EFK9 B16B - The Speedboat

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Marc_EE9

Re: EE9 B16B - The Speedboat

Post by Marc_EE9 »

p97 onwards..

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6133&start=1440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
callum0892
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by callum0892 »

Yeah just went through some 40 pages to find it lol.
Good job, looks perfect.
D1ck :wink:
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

I've done some miles in it this bank holiday weekend. Yesterday I went up and saw Tahir for an exhaust and Cue for some wheels. I did a total of 460miles, on a tank and a half, which isn't bad going considering it's overfueling. This is the furthest I've ever travelled in the UK, it was a shame it was raining all day, the car is filthy!

I gave the wheels a good clean and polish today, and they've come up really well. The original paint is in great shape. I will put them on, see how they look, but I'm not a massive fan of red, but they're in too good condition to respray, yet.

Scum.

And after about 2 years my replica siR mats finally turned up.
The trimming looks grey, but its black leather.

EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Really glad to see you've gone with a great exhaust system, that will work really well with the B16B, I can tell you now though, it will be loud but will sound perfect right up to 9000rpm.

Mats looks great, I could do with them, my drivers mat is now starting to show wear.

Your package was sent off today, do you know the part you need to make it intio a cold air intake?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:Really glad to see you've gone with a great exhaust system, that will work really well with the B16B, I can tell you now though, it will be loud but will sound perfect right up to 9000rpm.
Yeh I figured it would be loud. I need a hanger welded on it, and one welded onto the car, so I'm not sure what to do, I may still get the RSR system off Mango, as this one gets squashed to 2.1" in places.

EE9 CVC wrote:Mats looks great, I could do with them, my drivers mat is now starting to show wear.
Yeh they're great. Glad I have them, so now all my original sets can stay in good shape. My UK drivers mat is pretty shabby, and the siR one too.

EE9 CVC wrote:Your package was sent off today, do you know the part you need to make it intio a cold air intake?
Cool thanks. Ummmm... yeh the piece for the throttle body? I have a few couplers lying around and off cuts of silicone tubing so I should be Ok.
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Marc_EE9 wrote:Yeh I figured it would be loud. I need a hanger welded on it, and one welded onto the car, so I'm not sure what to do, I may still get the RSR system off Mango, as this one gets squashed to 2.1" in places.
Its pretty simple to weld a hanger onto the car though so I'd just do that.

Cool thanks. Ummmm... yeh the piece for the throttle body? I have a few couplers lying around and off cuts of silicone tubing so I should be Ok.
No, not the piece for the throttle body, I've included that, its the bit that you use to move the filter down behind the front bumper, without that the filter will just go in the place where the airbox was.

You need one of these:

http://www.auto-performance.co.uk/produ ... cts_id=330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One end goes on the pipe and the other end has the metal hose joiner in it, push it all the way in, its just there to give you a solid thing to clamp the filter onto. This then goes down the whole and the filter mounts to this, and there you have it, decent cold air intake for way less than the AEM ones.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

ah yes sorry I remember now, you did mention that. and that has a metal piece in it? how do you know?
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

It does't come with the metal in it, you have to buy that aswell, I've included that for you though so all you need is the 45' elbow.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

gotcha.

is 68mm the right size for the parts you sent me? i'd like to get a head start so it hopefully all arrives on the same day

thanks
Kains
4GUK Donator

Post by Kains »

Where did you get the floor mats from? I'm using a set from a del sol at the moment so that I don't wear mine down hehe
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

I got them in the group buy primerkid on crxuk did, I sent him the templates, and I sent him Shuttle ones. doubt he will do anymore though as it took rather a long time and he got a bit fed up with it all, as he was getting hassled a fair bit. worth a pop though
Kains
4GUK Donator

Post by Kains »

Marc_EE9 wrote:I got them in the group buy primerkid on crxuk did, I sent him the templates, and I sent him Shuttle ones. doubt he will do anymore though as it took rather a long time and he got a bit fed up with it all, as he was getting hassled a fair bit. worth a pop though
Tnx mate
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Nice to have you round Marc, you are free to come round whenever you want pal.

I wouldn't worry about the 2 bends on the exhaust where it reduces in size a bit, it made 240ish HP in the white EF9 with the B20. You wouldn't even notice the difference in real life between that and a proper mandrel bend.

You dont need to weld another hanger on the exhaust, just one on your car.

It will be touching close to 200HP with a decent intake and exhaust setup once tuned.

Will be screaming it's head off till almost 9K, you will LOVE IT trust me!!! 8) 8) 8)
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Tahir wrote:It will be touching close to 200HP with a decent intake and exhaust setup once tuned.

Will be screaming it's head off till almost 9K, you will LOVE IT trust me!!! 8) 8) 8)
X2

Mine was only a wisker off 200HP, the only reason mine didn't make 200 horsies was because I needed a new map for mods I had.

In the 3 years I had the B16B I never gor bored with it, they really scream at 9000rpm and they just love being revved. I still miss the sound, the B20 doesn't come close to sounding as good. I might actually go back to a B16B if I can't find someone who can fix my B20.
Marc_EE9

Re: NH-512Z EE9... B16B Speedboat

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Marc_EE9 wrote:So, while I was painting the RNR's, I noticed this...

Sent this off today to be repaired, to a company called WRC in Preston (http://www.wheelrepair.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). They use proper methods to straighten wheels, no welding, just heat and hydraulics.

The silver RNR's turned up this week. The finish is amazing. They have been powder coated, but not in the usual method, or so that's what I understood anyway.