EFK9 B16B - The Speedboat

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Marc_EE9

Re: EE9 B16B - The Speedboat

Post by Marc_EE9 »

callum0892 wrote:IIRC, didnt you have some custom stickers made for this? 1.6-iR?
Yep, 1.6iR.
Going to put it on when it stops raining. Really need to clean the car but no chance with this sodding weather.
callum0892
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by callum0892 »

Ahh i thought you did. They will look sweet.
Weather really sucks, feel so bad about having not cleaned car for a while :(
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

I've been getting a knocking on the front suspension for quite some time now, so I'm starting to replace bushes/joints. CV's are done, although inners are proving hard to get good bearings. I did buy some used ones but they still click a little.
I have new Honda TRE's which I think is the problem, I will be hopefully fitting these in the week before Japfest on Saturday.
Balljoints will have to wait as I can't afford to buy anything else or spent much more time on the car, as I have a million and one other things to do.

So weather has been good today, so went about swapping the front LCA's for the refurbed ones with ES bushes. It was a bit of a pain in the A$$ to get the passenger side off the balljoint, but got there in the end. I split the boot as I had to use a big crowbar to pry it off (drivers side just dropped off which was nice), so I ideally need to replace that. They look like they will be a bitch to get out though.

While I had the front shocks off I lowered them by 5mm. I think I was being a bit reserved as it's not lowered the car much, so may wind them up another 5mm tomorrow when I do the rears.
Lee4391
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by Lee4391 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISY8bGof3bQ

That is a good way of cracking bottom ball joints.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

I'll spray it Polar white at some point.

Sticker on. Got it spot on first time round which very rarely happens! 8)

Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Love it 8)
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Kains
4GUK Donator

Post by Kains »

Didn't think I would like the sticker but seeing it on the car, it looks Great :)
M8NYG
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by M8NYG »

Kains wrote:Didn't think I would like the sticker but seeing it on the car, it looks Great :)

x2 :top:
Sick Civic VT OfTeN LiCkEd NeVeR bEaTeN
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

So I've been driving about a little bit, and testing out Vtec, and just getting a new feel for the car and engine, as it responds a lot differently with the new lump, and I have noticed on several occasions now some blue smoke at low RPM, quite a fair chug of it, and also a puff on Vtec/changing in Vtec. I'm a little concerned as this would suggest a piston ring has cracked, and/or so has a stem seal or two.

:? :(
bryan
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by bryan »

Marc_EE9 wrote:So I've been driving about a little bit, and testing out Vtec, and just getting a new feel for the car and engine, as it responds a lot differently with the new lump, and I have noticed on several occasions now some blue smoke at low RPM, quite a fair chug of it, and also a puff on Vtec/changing in Vtec. I'm a little concerned as this would suggest a piston ring has cracked, and/or so has a stem seal or two.

give her time marc, bit of luck she'll clear.

i had the same when i swaped a D15 for a ZC. smokey for a while then it was ok :) i reckon the engine was on its side for a while. oil could have been spilled into the inlet / outlet
89' civic EF-3 Si
96' INTEGRA Xi-G 4 door
03' vauxhall corsa sxi 1.7 DTi
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

I will see, but if anything it's getting worse.

Took a couple of pics at the weekend, but none of them really came out too good.... heres the best of the bunch anyway.

EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Good photo there

If only your wheel was tunred the other way.
dida4g

Post by dida4g »

Marc_EE9 wrote:So I've been driving about a little bit, and testing out Vtec, and just getting a new feel for the car and engine, as it responds a lot differently with the new lump, and I have noticed on several occasions now some blue smoke at low RPM, quite a fair chug of it, and also a puff on Vtec/changing in Vtec. I'm a little concerned as this would suggest a piston ring has cracked, and/or so has a stem seal or two.

Keep checking your oil and get a compression test if you can.
2000 CRV Camel Trophy Edition
2009 Kia Pro Ceed 3 1.6 crdi
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:Good photo there

If only your wheel was tunred the other way.
Cheers.
Yeh I know, was rushing to get a photo and didn't think about it.
dida4g wrote:

Keep checking your oil and get a compression test if you can.

I would love to check my oil, but I am using a B16A1 dipstick as Daz didn't give me a B16B one, and Im still waiting on one to turn up from SimAuto, as they did send me one (for a B20) but it got all bent up in the post.
M8NYG
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by M8NYG »

Car looks stunning 8)
Sick Civic VT OfTeN LiCkEd NeVeR bEaTeN