sedan take 2

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
ash d-series
**Trader**

Post by ash d-series »

The power difference is amazing, partially because i couldn't rev past 5000rpm with the auto box :lol:
Thanks, i'm thinking about keeping the 2 tone but changing the colours completley because the original paintwork is getting bit tatty
ash d-series
**Trader**

Post by ash d-series »

so first thing to do was to get rid of all the auto parts like the dials, pedal box and gear selectors.
I left the auto gear selector switch on park so that it would always start to save me pulling out all the wiring from behind the dash
and then the d16z1 went in
other than drilling 2 holes to bolt the stabilizer bar up nothing really needed to be modified to swap it to manual.
I used the original 1.4 carbs so that i could still have manual choke but put all the 1.6 carb internals into them.
also smoothed the ports on the intake manifold while i had it off
ash d-series
**Trader**

Post by ash d-series »

so couple more updates, the wing was looking pretty bad. All the paint had started to peel
So i reparayed it with a can, and it actually came out pretty good. Its is the the same colour, the paint is just wet in the pic
and then for the thing ive been looking forward to most.
A brake upgrade. So i used the standard gl hubs with 262mm discs and prelude vti calipers which can alsod be found on honda crv's and the accord coupe.
It recuired very little modification,the disc sits a little too far back so i used a 5mm wheel spacer to bring it forward a little although 3mm would probably be better. Some peaople grind down the caliper bracket to get it to fit properly but the spacer seemed like a better option.
There is very little clearance between the bottom of the pad and the disc so i ground a little bit off as it rubbed a little when braking hard.
I also used the 15/16 " master cylinder and the servo from the prelude, the servo is a tight fit but it does go in if you remove the fuse box and all the bolt holes line up perfectly.
I will do a full write up once my mate sends me all the pics.
Heres the difference in disc
differnce in calipers and pads
and then the brake setup all complete
The difference in braking is incredible
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

ash d-series wrote: So i used the standard gl hubs with 262mm discs
I have to say this is big news. 8) 8)
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
ash d-series
**Trader**

Re: sedan take 2

Post by ash d-series »

So as some of you already know my sedan got crashed into on sunday night. I was a bit p*ss*d off to say the least and was originally just going to sell it or break it but luckily i soon changed my mind and decided to have a go at repairing it myself.
So heres the damage
Luckily i found a hatchback at the scrapyard to salvage bits off so i set to repairing it.
This is what it looked like after an hour of drilling spot welds out
and then with the hatch fron on
managed to get the bonnet to fit today aswell, just got a bit of modifying to do with the lights to make them sit flush and then it can all go back together
Northern Hondas.
Regular meets and events in the north of england and southern Scotland.
http://www.facebook....21620604582622/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Bet that was fun playing in the snow. :lol:

Good work! :wink:
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

Glad to see your fixing it Ash. What happened to the old brown sedan that I sold you?
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

Good work ash :top:

Must have been cold doing that :shock:
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
ash d-series
**Trader**

Post by ash d-series »

efking wrote:Glad to see your fixing it Ash. What happened to the old brown sedan that I sold you?
I traded it for an eg a while back that turned out to have been written off and needed a vosa check. My own fault for not getting a hpi check i guess. Was the worse decision i ever made, would love to get it back.
It wasn't too bad, just wrapped up nice and warm. Gonna go sledging on the old bonnet tomorrow :lol:
Northern Hondas.
Regular meets and events in the north of england and southern Scotland.
http://www.facebook....21620604582622/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

dedication 8)

what brake pads and discs did you use? any part numbers?

good to see the car getting repaired hope all goes well
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

nice work Ash, good to you see your on it! 8)
merce
4GUK Donator

Post by merce »

ash d-series wrote:
efking wrote:Glad to see your fixing it Ash. What happened to the old brown sedan that I sold you?
I traded it for an eg a while back that turned out to have been written off and needed a vosa check. My own fault for not getting a hpi check i guess. Was the worse decision i ever made, would love to get it back.
It wasn't too bad, just wrapped up nice and warm. Gonna go sledging on the old bonnet tomorrow :lol:
We can race!

I have a damaged valver bonnet that I want to use as a sledge :D
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

merce wrote:
ash d-series wrote:
We can race!

I have a damaged valver bonnet that I want to use as a sledge :D
lol
careful lads, they can be lethal a few people died round here in january going into a fence, one got decapitated :shock:
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

Yea....that girl had no commonsense though...it was like a cliff face with a barbed wire fence at the bottom....what did she honestly think was going to happen? :roll:
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Oldskool J-EDM wrote:Yea....that girl had no commonsense though...it was like a cliff face with a barbed wire fence at the bottom....what did she honestly think was going to happen? :roll:
thats a different one I think. theres a park near the main shops where i live with 3 hills, one is pretty big and has a very thick short wooden fence at the bottom :(

or prehaps im getting two stories confused and mixing into one, lmfao! :lol: