Adam's 3G GT! Update - "30/06/2010"

Topics related to 3G and earlier
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Wow first read of this :) love it! good work Adam.

So pleased I am not the only one who rings Si for step by step instructions on how to do things :lol:
EDIT *Melbourne Blue Shuttle Crew
Superior Blue Shuttle Crew
EE17 Superior Shuttle
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

Craig G wrote:Wow first read of this :) love it! good work Adam.

So pleased I am not the only one who rings Si for step by step instructions on how to do things :lol:

I do too :oops:
No longer on the 'sucker list'
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

widowmaker wrote:
Craig G wrote:Wow first read of this :) love it! good work Adam.

Si loves it, he will make his number premium rate soon though ha ha
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

cryz2 wrote:
Craig G wrote:
widowmaker wrote:

Si loves it, he will make his number premium rate soon though ha ha
HAHAHAHAH PMSL oh did i not tell you it is already :wink:

Worth every penny couldn't get by without my directline to you. I'm useless at things on my own. James is getting all the grief at the moment whe I am working on the Shuttle bus so you are safe for now ;)
EE17 Superior Shuttle
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

He is such a decent bloke he calls me back 8)
No longer on the 'sucker list'
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Know more than you... really? Never, Civic Guru Si.

Glad the forum works on all levels, I always get these proud moments when I come on here! :roll:
EE17 Superior Shuttle
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

ball2uall wrote:nice work, i'd love one of these, how do they drive compared to a 4g ?
Very well.
I've had a GT and a 1.5S as well as having driven Nick's B20'd one back in the day.

The main problem is finding bits.
Second hand stuff is hard to find.
You need to get creative on suspension for example. I think KYB stopped making shocks for them but they were mega cheap when they did do.
Lots of bits in the USA for them. Top adjust camber kits for front suspension. Lots of cars have that now.
You could get some old struts and start matching them against other cars for similar length. Need to grab a catalogue from a motor factors and start reading.

I know with the 2g Civic there are other cars with similar struts. Cannot remember if 3g struts fit into a casing (like my astra) or are a single body which bolts to the hub.

I've seen a good mod on the 2g using a Suzuki?? strust with a bottom bolt hole, cutting down the non-rebuildable strut and fitting it into it.
Adam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Adam »

nominous wrote:
ball2uall wrote:nice work, i'd love one of these, how do they drive compared to a 4g ?
Very well.
I've had a GT and a 1.5S as well as having driven Nick's B20'd one back in the day.

The main problem is finding bits.
Second hand stuff is hard to find.
You need to get creative on suspension for example. I think KYB stopped making shocks for them but they were mega cheap when they did do.
Lots of bits in the USA for them. Top adjust camber kits for front suspension. Lots of cars have that now.
You could get some old struts and start matching them against other cars for similar length. Need to grab a catalogue from a motor factors and start reading.

I know with the 2g Civic there are other cars with similar struts. Cannot remember if 3g struts fit into a casing (like my astra) or are a single body which bolts to the hub.

I've seen a good mod on the 2g using a Suzuki?? strust with a bottom bolt hole, cutting down the non-rebuildable strut and fitting it into it.
Very true Dave, however for once everything seems to have fallen in place for me. Louis was breaking a GT at the perfect time, and i've managed to get the niggly bits done which is what I thought I would struggle with.

As for suspension, it is an odd setup indeed but there is a vast amount of knowledge on RedPepperRacing, and I'm now looking towards fitting 4G coilys on the back, as per this post:

http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/i ... =38438&hl=

Just getting a drawing together for the top mounts etc for a mate to knock up.

There is also another guy on there who is running a B series turbo 3G at 454bhp and runs 1/4's in 10.7 seconds. He is running 4G shocks on the rear without using different top mounts and claims to have had no problems.
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

What about the fronts ?
Adam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Adam »

nominous wrote:What about the fronts ?
From what I remember I think they are a solid casing like you said that bolts to the hub and torsion bar.

Front is definitely trickier, but I have seen a few kits about from the states. Will try and dig the links out.

Also Tein made a Medieval-Pro Coilover kit for them too which is still available but mega money.
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Yeah, just been reading about that. $1200 !!
I need to do something similar with struts.
The 1g/2g civic forum they are all on about JDM stuff for gettting bits from but then a lot of euro stuff is strut as well which they wont be aware of. There is likely something similar enough.

Don't suppose you need ant speedo clusters? I've got a selection of 1g crx/3g civic here :lol:
Adam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Adam »

Sounds like a similar story to the 3g stuff. They all seem to be on about using suspension and brakes from 88 integras, as if there are hundreds about!

I think the cluster on the 3G is one of the few things that is still ok :lol: Touch Wood :oops: Thanks for the offer though!
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-84 ... ccessories
Honda 84-87 85 86 Civic CRX Tokico HP Shocks Struts Set

Have you had a look at these?
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
Louis
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Louis »

Adam,

I've heard a few horror storys on RPR about using 4G shocks at the front. Although your right about C8V6C he seems to have had no problems.

Im going to be running Blue Toks all round, with the rear running on coilover adapters much like C8V6C. His are cheap ebay ones, they fitted straight on.

If they put up with his sort of power and its worth a try for $20.00!

Honda Civic DX - D16a9 Conversion - 860kgs
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

wow, I forgot about this Adam!

great progress and work so far!

i'll have to pop by when i finally get to Ali's and Si's one weekend