EFK9 B16B - The Speedboat

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

pearse9000rpm wrote:nice looking clutch kit,harda beat nice light new grippy clutch
how much is a blueprint kit
I had a new LUK clutch fitted when I bought the car, which is still going strong. I bought this as I have an ITR flywheel to have fitted.
That cost me £131 delivered from camskill.co.uk (which is £35 less than my local auto factors quoted me).
But I may have a change of plans now, so will have to see what the future holds.
pearse9000rpm
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by pearse9000rpm »

aw i see,very good,would the itr flywhell give more torque
or any other benefits
ek9 vsm facelift
James4g
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by James4g »

your car is so clean!
that shifter extension is cool, much difference in shifting?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

pearse9000rpm wrote:aw i see,very good,would the itr flywhell give more torque
or any other benefits
Just the obvious really. Throttle response you will notice the difference. Quicker at picking up the revs from low down.
But I may not need it after all. :lol:
James4g wrote:your car is so clean!
that shifter extension is cool, much difference in shifting?
It only looks clean from a distance in my eyes, as I know where all the dings, chips, scratches are etc.

Shifter extension makes it "easier" to shift, and is better for town driving, but as I mentioned before, it could do with a slight 15/20 degree bend towards the driver. As you extend the shift upwards, the gear knob now sits further forward, as well as further back, so you have to stretch a bit further forward to shift, or adjust your seat - but then that somewhat defeats the point.
I get on well with my short shifter, so I may do without it, or I may try heating up the shifter extension and see if I can bend it a bit to my preference.

I wouldn't advise putting on on a standard shifter, or a shifter without uprated bushes, otherwise it will be a sloppy affair, and will have a lot of wobble in the lever, which you don't want!
James4g

Post by James4g »

yeah i know what u mean i know every single dink on my car haha.

True i never thought of it that way, i like the look of them but was unsure of getting one.
Id probably need a short shifer first then lol, whats it made out of cos it will need a lot of heat haha, but i know what ur saying because my mate tom had a jeep with a straight shifter and it was huge! he managed to bend it and was alot easier to put in gear, it was a bitch before!

any more plans for the speedboat?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

James4g wrote:yeah i know what u mean i know every single dink on my car haha.

True i never thought of it that way, i like the look of them but was unsure of getting one.
Id probably need a short shifer first then lol, whats it made out of cos it will need a lot of heat haha, but i know what ur saying because my mate tom had a jeep with a straight shifter and it was huge! he managed to bend it and was alot easier to put in gear, it was a bitch before!
They're made of steel.

James4g wrote:any more plans for the speedboat?
Yes. ;)
James4g

Post by James4g »

my mates was aluminium.

haha whats next?!?!
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

James4g wrote: haha whats next?!?!

Not sure yet. :lol:
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Going to take some shots tomorrow of the car with my new 12mp camera. It should show up the imperfections more on things lol

Only after I've washed it though. :D
TG1
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by TG1 »

ha. imperfections.

you're car's in a lot better nick than mine is and its a 99 :oops:

that said the only dent in it was added for me, cheers.

but the state of my paint is embarrasing - but the tree is getting cut back out back, so i might be able to start sorting it out (only a year after getting it :oops: )

what do you use to clean it?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

TG1 wrote:ha. imperfections.

you're car's in a lot better nick than mine is and its a 99 :oops:

that said the only dent in it was added for me, cheers.

but the state of my paint is embarrasing - but the tree is getting cut back out back, so i might be able to start sorting it out (only a year after getting it :oops: )

what do you use to clean it?
The imperfections are only down to parts being sprayed and where its been dinged/chipped/scratched.

I use Turtlewax Zipwax to wash it. I've got Autoglym shampoo, but doesn't get as much dirt off. Although I'm only using a cheapy sponge, I should get one of those heavy thick ones really.
And I use Autoglym resin polish, sometimes Ultra resin polish after that if it's a nice enough day. Then I use that cloth buff the windows too.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Marc, the sponges tend to pick up dirt and hold it so when your scrubbing away your also adding fine scratches which are not always visible to the eye, especially on a white car.

That's why I listened to Ian and went for a wash mit, its made of cloth and is much nicer to the paint/top coat than the sponge.

About 3 quid from Tesco's I think it was.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Tahir wrote:That's why I listened to Ian and went for a wash mit, its made of cloth and is much nicer to the paint/top coat than the sponge.
:top: You want a sheepskin mitt idealy, I haven't used a sponge on my Civic - Ever

Wookies Fists are pretty good, but cost £20 :shock:
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

Tahir wrote:Marc, the sponges tend to pick up dirt and hold it so when your scrubbing away your also adding fine scratches which are not always visible to the eye, especially on a white car.

That's why I listened to Ian and went for a wash mit, its made of cloth and is much nicer to the paint/top coat than the sponge.

About 3 quid from Tesco's I think it was.
Yes I know. But I'm using what I have before I go buying anything extra. I am pretty poor these days lol.

EE9 CVC wrote:You want a sheepskin mitt idealy
yep, thats what I have also. got it from the Poundshop 8)

great for polishing too
HONDAB88
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by HONDAB88 »

microfibre cloth i use them for everything on the cars, wash, polish and glass and plastics perfect finish 8)