Gwengie's Civic is not like yours - Dodge Charger.

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

And leave it i shall :) I might MIGHT add a little "naca vent" where the air filter sits.

Been lazy this week, haven't done a thing hahaha! :lol:
Haha that bonnet looks awesome now mate, just get it painted up ill have another look through my box of bits for the pass side hinge bud im sure its somewhere
Thanks man and yeah that'll be amazing if you had one mate.
None on ebay or scrap yards near me atm.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Damn i knew i forgot summin i was at the garage today aswell, but im there tomorrow so ill look then i definately have one its just finding it :lol:
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

:lol: haha man! I have that all day long at work! Forgetting stuff :lol:

No rush though matey, i don't even have money till the end of the month haha. :D
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Haha ok mate well ill try and remember to look for you tomorrow, i might get distracted though as starting up the dx again i seem to forget everything when i start up a car after an engine change :lol:
1990 Civic VT Daily
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

painted with the only colour we had xD LOL !
Goig on tonight, FINALLY :OD

walsh.... engine chnage? o.O do tell :)
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

That great man 8) slightly colour to go on a white car though :lol: get some pics of it on !!

I had another look for the hinge and still cant find it :x i know its somewhere will keep looking for you

haha nothing insane like a B18 just a d15 but i have rebuilt the car from a bare shell
either page 12 twenty is when the resell starts bud :wink:

forum/viewtopic.php?t=15247
1990 Civic VT Daily
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

Yeah it looks well odd xD haha! So bright looking :) I'll get a picture tomorrow... Needs the gaps sorting at the moment.

:lol: Don't worry about the hinge man, i might just buy a new one from honda. Lot of money but least i know it's new! :)

Oou i'd like a B18 but i'm keeping my D16 [= i'm just gunna get some high comp pistons for it $300 off ebay. I'll have a look through your thread ;) When you hoping for it to be finished? :D
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Haha cool you still going for the jaccs paint job ?

:lol: that might be the best bet you could get one from me and have the same thing happen

d series engine are awesome cant beat them really if you blow one up its cheap to re-place blow a B and you'll prob end up selling whats left over.

High comp pistons would be cool you should see about getting the cams re-grinded by bisi aswell 8)

Hopefully this week it will be drive able just got to do the welding and brakes today and then go for a spin :D trade plates FTW !!! :twisted:

After that its just getting MOT VIC check etc :D
1990 Civic VT Daily
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

Yeah man, i think so! I keep thinking about yellow as it does look awesome but i ALWAYS go back to the Jaccs look and it wins me over every time :lol:

Awesome man, i like the look of your car :) tis sweet, you got any colour ideas? Haha, trade plates... fancy sending me a pair of them ;) ha!

I'm liking my D16, staying origianl is sooo much easier too :D
You know i haven't a clue what cams to go for yet, i think i was looking at the stage3/4/5 cams by bisi :lol: Who else makes cams for us? I saw some and can't remember what now xD loool!

Photo's crap! I'll get a better one tomorrow night [= ALSO gaps on the bonnet are WAY off at the moment! Anyone else's bonnet have trouble closing+locking shut?

Engines not running 100%
I have a leaky Rocker Cover Gasket, found oil all over my plugs today -_- I really don't want to spend money on this engine because it's being changed in a few months but it's running like crap right now, tapets sound like they're all off too..... But i'm un-sure until i have a play...
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Yellow does look awesome but i think you should go for the Jaccs paint job would look awesome 8)

Thanks man, iits getting there i just need rid of those fibreglass wings dont suppose youd want them add more insanity to your car :lol:

Hahahaha trade plates rule :twisted:

:shock: stage 3 up would be crazy man i think there more designed for turbo builds though :?

Ermm cam wise you can get them from motorsportworld.co.uk not sure what makes though.

Bonnet looks sick bud :twisted:

If your changing the engine for another D16 get headgasket set if you can find one cheap there always handy to have around.

Then you can use the rocker gasket from it for this D16
1990 Civic VT Daily
tobiasnugent
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by tobiasnugent »

the bonnets alot higher then i imagined :shock:
First Car: Mini City 1992 998cc (Sold)
Second Car: Honda Crx 1989 (Sold) =[
Third Car: Honda Cvic DX 1995 (Sold)
Fourth Car: Honda CIVIC ED7 1990 (Sold)
Fifth Car: Honda Civic EJ9 - D15b Swapped(Never Finished)
Current Cars: Honda Civic ED7 (DD)
Honda CRX EF7 (Project)

http://www.northeasthondas.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Not feeling that bonnet atm :(
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
gwenge
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by gwenge »

:lol: Haha, i realised it's not everyone's cup off tea. But i think once the cars finished and has all the paint on it, it will look good. It just sticks out like a sore thumb right now xD haha!
It's definatly bigger than i originally planned but this is custom car modification after all ;) I like it and i suppose that's all that counts :)

walsh.... Jaccs it is ;) It will stand our from the crowd and other than Mugen, it's so JDM :lol:
You don't like the wings aye? Nor do i, i must addmit. If i wanted any i would go wide arch :P :D

I think you can use stage 3 up for high compression race engines (i.e. what i want) The only thing i need to find is something i can drive on the road because most the time i'm going to be around 2-3000rpm and race cams would idle and run like S*!t at that sort of pace xD ha! :lol:

Yeah i've found Lings have the gasket set for about 30quid so i'll order this one at the end of the week and then probably get another new set for the new engine :)
I'll get a bonnet hinge from lings too :D haha!
James4g
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by James4g »

that bonnet is MASSIVE

different tho ill give u that
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

hah Jaccs will look great, the bonnet will look more at home then aswell i think

Nope the wings have to go just looking for a decent drivers side OEM one at the minute like finding a needle in a hay stack :(

:lol: Race engines and roads dont mix thats for sure

Thats a cheap gasket set 8)
1990 Civic VT Daily