A9 CVC - My EE9 2.0i-VT - Now with 243hp B20

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Thanks very Much Tahir :D

I got the rest of the car finished off today and removed the rubber strips making sure the inner lips were layered thick with underseal.

I also serviced her last week as I like to keep her running as perfectly as possible. Also gave me a chance to fit my Magnetic Drain plug.

Its really hard keeping a car in top shape during our winter months. Causes me lots of stress triing to do so. Bloomin dirt & wet & salt & snow, I am looking forward to the smmer. :|
Dan
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by Dan »

EE9 CVC wrote:Its really hard keeping a car in top shape during our winter months. Causes me lots of stress triing to do so. Bloomin dirt & wet & salt & snow, I am looking forward to the smmer. :|
Thats why in Scotland everyone with a 'nice' honda like yours just buys a winter 'beater' and take their pride and joy off the road - its normally just a car for less than £500 which they sell on in spring :top:
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

I will deffinitly try to do that next winter and get mine off the road from the Middle of November to Middle of Febuary.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:I will deffinitly try to do that next winter and get mine off the road from the Middle of November to Middle of Febuary.
Thats what i did, and im glad i did! saved £500, with that money braught a CRX, got a months driving out of it, broke it and made x3 my money :wink:

I recommend Micra's as good winter beaters
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Just been checking everything in may bay was ok and giving it a quick clean to keep it looking good.

I cut up some sections of hose to put in my front and rear engine mounts to stiffen them up a bit, it seems to work prettty good.
I managed to get two in the top half of the front mount, four in the bottom half and two in the rear mount. It stiffens it up nicely but still allows some movement.

I also have a set of Mint EF9 headlights which I am thinking about fitting to save some weight.

I put about 5 coats of sealant on them so they should stay looking good.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

So did you put the bits of hose around the bolt for the mount?

Those headlights look fresh yo! I've toyed with the idea, as they weight a hell of a lot less than glass ones, but don't know if the visability would be worse, as my friends EG siR isn't great compared to glass ones. But if they are cleaned up they should be ok?

looking nice and tidy under the hood! looks brand new! :x :lol:
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

Yeah, if you look at the mount at the front to the left of the manifold, there is a rubber bit which the bolt goes through, bit its not solid, therfore you can put the hoses above and beneath it. If you have a look at yours it will be obvious where I put them. The rear is much the same, its a bit of a squeeze getting them stuffed in there.

Those headlights look fresh yo! I've toyed with the idea, as they weigh a hell of a lot less than glass ones, but don't know if the visability would be worse, as my friends EG siR isn't great compared to glass ones. But if they are cleaned up they should be ok?
They do weight a lot less (I'll weigh them both when I swap them) As these are in mint condition with no clouding I am hoping the vis will be fine, they are actually in better shape than my glass ones.

Thanks, but I'm still not totaly happy, don't know why :? Theres not really anything else I can do other than move the line going to the servo. Sometimes I hate being so fussy, I can never be completly satisfied with anything.
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:
Yeah, if you look at the mount at the front to the left of the manifold, there is a rubber bit which the bolt goes through, bit its not solid, therfore you can put the hoses above and beneath it. If you have a look at yours it will be obvious where I put them. The rear is much the same, its a bit of a squeeze getting them stuffed in there.
cool, i will take a look at that tomorrow, thanks!

EE9 CVC wrote:
Those headlights look fresh yo! I've toyed with the idea, as they weigh a hell of a lot less than glass ones, but don't know if the visability would be worse, as my friends EG siR isn't great compared to glass ones. But if they are cleaned up they should be ok?
They do weight a lot less (I'll weigh them both when I swap them) As these are in mint condition with no clouding I am hoping the vis will be fine, they are actually in better shape than my glass ones.
if they are kept polished up they should be fine. just a pita getting bulbs :roll:

EE9 CVC wrote:
Thanks, but I'm still not totaly happy, don't know why :? Theres not really anything else I can do other than move the line going to the servo. Sometimes I hate being so fussy, I can never be completly satisfied with anything.
sounds just like me mate!
looks fine from hear anyway ! :wink:
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

You should try it, it helps minimise wheel hop and makes gearchanging better and easier. Make sure you use stiff hose, and make sure they are tight packed or they will fall out.

if they are kept polished up they should be fine. just a pita getting bulbs :roll:
Yeah, I'll keep them polished and sealed so should be ok, Hopefully the bulbs don't go.

I was thing about putting a thermometer in my engine bay out of interest to see what the general and intake temperature are. You think this could be worth doing just out of interest?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:
You should try it, it helps minimise wheel hop and makes gearchanging better and easier. Make sure you use stiff hose, and make sure they are tight packed or they will fall out.
Yeah, I'll keep them polished and sealed so should be ok, Hopefully the bulbs don't go.

I was thing about putting a thermometer in my engine bay out of interest to see what the general and intake temperature are. You think this could be worth doing just out of interest?
well like myself you sound intreged and interested in how things work, so by all means. im interested
would be good to get an outside temp as well to compare
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

This car is niiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 8)
No longer on the 'sucker list'
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

^^^Thanks Very Much^^^ :D Its nice to have other people appreciate the amount of work that goes into it.

Marc_VT wrote:
EE9 CVC wrote: I was thing about putting a thermometer in my engine bay out of interest to see what the general and intake temperature are. You think this could be worth doing just out of interest?
well like myself you sound intreged and interested in how things work, so by all means. im interested
I'll definitly give this a go when I get the chance, an outside air temp will be easy to get too. Just got to decide where to put the sensor, I was thinking either just behind or in front of the filter as I reckon if it was next to it the moving air would give a cooler reading that what it is actually intaking. Not sure where to put it for a general bay temperature?

Also I will do it for normal driving and fast VTEC driving.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Best EE9 in the U.K by far.

You can do me a wire tuck when we meet hahaha. Although mine wont look the same with the PAS.

That radiator looks vicious :twisted:

10/10 for effort.
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:^^^Thanks Very Much^^^ :D Its nice to have other people appreciate the amount of work that goes into it.

Marc_VT wrote:
EE9 CVC wrote: I was thing about putting a thermometer in my engine bay out of interest to see what the general and intake temperature are. You think this could be worth doing just out of interest?
I'll definitly give this a go when I get the chance, an outside air temp will be easy to get too. Just got to decide where to put the sensor, I was thinking either just behind or in front of the filter as I reckon if it was next to it the moving air would give a cooler reading that what it is actually intaking. Not sure where to put it for a general bay temperature?

Also I will do it for normal driving and fast VTEC driving.

mmmm, prehaps to the right, in the big gap next to the engine mount?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

EE9 CVC wrote:
ok, ive just had a look, and i see what you mean. the 3 gaps in the rubber. how the hell did u get them all in? ones you cant get to. or did you take them out?

cheers Ian