A9 CVC - My EE9 2.0i-VT - Now with 243hp B20

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

pollard1990civic wrote:i like that, should improve handling loads.
where do people buy there car parts from in england?
everywhere i find is usa :(
forum members/traders, ebay... parts get handed round in the world of 4G/CRX's imo

depends what your after really. i use motorsportworld regulary, or needforspeed.co.uk

funkypower, sumo power, tokyoexpress for jap stuff, but its more expensive
WELLZ
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by WELLZ »

Nice updates with the polishing! :D

Beaks bar looks good, althought ive heard its preety pointless. Just looks bling! 8)
'90 B16B ED7! - SOLD :(
'96 Subaru Impreza WRX V-Limited
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

WELLZ wrote:althought ive heard its preety pointless. Just looks bling! 8)
rear lower strut bars?
Dan
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by Dan »

depends what you read tbh :o

EF's rear lower subframes are weak compared to EG/DC's - Look what happened to David's B20 :shock:

On an EF - I'd say any power increase over 170ish requires a mod to the rear sub-frame - how far you take this is up to you, but for me running a B20 I will have the ASR brace and a tie bar :)

I am a bit of brand whore though :lol:

Looking good Ian 8)
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

pollard1990civic wrote:Where do people buy there car parts from in england? Everywhere i find is usa :(
Shop around, I get some stuff from USA, some from Japan and some from UK based Jap shops like Tokyo Express and Funky Power.

WELLZ wrote:Nice updates with the polishing! :D
Thanks

Beaks bar looks good, althought ive heard its preety pointless. Just looks bling! 8)
I hope not, I only bought it as you are not meant to run a Rear upper brace without a lower one. I can't see why it wouldn't work, it will stiffen up the chassis and prevent tearing too.

Dan wrote:On an EF - I'd say any power increase over 170ish requires a mod to the rear sub-frame - how far you take this is up to you, but for me running a B20 I will have the ASR brace and a tie bar :)
You can't be too carefull, My car gets some abuse on roundabouts late at night, I like to hear them tires screeech So I want to make sure its safe.

Looking good Ian 8)

Thanks.

Hopefully will have an other update soonish.
WELLZ
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by WELLZ »

Im just going on what ive read on other forums.

They're not meant to be as strong as bars which directly attatch to the LCA bolts. Where as the beaks bar has the stupid bracket in between!

However, i would get one just for the looks! Pimpin'! 8) Only reason why i didnt on mine, is because it would never be seen!
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

WELLZ wrote:Im just going on what ive read on other forums.

They're not meant to be as strong as bars which directly attatch to the LCA bolts. Where as the beaks bar has the stupid bracket in between!
You can't get ones that attach directly to the LCA bolts for the EF unless you remove the Anti-roll bar. Thats why I got this one, I thought its design better than the others as once its all tightened up its solid whereas all the others available have some kind of joint which would allow a certain amount of movement.

However, i would get one just for the looks! Pimpin'! 8) Only reason why i didnt on mine, is because it would never be seen!
Definitly the coolest looking one, but it won't be seen on mine either.
WELLZ
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by WELLZ »

EE9 CVC wrote:
WELLZ wrote:Im just going on what ive read on other forums.

You can't get ones that attach directly to the LCA bolts for the EF unless you remove the Anti-roll bar. Thats why I got this one, I thought its design better than the others as once its all tightened up its solid whereas all the others available have some kind of joint which would allow a certain amount of movement.

Definitly the coolest looking one, but it won't be seen on mine either.
I got mine on with the anti-roll bar easy. :?

All im saying is, you have a big chunky square tube design, but its mounted with thin brackets which actually take all of the stress.

Maybe im wrong!
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

All im saying is, you have a big chunky square tube design, but its mounted with thin brackets which actually take all of the stress.
WELLZ wrote:I got mine on with the anti-roll bar easy. :?
The only reason I didn't get a solid bar was the website said it didn't fit with an anti-roll bar.

If you are using the same one that is on page 26 of your build up then thats not what I thought you meant when you said solid bar, it has brackets which will allow a small amount of flex, IMO the beaks design is better, the brackets are rather strong on it and once tighened they won't move.
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

Dan wrote:depends what you read tbh :o

EF's rear lower subframes are weak compared to EG/DC's - Look what happened to David's B20 :shock:

On an EF - I'd say any power increase over 170ish requires a mod to the rear sub-frame - how far you take this is up to you, but for me running a B20 I will have the ASR brace and a tie bar :)

I am a bit of brand whore though :lol:

Looking good Ian 8)
PFfffff, 1" Box section do me nicely :P

(Ill paint it cusco blue, Brand Whore FTW)
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
WELLZ
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by WELLZ »

Arh right ok. Hope you like it anyway!
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Good work, update expected in 2-3 days I expect :wink:
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Hopefully :top:

I really hope the 4-1 doesn't hang too low, I will attempt to test fit it this week if I get a chance.
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Good News

The new manifold fits, and it actually fits with more room than the current one, so no need to attack my crossmember again. :) I've worked out where to put the o2 sensors so I'll get them fitted tomorrow, only problem I will have is ground clearance :x I will be getting a ss plate welded over the bottom.

Ground Clearance

I also fitted my Beaks Bar today:

Got some Heatwrap for the manifold:

Aswell as these for the Traction Rods:

Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Nice updates recently Ian.

Beaks bar FTW!
I had an ebay one that fitted with ARB and a Tenzo-R one (i think adam has one of them now). but they can sit very close.
do you have a front lower strut bar?

Manifold looks good. loads of ground clearance!!!! :lol: