Venting Some Steam....

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
Rich4thGen
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by Rich4thGen »

Craig G wrote:Inusurance is a con.
A very true statement
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Rich4thGen wrote:
Craig G wrote:Inusurance is a con.
A very true statement
Would be if I had've spelt it correctly.

I am just feeling like telling them to all stick it! Nobody is moving quick enough for my liking, if I had the money spare i'd do it all myself.
EDIT *Melbourne Blue Shuttle Crew
Superior Blue Shuttle Crew
EE17 Superior Shuttle
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Deal with his insurance company.
Tell them that you are happy to have an assessor over (after 5 of course else you'll have to bill them for the time off work, it's not your fault he crashed into you :idea: )

In the mean time, you'll be needing them to arrange a curtousy car for you as you need to go places and are not sure if the radiator is puntured etc.

You want the car to be back inthe condition it was in befor teh accident.
That's going to mean xyz and it will cost xyz.
Tell them.
If it's a low enough figure then they may well settle without sending out the assessor.

Sub 250 they'll probably pay out without issus cos his excess will be paying for it.
Rich4thGen

Post by Rich4thGen »

Craig G wrote:I am just feeling like telling them to all stick it! Nobody is moving quick enough for my liking, if I had the money spare i'd do it all myself.
I'd say chase them every minute of every day. Insurance companies are immensly slow at dealing with this kind of thing, my mate got hit in his rex in January and its only just been sorted. Took 8 months! Although, his claim did take longer as the rozzas had to get involved as the guy who hit my mate tried to do a runner....
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
morris
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by morris »

Nominous is definatly the man to be listening to in these situations. :top:
1990 ~ CRX EE8
1997 ~ ALMERA N15 P1
1991 ~ CRX EE8
Oldskool J-EDM
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by Oldskool J-EDM »

SO...sorry to hear about that Craig.....that suck's. As everyone has said..Davids advice is top as usual.

(was good meeting up with you the other week Morris 8) )
D14A1 EC9 GL
127WHP@6200rpm Bisimoto
4GUK-Resident-Pic-Whore! Image
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

I am now dealing with his insurer and I am awaiting for a bodyshop who I have chosen to come and quote on the work involved.

After speaking to the bloke on the phone he thinks it will be written off, I am getting pissed off with everyone saying this as it seems so wasteful! Next person to say it to me may get some verbal abuse!

The garage quoting said they'd come last night or this morning... I rang at 11:30 today and nobody who quotes jobs work on a Saturday :roll: This whole situation is starting to rerally get to me now... 3 Days in and Jack all has been done, now it's a bank holiday weekend so that'll be another 3 days gone. Still no hire car, still no sign of anything happening.

Car-less and getting annoyed with insurance companies. They're quick enough to take my money but when I want the car fixed they all run and f'in hide!
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

I am keeping this thread updated for my reference and for others future reference.

We have a bit of progress...finally!

Firstly - I have had Pattersons (my choice of auto repairer over. They've said it will be a complete loss but they are still quoting

Patterson's have put a hire car company in touch with me. they have been in touch and are sending a car tomorrow.

I have spoken to his insurance company and they have agreed to come to a cash settlement

I have told them that I am getting a hire car, they asked if my car is that badly damaged and can I not secure the bonnet with string and still use it! Seriously! String FFS!

I said no, I have three kids and if the bonnet flips up this would be a little bit of an irresponsible temporary repair.

His insurance are sending an assessor over tomorrow (between 9:00 and 17:00 GREAT!) and have said I can not have a hire car if I am going for a cash settlement, I said that seems unfair as the accident was not my fault and liabilty has been accepted by the other party.

I have since confirmed that I am in fact entitled to a hire car through the hire car company and that his insurance were trying it on!?!

I have also now ordered all the bits (bar the bonnet) off of a car being broken on ebay which is in Polar White with thanks to Chapman big credit for all your help mate!
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

I also want to say a big thanks to everyone else offering help with parts etc... I will at somepoint have a bonnet off of someone I just need to know where I stand with the insurance first before I spend any more time/money on sorting this out.
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Craig, I was right about that car. :(

They using it as a dog kennel and the bonnet is more bent than George Michael (no offence intended.)

IMO you are being too nice to them. Someone reversed into my brothers Range Rover Sport once and damaged one of the alloys, they were 22" Kahn flashy thingimijis worth £4k :shock: . They were also discontinued and the newer model of the alloys were £1k dearer, the guys insurance company tried it on but 2 weeks later he got a cheque through for £3800 and he got to keep the alloys too, the damaged alloy cost him £150 to repair :wink:

It's how you speak to them, no need to be aggressive but you have to be firm and stick to your word, dont take no for an answer.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Cheers for looking anyways Tahir.

I've just had the assessor over who had a quick scout around the car, checking tyre treads, vin number, mileage, asked price of the car when I purchased it usual stuff.

Apparently it will be a couple of days for him to write up his assessment, then a further 7 Days to agree a settlement and raise a cheque.

I have called the guys insurance company to let them know I have just had the assessment and that I AM having a hire car. I went through the conversation I had with one of their collegues about not being allowed a hire car when getting a cash settlement and he was "sorry to hear you were told that sir, we'd rather you used our hire car company as they will be a third of the price." I said, "Too late, my company are dropping it off today and sending you the bill. I would have happily accepted a hire car from yourselves if you had have offered yesterday instead of lying to me!"

The battle continues... :roll:
EE17 Superior Shuttle
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Craig G wrote:... and he was "sorry to hear you were told that sir, we'd rather you used our hire car company as they will be a third of the price." I said, "Too late, my company are dropping it off today and sending you the bill. I would have happily accepted a hire car from yourselves if you had have offered yesterday instead of lying to me!"
Love it :D
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

It's a joke seriously :lol:

I am slightly beggining to enjoy the challenge now.

Bring on their first offer of cash settlement... practising my sarcastic this means F'Off laugh :wink: ha ha ha!

hire car company want a £75 deposit - I've said no to that too! why should I be out of pocket in any way! i have a stag do to go on this weekend and need every penny to buy bits for the car.

Oh what fun.
EE17 Superior Shuttle