few exhuast cam shots :P dial shots

eating S*!t shot lol ;) hahahah your on carbs arnt you ? get a colour tune ?

Ben.
In the league of ultimate procs
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Yeah the ones wiit the angled ends are far better, its abit fiddly using a normal gauge on the inlet valves as tehre isn't much room. Been meaning to get some from teh Snap-on van for ages keep forgetting :roll:

I dont know who instaled it to be honest :lol: The cam was already in the car when i bought it from Ed on here. I would imagine he got Peter to fit it, (cant think of his user name now Oldskool something) Its not too hard a job swapping a cam in a SOHC D seriesjust takes time like anything.

:lol: :lol:

I dont think the filming budget stumps quite to that level its more ghetto fab, Iphone jammed in Giz's headrest :lol:

Yep on standard carbs drilled air box and mods with a K&N filter, few extra little tweaks coming soon though :wink:

I culd get really anal about tuning it but to be honest dude its my daily drive, so i dont want to spend loads on it. The Dx is my money pit :OD Definitely dont have enough cash for two money pits :shock:.....saying that i do get a raise in september :wink:
1990 Civic VT Daily
Titch93
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Titch93 »

I'm amused by the fact that the dx is the "money pit" yet is all messy looking - mismatched colours of everything. Yet the gl is the neat and tidy one :P you'd think it opposite ... but I guess appearance isn't as important for track car? Whereas you want the daily to be subtle ??
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Not a very big update bu the Gl now has Braided goodridge front brake lines as i bought new ones for the Dx and a mystery upgraded MC and servo anyone know what its from ? Looks like a Teg one but the brake pipe goes into the end of MC not the side :| Also frikking HUGE i cant fot my strit brace anymore :lol: But it certainly stops now :shock:

Old hoses

New hoses

1990 Civic VT Daily
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Re: Project hush - Upgraded brakes !

Post by walsh123 »

Right progress has been very slow on this due to admittedly me buying another 4g :oops:

So sadly this has been a little neglected it did become famous on "parked like a C*nt Hull" though :OD

Right basically my idiot neighbour drove into the front end of it :x crushing the front wing just taken me awile to get all the bits together for it.

Anyway HOPEFULLY will be in the paint shop next week looking fresh again...thats if the sprayer pulls his finger out anyway :roll:

I havent totally forgotten about the old girl though, i took it to college and tuned it up using gas analyser so my lumpy idle is no more, and running alot better. So at least thats one thing ticked off the list.

Ill get some pics of progress up as it all starts happening :OD
1990 Civic VT Daily
SuperDOHC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by SuperDOHC »

love this GL looks wicked

how has the braided lines helped braking and can i upgrade my mc servo thingy and if so whats a good upgrade i.e off what car is an upgrade from the standard GL one
ImageImageImage

White GL
Unique Edition
bryan
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by bryan »

8)
89' civic EF-3 Si
96' INTEGRA Xi-G 4 door
03' vauxhall corsa sxi 1.7 DTi
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

SuperDOHC wrote:love this GL looks wicked

how has the braided lines helped braking and can i upgrade my MC servo thingy and if so whats a good upgrade i.e off what car is an upgrade from the standard GL one
Not sure really as i upgraded the MC at the same time. But basically the braided lines get of the spongy feel to the pedal, or at least reduce it.

Well in reality you can fit pretty much what ever MC and servo you want, even a 53 Impreza one fits perfect just need custom brake lines. Had one lying around so gave it a try :lol:

But an upgrade for a GL could be almost anything, 1616 MC and servo, Vt MC servo, Prelude, MB6, etcetc
1990 Civic VT Daily
SuperDOHC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by SuperDOHC »

ahh right i get i dont wana go custom lines but just upgrade it as mine doesnt really wana stop on a good day and on a bad day there in stopping me :lol:

all honda ones basicaly

are they a straight swap over ?

will i have problems fitting strut like yours ?
ImageImageImage

White GL
Unique Edition
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Well pretty much yeah, some will need custom lines or just the originals reshaping, i just reshaped the old lines for the above cylinder.

1616 cylinder and servo would be a straight swap over, Vt cylinder fits pretty much straight on little tweaking to original lines.

You mean the strut brace ? Any 4g cylinder and servo will be fine, mine only fouls the brace as its like a stepped ITR one so is very thick and has a HUGE bottle on it, unlike 4g ones.
1990 Civic VT Daily
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

HARD PARKED LIKE A C**T!?!?!

how dare you
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

:lol: :lol:

Like a boss more like :OD

Im going to park both Gl's like it and maybe the mx-5 if i can get it and send them the pic asking for reward :lol:
1990 Civic VT Daily
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

Its just over a year since i sold her on the 5th November (i still cant speak her name :wink: )

I cant understand why of all the Honda's i have owned i dont miss her anywhere near as much as i thought i would :oops:

I wish i could read this full project page but feel it may be too much for me :drivegear:

GO OLD GL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drivegear:
No longer on the 'sucker list'