Me monster

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Finally back on the road :D One month without the monster...not good! First thing i noticed was the manifold and light weight flywheel make a big difference on low down power. Far quicker acceleration with no real disadvantages which makes me happy :P

After getting the old engine out i'm going to remove the head at some point this week and start the port and polish. Any tips on doing a 16v head? I'm also going to have it skimmed. I've read the 16v runs fine up to 40thou so would 30thou sound like a good number?

Also sordfish is gonna sort me out with a socketed ecu when i find one to send to him. Good times 8)

TG1
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by TG1 »

it might be worth checking that its not been skimmed before
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

I don't think it ever did. It was a 70 year old guys car before me :lol: i've got most of the service history and she still has the original plates from new :D
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Lol i've left this thread for a while now :roll: Well time for an update i think!

Since the cars been running near on perfect after fitting the new engine i've just been enjoying it and the limited good weather so not much to say :)

I'm quite pleased with the performance of the d16 right now with the mods i've done. So now i'm going to start tidying up the body before winter. I've already bought new back arches and been pricing up a respray! Hopefully in a new colour. All i've done recently is clean up the calipers and paint them red, fit a short shift kit, and give it a service. Oh and i got a new cd player for my birthday so tha was cool.

I'll post some pictures up when i make more progress :) Cya!
simpo
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by simpo »

did the lighten flywheel affect the top end or going up hills?
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

keep it white!!
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

It's not made any real difference to the car to be honest. Quicker up the revs but thats all. No power loss up hills like some people claim :D

Most likely will be staying white...the best colour for hondas :P
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

browndk04 wrote: Most likely will be staying white...the best colour for hondas :P
good man!
is it arctic/frost or polar white at the moment?
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

It's polar white atm. I fancy something A little brighter next though. Any advice?

Typical weather up here. Went to do some things to the car and it stars raining :shock: I was going to have a look at the main relay and solder it because it's playing up. Good news is back arches have been dispatched :D
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

I've always loved Audi S3 white

But if you can afford it Lambo White looks 8)
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

not a fan of metalic white on retro cars, OEM colours are where its at. Frost and Alpine white are brighter than Polar white
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Sorted my main relay at the weekend. Went straight for a short drive to the petrol station and it stared first time perfectly :D

I also gave the monster a service changing the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, plugs, and changed the coolant. Also looking out for some magnecor leads. My mate bought a steam cleaner for his car so i've been cleaning up the engine bay. Found some white bits i thought were just black :lol:

I had a spare rocker cover lying around so we decided to get arty lol

More pictures to follow once i finish the rocker cover...i can guarantee it's going to get a mixed reaction :P
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

hahaha cant wait!!
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

I got hold of a scorpion exhaust system from a crx recently. Quite badly dented but no holes. Spent most of today fitting it because the difference in length and the fact my welder had packed in. I ended up using a stick welder! A lot harder than mig lol the difference was around 10" so i just welded in a 10" section i had.

I need an ef9 bumper lol

Right...lol my rocker cover. I don't think some people are going to like it. It's a little random :lol: I started out painting my spare rocker cover red but the paint wasn't lying so well. So i spattered some black paint over it to cover all the rubbish red bits. Then got bored so i spattered white spray aswell.

Quite cool i thought but not finished. I wanted something mad jdm sylee :P How does glow in the dark paint sound? Yup my rocker cover glows in the dark :D And if you don't like it, tough! haha

And here you go...

I'll treat you to a night time glow in the dark shot later in the week :)
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

i love it mate!!! i wanna see it glow!!!!!!!