My Si Ef-3 h22a hatch build

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Re: My ec-8 h22a build Very pic heavy Motor + box out pg 9

Post by vtecmossy »

Few other changes i never mentioned in this i am ditching the dc5 recaro`s for some more retro recaro`s or simular fishnets or the likes i`m thinking also ditched the omp deep dish wheel in favour or something more retro possibly a nardi or a wooden wheel , thats all for now be a heap of updates if i buy the other h project :)
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

:lol: So as i said before i spotted an unfinished ef3 hatch with h22a lsd box fidanza fly some form of new puk clutch esp mounts traction bar and cable to hydro bracket ,

Came with set of brand new raxel drives for h22 ef and heap of other bits like r888`s all round half cage not yet welded in ef-9 seats front and back and what looks like 15 inch momo`s its a 91 so facelift front with missing indicater`s shell is fresh and rust free bar the front lower slam panel but easily sorted where it is,

Some pics while i work out what to do now as now have to work out whats for the road and whats for the track seems have lookalikes now haha idea`s and suggestions welcome :lol:

Just some of the goodies that came with it

Only got it tday so will have to have a good check of it and a clean up of it as u can see the interior needs a tidy haha

evalex
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by evalex »

Not one, but two H22 EFs..oooh god i'm jealous as feck! You are seriously lucky to own those two mate :D If it's not a secret, how much did you pay for it?

Looks bloody nice! :top:
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

:lol: Emm well it cost me less than 900 squid in gbp and its alot bloody nicer than i taught it was serious rethink on the cards now haha

Yeah prob own only 2 over here tbh :lol:
evalex
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by evalex »

So about a thousand euros? Feck me..i bought a 1616i in Slovenia for that kind of money :|

I'm now seriously jealous of your new car! :lol:
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Would of cost me more to buy the drives and mounts haha i love it like xmas morning finding whats on it all good bare stock shocks and lil rust Cheers man i`m chuffed with it
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

After a quick lookabout and think about it i`m going to make the dx the track car it`ll be lighter seems its been well stripped already compaired to the ef -3 and its still got its sound proof and all electrics for the daily driving comforts bare p/s but thats not needed unless i`m parking so feck it ,

Plan on getting the ef3 started as soon as possible has a dodgey dizzy on it so gonna swap it out with my good one and rebuild the old one with parts of my spare dizzy as just the bearing is gone on that :)

Just going to work on getting it running stopping and then i`ll get about to the looks of it once have that done :)
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

After a lil clean out tday i`m liking the ef 3 like to know more bout spec of a 91 i,e, engine it would of had stock what size front discs is the prefacelift front interchangeable cause aint loving the wrap around front :cry:

Also what ecu is this ?

any one in the know know ? d16a9 i guess ?

After a quick dust off the ef-9 seats front and back seem very very clean no rips no wear not that suprising seems car hasn`t seen the road in nearly 7-9 years :?: not sure i`ll keep emm but hay we`ll see what pops up till then i bolted them up oiled the sliders and all good :D

Be getting a wet vax soon enough either ways to make emm fresh

Put the bumper where it belongs for now Bumper is so rough compaired to the rest of the car will need a lick of paint and some indicators along the way

Really rather this front but we`ll see as might still be keeping the dx for a track car depending what and how long it takes to get the ef3 up and running

Thats all for now more soon
evalex
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by evalex »

PM7 is indeed a D16A9 ecu :) The car looks a bit rough, but i have faith in your skills :top:
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Yeah found out it was a d16a9 si model Came with lots of luxurys like brown tint glass all electric and an 80 per cent complete h swap which i will be starting in a few mins to hear how it runs :D,

Also anyone know did the si have the same size brake set up as a ef-9 262mm up front and 240 at the back ?

Ahh looks a bit rough atm all right but she`ll be tip top in a week or two and possibly on the road :D
evalex
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by evalex »

If you mean ED7 (D16A9) chassis, then no.. They had smaller brakes. 242 in the front and 239 if i'm not mistaken!

Get a video up of the startup if you can mate, id like to hear it purr 8)
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

emmm nope ment ef3 si chassis as thats what it was before the h swap was a d16a9 and registration book has 1590cc on it so thinking it came from japan as a d16a9 i was thinking

as i have my ek4 there and da6 rears on my dx and the disc seems to look identical in size its just the fronts`s i`m unsure of as it came with bare hubs and a set of prelude calipers in the boot so no idea what disc will work on my hub atm But am sure i`ll figure it out soon enough

Yeah i will get a vid up wen i get the other half of the 4 branch on as neighbours already frown at me in the ek with its Tanabe smr they`d really not like me if i start it as is haha :lol:
bryan
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by bryan »

nice seats! ef3 si basically a jdm 1616 I would strip the dx of its shiny bits and go all out on this one! get her running, polish up them rays to a mirror finish and paint the car pearl white and keep the oe interior.
89' civic EF-3 Si
96' INTEGRA Xi-G 4 door
03' vauxhall corsa sxi 1.7 DTi
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Yeah i was thinking that also thinking of parting this Si out the weight difference is kinda big with the two of them ? plus the dx`s bay is flushed and minimal rust work left battery relocated to the boot, sound deading gone :?: :? bout which way to go,

Am going to have to strip it all back and gut it if i am keeping it as with a half cage that came in the deal the back seats wont be much use so again be better putting half cage in striped out dx ?, heads wrecked trying to pick which one to go all out on have all the parts there now so its just down to what shell to use as u can see was trying to work that out tday :lol:

Prob just use them both to make one i love and sell whats left over i`d say :lol:

Ahh them rays are going am getting 15 inch moogens of some kind when its more ready for the road why i ditched the 4 pots
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Got cracking on this yesterday switched out the spoilers stuck the ef-9 one on the ef-3, And the ef3`s on the dx with a lil tilt sure why not , Had to trim the rear screen rubber but sits flush now get pic of that at a later stage ,

Front bumper was modded not really to my taste so for now just got the lip fitted tidier and tided up the front end filler bar was bent and a bit off sorted that all looks tidier also on the hunt for new bumper and indicators a headlight and a set of halfs but till then threw it back on , lip seems savable so not so bad

Next i pulled all bare one strut of the dx and put them on the Si , C pillar , integra rear upper strut, front upper TnB strut , switched over the rad to this Si for the time being , and i`ll be parting out the dx i reckon once i figure out what i want off both cars but pics of what it ended up up like

Trying one the chargespeed skirts i modded from an ek on to see if i like emm and want them on it still unsure any opinions on these ?

Thats all for now all the fun stuff be happening soon enough wiping both engines out and seen what i will use and what will be for sale in the near future ;)