Momin's EE9 - LRE - 223BHP

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
MominF
**Trader**

Re: Momin's EE9 - LRE - 223BHP

Post by MominF »

Thanks guys.

Have to say ive had an amazing time in this car, properly used it/screwed it just as i intended. The B18C and the Kaaz LSD are just incredible tbh, car screams all the way too 9200RPM, gets to daft speeds like there no tommorow and if im honest scares the S*!t out of me at times. Id reccomed a Kaaz diff to those in the market, im sure those who have been in my car will vouch for it. Gives you alot of confidence in corners.

But like they say, all good things come to an end. Its time to call it a day with the B18.

New plans are to change the purpose of this car. Il now be adding sound deadening back in, 2.0L engine tuned to around 250BHP , 6 Speed gear box, Aftermarket LSD etc. Im sure you can guess the plans :wink:
SuperDOHC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by SuperDOHC »

MominF wrote:Thanks guys.

Have to say ive had an amazing time in this car, properly used it/screwed it just as i intended. The B18C and the Kaaz LSD are just incredible tbh, car screams all the way too 9200RPM, gets to daft speeds like there no tommorow and if im honest scares the S*!t out of me at times. Id reccomed a Kaaz diff to those in the market, im sure those who have been in my car will vouch for it. Gives you alot of confidence in corners.

But like they say, all good things come to an end. Its time to call it a day with the B18.

New plans are to change the purpose of this car. Il now be adding sound deadening back in, 2.0L engine tuned to around 250BHP , 6 Speed gear box, Aftermarket LSD etc. Im sure you can guess the plans :wink:
you wana go even faster now momin ? bravee man :shock:

you jus got the B18 in recently why the sudden change ?
ImageImageImage

White GL
Unique Edition
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Will be nice to see how you get on with the K swap, it's something I have in mind for the future.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
1988rt
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by 1988rt »

sick car bro
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

MominF wrote:Thanks guys.

Is there a UK stockist of Kaaz?
bryan
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by bryan »

monster EE9 :shock:
89' civic EF-3 Si
96' INTEGRA Xi-G 4 door
03' vauxhall corsa sxi 1.7 DTi
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Good luck going K20, K20's never feel quite as raw as B series to me but it will cetainly be scary quick. I need a b series in my life, which is why I'd need to buy a second EF if I was going to go k20.

Your B18 must be great fun, surprised you feel the need to change so soon.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

EE9 CVC wrote:Your B18 must be great fun, surprised you feel the need to change so soon.
This.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
MominF
**Trader**

Post by MominF »

Thanks for the comments guys :D.

I actually believe the B18C is the perfect set up in a EF chassis. Mine is very scary fast, goes threw gears like mad. The reason im going for the change is i use this car as a daily, the high comp B18C is too raw for this purpose, i cant for the life off me drive normally :oops: Usually all laws are broken and everyone in front off me is over took, the cars pushed hard in corners and roundabouts. Also the car makes too much noise, attracts to much attraction. On a motorway run its is good on fuel but locally its a little poor. Im also starting uni soon and dont really want to use the car as transport there so its getting parked up anyway.

Reasons for the K20 is 6 speed box with a 4.7FD for economy and acceleration, easy to get power out of them with just bolt ons, torquey, 40MPG with a good map :), changing to an exhaust on the normal side which i want to be fairly quite . Just what i want really, and i feel like doing another project.

Also, im not saying bye to the B engines, il be building a even better B18C for my CRX :)

Marc, i not sure where to get a Kaaz diff in the UK. I got mine from cue tho.
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

That makes sense, IMO the main thing wrong with type R b series engine is that they don't have a 6 speed.

A built B series with a 6 speed box would be awesome.
headrushuk
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by headrushuk »

nice ee9 wish all where like this