Red Dx......Back to the drawing board....again -_-

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Maybe if you fancy being stuck under a rooflining in the back of the concerto :lol:

Haha yep it is very clean shell just the backs of the sills need alittle welding and thats it 8) the paint on it amazingly good aswell. Dont suppose you know what right off it is do you ? i cant rermember if it was cat C or cat D :lol:
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Finished off the front bumper and nearly finished making the JDM rear bumper, just painted it up to high light the imperfections so i can get rid of them.

Fitted some more of the front end Vt filler bar T-bar and Sir headlights
8) Also got all the wheels fitted but goig to remove the pass side one again as need to do some work on the tre. Jade did some pic whoring :lol:

Will update again later got my exhaust system back yesterday got a friend to weld it all up for me so no more leaking and exhaust putty :D And got a new bolt for the gearshifter as i lost the orignal one :oops: but after that the car can go back on its wheels for good :D :D :D
1990 Civic VT Daily
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

great stuff mate

but i must say, the gap for the plate on the rear bumper looks pretty small. OEM measures approx 14"

:oops:
Titch93
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Titch93 »

Marc_VT wrote:great stuff mate

but i must say, the gap for the plate on the rear bumper looks pretty small. OEM measures approx 14"

:oops:
That's what I thought when I saw it (when I actually took the pics :P ) but I didn't wanna say anything in case Ethan yelled at me :S
perfectionist
4GUK Donator

Post by perfectionist »

Just did a check for ya, it's a cat C, so will need a VIC.

Don't let that put you off tho, it only had a nudge on the front bumper.
I drove it home approx 200 miles on trade plates, so you can imagine how little the damage was :wink:
A person who wants everything to be perfect and demands the highest standards possible.

Friends call me Nas ;)
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

:lol: i know ill drill the holes out when i get the new carbs as ill be swapping over the bits :)

It is too small by about an inch but the plate will fit in by cutting down the edges a tad so its all good-ish :lol:

I thought it might have been, the VIC doesnt put me off its just annoying really but some guys at the local garage are gpoing to drive it for me to its MOT and VIC check so at least i dont have to get insured on it until i know its road legal 8)
1990 Civic VT Daily
James4g
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by James4g »

Really coming together now mate
Looks Sweet! 8)
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Bit more progress on the Dx. I got a set of new carbs from Adam as my old ones were setup really badly and would have made the car idle at 3000rpm which i didnt want to happen the first time i started it up :lol:
Hopefully ill be able to get all the wiring test fitted up and make sure everything works and the it starts, then i can fit all the interior and wire it up properly :D

New carbs fitted

Also painted up the inlet manifold before i fitted the new carbs

I wanted to fit standard front wings and i managed to get a passenger side front wing and a driver side front wingbut the drivers side one got bent in the post :cry: So i've given up on getting standard ones on the car for the time being as im running out of cash now.

But luckily i still had my old fiberglass ones lying around so ive started fitting those instead took me 2.5 hours to get just the passenger side wing on due to having to drill out all the holes etc :roll: Going to do the drivers side one tomorrow. They dont look too bad but as soon as i have the cash i'll get standard ones fitted on :)

Also a little mock up of what the front end will look like 8)

I also got quote of £150 from the local garage for spraying the front wings, bonnet and filler piece. Is that a reasonable amount ?
1990 Civic VT Daily
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Haha Nah ive been squirting tons of ant killer everywhere though :lol: i might have toinvest in a blow torch fry he lil feckers :lol:
1990 Civic VT Daily
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

There just the black ones thankfully so basically there just really annoying running all over the place there thousands of them :x
1990 Civic VT Daily
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

:lol: yeah if they were red ones id just get a new garage :lol:

Oh also if anyone removes there arch liners dont throw away the all clips like i did, there £1.10 each from Honda :shock:
1990 Civic VT Daily
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Got most of the wiring mock fitted up yesterday and did a little more today. So i now have all the lights working dash lights up and ignition works, So should hopefully be starting it very soon :wink:

What i mean by "mock fitted" :lol:

Also the front wings are fitted properly and i also filed out the holes for the side repeaters

I also lost my rocker cover earth wire :oops: so i made one up today after a short trip to Maplins 8)

Thats it for now, more very soon :D
1990 Civic VT Daily
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Yep remembered to take the phone with the cam that works :lol:

You must get really confused when ever i text you,how many numbers you got for me now :lol:
1990 Civic VT Daily
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

ITS ALIVVVVEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Had a #bit of a prooblem gettig it started at first then remembered the car has a diy immobiliser :oops: flicked it and it started up first time :D
Carbs are set very well too full choke it idles around 2000 and then choke in bang a 1000 with a slight adjustment :D :D

It overheated abit after about 20mins but think thats just because theres a fair bit of air in it so going to blead the the radiator again to get rid of air thats left.

I took a video but i cant find it in the files on my phone on the computer :x but ill get another one and try again 8)
1990 Civic VT Daily
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

great progress! get the ants drunk! i did it the other day poured some beer near them they were wobbling all over the shop in minutes! :twisted: