A9 CVC - My EE9 2.0i-VT - Now with 243hp B20

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Glad it didnt do any harm and you nipped it in the bud.

These problems you get with 20 year old uk cars which tbh is why I ran off and bought an import.

Yours is one of the better/best uk ones though. :top:
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Nice Ian! I look forward to mine even more now! :D
What exactly needed modifying? The length at the manifold end?

The rear of your Civic looks spot on mate, clean and smoooooth! 8)
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Tahir wrote:Glad it didnt do any harm and you nipped it in the bud
Me too, Could have been dangerous with all that fuel leaking out, not to mention what it would cost in wasted fuel.

If it wasn't for the fact that I am always working on the car I might not have noticed.

These problems you get with 20 year old uk cars which tbh is why I ran off and bought an import.
True you can have these problems on uk motors, although there isn't any rust underneath mine so I wasn't expecting and area thats covered up to be rusty. I suppose air (salt air where I live) getting to it was enouth to rust it after nearly 19 years.

Yours is one of the better/best uk ones though. :top:
Thanks. :D :D :D

Marc_VT wrote:Nice Ian! I look forward to mine even more now! :D
What exactly needed modifying? The length at the manifold end?
Should be a good job, get it done. :)

I needed to change the flange on the end as the one fitted was way too small, also it didn't line up 100% at the manifold so I adjusted it there a bit too, it also was hitting the controll arm but I think thats as a result of us altering it at the manifold. I expected one or two things to be out a bit as he didn't have my car to work on and had a different manifold too.

The rear of your Civic looks spot on mate, clean and smoooooth! 8)
Thanks, I love it, I have to admit, I sometimes can just stop and stare at it like its a work of art sometimes. :oops: Worth the money I spent on it, but it looked cool stock aswell. :D
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:I want to hear her scream at 9000RPM 8) Or 9195 if I'm feeling Bad :lol:
b@stard!!! :lol:

are you planning on getting some different alloys at any point? prehaps something a bit lighter?
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Yes he is, some TE37's when he can find a decent priced set and he has money to splash on them. For now the Fat fives look perfect.

I bet you £10 thats his answer aswell.
Last edited by Tahir on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Tahir wrote:Yes he is
I hope thats not a reply to the first thing Marc said :lol:

Yeah, that exactly what I would have said, thanks T
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

:lol:
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

good choice 8)

white would look awesome!!
i think its the only colour wheels to have on a red car ;)
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Well, I'm glad I got a bash plate put on my manifold, it was needed the other night. :shock:

These arrived today: :)

With which I did this: :D

Not sure if I have gained any power, I think I might have lost a small bit of low end power, not sure if its gained any upper but judging by the way my wheels were spinning when I went into second gear I'd say I have.

I think its slightly quieter in normal driving but as soon as high cam comes on the noise gets crazy, way louder then before. :twisted:

I will be getting rid of that horrible OE fuel filter pretty soon, that will probably be my next update, other than that I have little exciting planned, I need to change a CV joint, fit my new Strut rod bushes, fit new rear discs and pads and give her a check over for MOT in December.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

So where is your filter sitting? where the resinator box was in the bumper?
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Nice update, the bash plate certainly worked. :shock:
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Marc_VT wrote:So where is your filter sitting? where the resinator box was in the bumper?
Yeah, where the box was, in the area behind the indicator. At the moment its only getting air from underneath but once I decide 100% its staying there I will be moulding a cold air feed in roughly the same place as yours is.

I had a serious amount of fun in her tonight, and have driven her enouth now to give my verdict on the setup, I think I am losing a slight bit of power at low revs/normal driving although not a great deal. Once vtec cam comes on I feel certain there is a power gain and there is definitly a torque gain beetween 7000 - 9200rpm not to mention the sound, its totally mad and a lot louder than before, its addictive. :D

Tahir wrote:Nice update, the bash plate certainly worked. :shock:
Thanks, the bash plate definitly did a good job, without it I would have a very flat maifold, I am actually surprised how deep some of the scrapes are, thats top quality ss and I couldn't even make it bend before it was fitted yet there are deep gouges out of it and even some of the TIG wled has been scrapped off. :shock:

I Love my Car :lol: :drivegear:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

I love my car
I bet you do, you've certainly been having some fun in it by the sound of it.

Do you think it could do with a final map after the new manifold, exhaust and intake setup.

Mine certainly did respond a lot more and the powerband felt a lot smoother.

I reckon a final dyno tune and mine will be running 100% spot on.

Then theres the bug of always wanting to make it better and get cams, valvetrain etc changed :oops:

Glad you like it, that exhaust was mission to bring home, it's been put to some good use now. 8)
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:
Marc_VT wrote:So where is your filter sitting? where the resinator box was in the bumper?
Yeah, where the box was, in the area behind the indicator. At the moment its only getting air from underneath but once I decide 100% its staying there I will be moulding a cold air feed in roughly the same place as yours is.

I had a serious amount of fun in her tonight, and have driven her enouth now to give my verdict on the setup, I think I am losing a slight bit of power at low revs/normal driving although not a great deal. Once vtec cam comes on I feel certain there is a power gain and there is definitly a torque gain beetween 7000 - 9200rpm not to mention the sound, its totally mad and a lot louder than before, its addictive. :D
aye, induction kits make vtec sound nuts!

im flushing my vent into my bumper at some point ;)

i dont like the idea of the filter being down that far though

you could make a box for you filter too with the vent going into it
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Tahir wrote:I bet you do, you've certainly been having some fun in it by the sound of it.
Thats is what they are for. :wink:

Do you think it could do with a final map after the new manifold, exhaust and intake setup.

Mine certainly did respond a lot more and the powerband felt a lot smoother.

I reckon a final dyno tune and mine will be running 100% spot on.
Well, its still running good but a re-tune would probably be benificial just to get everything spot on and iron out any flatter spots that it may have from changing parts. I could probably gain some more power aswell, its hard to say though, I'll need to get a wideband on at some point and see what my ratios are like.

The problem is finding someone over here who can map the original ECU. I might have to do it myself.

Then theres the bug of always wanting to make it better and get cams, valvetrain etc changed :oops:
As happy as I am with it at the moment I can't help thinking how nice a tuned B16B would be. BC spec 4's :twisted:

Glad you like it, that exhaust was mission to bring home, it's been put to some good use now. 8)
Thanks for your troubles, the exhaust is brilliant, I love as do all my passengers, one last night said it sounded like a supercar. :lol:

Marc_VT wrote:I dont like the idea of the filter being down that far though
Why not? its not like I'd ever take my car through anything other than a small puddle.

you could make a box for you filter too with the vent going into it
Thats not a bad idea, although I can't see much benifit from it as its sort of in a box as it is.

I know I need a vent in my bumper but I don't know if I have the balls to do it. :lol: :oops: