EFK9 B16B - The Speedboat

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Cillian13
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by Cillian13 »

What a Project! I've been at home sick in bed the last few days and I read all 75 pages:P .I love your car. I'll have to borrow that idea for the rear fog light/reverse bulb as I'm just after getting rid of my fogs. Keep up the good work :lol: :D
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Cillian13 wrote:What a Project! I've been at home sick in bed the last few days and I read all 75 pages:P .I love your car. I'll have to borrow that idea for the rear fog light/reverse bulb as I'm just after getting rid of my fogs. Keep up the good work :lol: :D
lol thanks man
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Poundland FTMFW!!!

Turns out its 4 microfibre clothes! And also picked up two hand mop's...

:D :P

They also do 2lt bottles of screenwash, so I picked up 8 litre's. :D
Last edited by Marc_EE9 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

:top:

I use similar.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Tahir wrote::top:

I use similar.
I've had my JML clothes for years, and can't be arsed to keep cleaning them. Cheaper to just buy new ones lol.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

New wheels, while I decide what colour if any to spray the Watanabe's. I still need to refurb these rear's satin black. The blue rim is cool, but doesn't suit my car.
The fronts have Yokohama Parada Spec2's, and the rear's I bought some Toyo T1-R's yesterday. I've not had Parada's before, but they are very good! Only tested in the dry though.
8)

I'm not sure on the offset, I'll have to check, as I don't think they are the same.

I also got my new head-unit today, as my old one is showing signs of age after 6 years of use, 5 cars, and 2 crashes.
:lol:

And while out today on my usual daily missions I noticed the Speedboat smoking more than usual.
:(
Last edited by Marc_EE9 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Them wheels = JDM 8)

Im due a headunit change too, my Alpine is a really top spec one but again been through about 5 cars and many crashes. Id like just a new face for it.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Tahir wrote:Them wheels = JDM 8)
8) very JDM y0!
Tahir wrote:Im due a headunit change too, my Alpine is a really top spec one but again been through about 5 cars and many crashes. Id like just a new face for it.
Yeh thats what I initially wanted to do, but not sure if they are interchangeable...? I'm still looking for one though, as I think that would solve my problems I have with my Alpine 9812-RR.

The new one (101-RM) is what I wanted though, as it has USB. I have an 8gb stick I can use, so won't need to burn anymore CD's or carry them in the car. USB FTW!
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Also your mates wont rob your CD's because you wont have any, and you can rob theirs :wink:
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Tahir wrote:Also your mates wont rob your CD's because you wont have any, and you can rob theirs :wink:
lol my mates don't rob my CD's anyway, I usually give them away
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Marc_VT wrote:
Tahir wrote:Also your mates wont rob your CD's because you wont have any, and you can rob theirs :wink:
lol my mates don't rob my CD's anyway, I usually give them away
That's what I meant mate, when they ask they insist and it's hard to refuse.
Rich4thGen
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by Rich4thGen »

Marc_VT wrote:The new one (101-RM) is what I wanted though, as it has USB. I have an 8gb stick I can use, so won't need to burn anymore CD's or carry them in the car. USB FTW!
USB is so much better than cds man.

Car is looking sweet as usual bud
Red EC9 - sold
Red EE9 - sold
Black CRX siR - new toy
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Cars looking good 8)

I don't think I'll need to replace my head unit anytime soon, as it rarely gets used. :lol: I hardly ever turn it on.
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

the blue enkei look great on it , smokey? happens mine the odd time , esp. in the hot weather :? :? what oil do you use? maybe try 15/40 works great for me
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

HONDAB88 wrote:the blue enkei look great on it , smokey? happens mine the odd time , esp. in the hot weather :? :? what oil do you use? maybe try 15/40 works great for me
I get smoke in low RPM, blue smoke, have done for about a year, but it's got a lot worse. Worn piston rings.

I'm due to change the oil tomorrow. I used to use Magnatec 10-40, but will be changing the oil tomorrow for Mobil S 10-40. I've been instructed to stay with 10-40 lol