My Si Ef-3 h22a hatch build

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Re: My ec-8 h22a build Very pic heavy Motor + box out pg 9

Post by vtecmossy »

M8NYG wrote:Cars looking very nice 8)
:D Thanks :top:
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Re: My ec-8 h22a build Very pic heavy , slowly but surely :)

Post by vtecmossy »

Nothing much be happening here till the parts are all there life was busy busy the last while and my ek-4 got me fairly distracted so plan to gather bits and finish what i can till everything is there and ready to go on

What i did do was fitted it out with most exterior pieces lights and the likes , picked up some stain glass amber paint in a hobby shop to try before i ordered a set of pwjdm ones came out sweet so re- did the front indicator covers aswell so they all match, also started to sort the interior out and get all the lume in place for the digi dash get the spacers under the rails for the dc-5 recaro`s , fitting the razo alloys pedal covers, stearing collum, and omp deep dish , earthed most of the interior lume and started the final fit of the dash and center console , makes you reliese how much bigger a prelude is when you take that dash and dc5 recaros and stick them in a box shape civic :lol: Will get pics of all the interior work and exterior work next time i get a chance to work on it

Only took one or two pics of this in the last while since doing anything to it

Try keep this a bit more updated but aint promising out :lol:
bryan
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by bryan »

white bay is so much better!
89' civic EF-3 Si
96' INTEGRA Xi-G 4 door
03' vauxhall corsa sxi 1.7 DTi
SuperDOHC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by SuperDOHC »

full white looks wicked

i like the rear end wish mine could look like that
ImageImageImage

White GL
Unique Edition
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Yeah much rather the white bay myself Bryan looks more factory well as factory as it can ,

@ superdohc Not sure what you mean rear end has changed the least of the whole car all that`s got is ef-9 spoiler ef-9 rear lights and a jap rear bumper , and de wiper`d , Has the original boot and garnish :) have to finish and fit the diy rear lip when i`m sorting the other pin stripe bumpstrips and i`ll be happier with the backend of it

Cheers lads :)

Also picked up a set of da-6 rear mat`s for this and now looking for mint civic type r front ones to match my dc5 recaro`s also ek-4 is nearly done so be back this full time soon enough :)
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Not done a lot t this at all lately laziness and the cold, Brakes where a pain to find wheels that fitted that i liked, So I got rid of the 4 pots for some 98 spec teg r calipers and red stuff pad`s with Mtec 282mm 4x100 grooved disc`s

Fitted the disc`s and cailpers to the hubs

Then checked if the Rays cleared the discs and calipers and happy days they clear so 15`s will clear handy enough :)

Then just cleaned it up a bit and took a few pics getting it ready for a few other bits to be done soon enough

Need a slim line fan 10-12 inch if anyone has one knocking about :)

Changed out a few things got rid of the dc`5 recaro`s they where to wide for the little cabin so on the look out for some fishnet recaro`s or retro styled recaro`s need to be a slim style not wide like dc2 or dc5 or euro r , any other idea`s ? :scratch:
zPandamoniumZz
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by zPandamoniumZz »

Just read this over on Honda Haven. Some major work put into it. Don't see why you wanted to sell it back then :? If I sold mine, would of been kicking myself and asking why I did it :x Keep it up :top: Are you sticking with the Rays? Another wheel choice would be better to suit the car dude. I suggest Mugens :OD
Daihatsu SIRION '00 - Sold
Honda CIVIC SRS 1.4 i '98 - Sold
ホンダ シビック 23L スペシャルエディション '90 - Sold
Toyota STARLET '96 - Sold
Honda CIVIC Limited Edition OHC 1.4 i Tropica '00

evalex
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by evalex »

Does your bonnet close fully without any modifications to it? :o
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Cheers
zPandamoniumZz ahh was just feed up with it but aint anymore emm am thinking bout some 15inch mugens for it why i went for the 282 set up .

@ evalex Besides two small spacers for the bonnet yes it clears and made one lil mod to the frame but nothing major its in the thread somewhere i reckons :top:
zPandamoniumZz
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by zPandamoniumZz »

evalex wrote:Does your bonnet close fully without any modifications to it? :o
The bonnet on all EF's should close no problem. Unless you have bonnet raisers installed or there's something wrong with the latch
Daihatsu SIRION '00 - Sold
Honda CIVIC SRS 1.4 i '98 - Sold
ホンダ シビック 23L スペシャルエディション '90 - Sold
Toyota STARLET '96 - Sold
Honda CIVIC Limited Edition OHC 1.4 i Tropica '00

vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

:top: or your engines so big the rocker hits so you need spacers :top:
evalex
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by evalex »

zPandamoniumZz wrote:
evalex wrote:Does your bonnet close fully without any modifications to it? :o
The bonnet on all EF's should close no problem. Unless you have bonnet raisers installed or there's something wrong with the latch
You obviously don't know what you are talking about.. Go see H2B swaps and you'll see why i'm asking that... The engine block is much bigger than B series so the hood needs to be either cut or spaced out a lot (if you use the conversion mounts bought from tuning shops - mostly USA ones).
sixteen16
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by sixteen16 »

I wana see this car in the flesh yO. Shud moooooove off with that 22 installed, I like it bruv.
22's are naughty in the heavier EG's so in a 4G gonna b sik.
U still after a fan mate??

And in EVALEX's defense, if I recall properly, dont the B series engines be taller than our stock engines, so what about the H22??
D16a9 called Vic

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
evalex
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by evalex »

sixteen16 wrote: And in EVALEX's defense, if I recall properly, dont the B series engines be taller than our stock engines, so what about the H22??
Using the conversion mounts like i mentioned above you get this, so unless you do custom mounts and drop the engine lower in you have issues doing this swap..

So do you now understand my question zPandamoniumZz?

p.s. sorry for the offtopic, keep up the good work :top:
vtecmossy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by vtecmossy »

Ahh i get why you`s ask about bonnet clearance but the inovitive kit aint as bad as some us made one like hasport and others but is pics of my clearance head aches with the bonnet further back in this thread mine wasn`t as high as the one above i know that much so small trim to bonnet frame over rocker and 3-5mm of spacers and its all good plus raised bonnet will help with heat soak aswell , Yeah i am still looking for a slimline fan but might be buying a whole unfinished ef h22 for spares with facelift front also in white :) so might have one and a bunch of spares soon enough :top:

Cheers for the positive feedback lads :top: