Me monster

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Me monster

Post by browndk04 »

I decided that i've been on here long enough and should start a projects bit for myself :) My car which is called Monster is a white 1990 16v and it's amazing! I've been holding out on doing this post until i got some good progress done but sod it here goes :lol:

I bought the car last October from a older gentleman who lives in Boston. When i bought the car it ran smooth and came with 15" alloys. The back arches seemed to be the only problem.

When i got home i swapped my white team dynamic wheels from my old gl onto the 16v. I also fitted some pi shocks and 35mm lowering springs i had lying around.

I managed to sell my gl locally pretty quick aswell. A bloke down the road from me bought it but unfotunately he smashed it up pretty badly within a couple of weeks. Through a 10" thick wall to be exact :( I bought it back from him for spares. Sold the silver wheels, crx seats and kept the window tints he kindly had fitted :P

This was my gl shortly before selling it;

At this point i was quite liking the look of the car and the MOT was coming up so all i began tidying up the wear and tear pieces. New parada spec 2 tyres :) very fun! New bushings on the back suspension, cv joint and two cv boots.
Last edited by browndk04 on Fri May 30, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

After driving around and enjoying my little civic i got a little bored and my imagination began to play. And all of a sudden monster was born :twisted:

I decided that since the old rocker cover had seen better days i'd better clean it up abit. I used paint stripper to take off all the old paint. Cleaned the surface and then painted it using smooth hammerite spray paint :)

The next thing i began doing was stripping out as much interior i could from the back. I later fitted two cobra monaco's and sabelt harnesses

It was time to give my mate his springs back so i had to buy my own. I wanted the car to sit lower so i chose some spax 50mm lowering springs to get it's arse planted and sort out the handling! Everything was smooth rolling after that until my dizzy started to play up. A quick trip down to streakers for a replacement sorted that out :) (car was on the spax springs at this point)

widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

cool story

I must get my project post sorted :oops:
No longer on the 'sucker list'
Richy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Richy »

looks nice mate, what are the plans now then
HOMEGROWN HONDAZ
EE9 CVC
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by EE9 CVC »

I like it - The white and the black go well together.
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

And as she stands just now. As most off you will have read. A little bit wet! As i've discovered fords are not the best place to take a lowered car with a cold air intake through :? Stuiped me!

But since i'm not one to do things sitting down i decided to use this opportunity to make the car better. By spending far to much money on new toys :) A new engine was top of the list. I found a rebuilt engine for sale from a bloke on hondacrx.

Knowing that i'd be waiting a while until the garage was free and not being able to spend money on petrol i started looking for some parts and doing little jobs. Having already fitting a s/s exhaust a s/s manifold seemed a good idea also. I chose to buy one of the japspeed ones from ebay. Cost a little more than some of the others but the welds look nice and the thing feels quite good quality. So i'm glad i did.

I also bought a f1 racing lightweight flywheel and stage one clutch from ebayusa. This thing looks the business and it's such a shame it's going to be hidden :?

Unfortunately the front pads were done and one of the discs was warped. Luckily i found someone selling black diamond discs and pads front and back for the same price as new standard ones. Since i wont be running silly power through my car i didn't think a bb conversion was needed right now. Anyways these feel pretty good and sharp

And finally. The last of my purchases and the biggest hassle! I bought it over 6 weeks ago of some douche! It was meant to be a socketed and chipped ecu ready to go, just fit it and sorted. But this was far from the truth :evil: The bloke sent it out without a chip. After getting sordfish (top bloke) from here to burn me a chip it's still playing up :? We've been trying it in a mates 16v crx. It goes into 'safe mode' or somethnig. Idling at 2000rpm and limiting at 3500rpm. And the engine management light stays on all the time :? Anyone got any ideas?

Also i'm beginning to get bored and do daft things :P

Richy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Richy »

the brakes will like the daft things you do though so its all good, i want new parts :(
HOMEGROWN HONDAZ
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Lol i'm just expecting a phone call from the bank manager asking 'what the hells going on, wheres all your money gone' :lol:
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Lol i thought i'd show you guys the real monster :P

browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Cheers 8) he's called Cooper because he's small and cool like the mini cooper :P
Marc_EE9

Post by Marc_EE9 »

looking good dude,
nice to see some pics

u need a better pic of that rocker cover!!

:civic: !!
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

The red one or the blue one on the new engine? :P
streaker
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by streaker »

Whats the spec on the engine? Any mods ?? At least have the head skimmed a bit :wink: And a port too whilst it's on the bench before fitting.

Brakes are important :!:
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

I'm going to use the old one and learn how to port and polish. Get it skimmed hopefully then fit it back in. Yeah good brakes are important and since the black diamond ones are better than stock i'm quite happy with that just now 8) Obviously if i decide to go further the big brake conversion will be one of the first things to get done.
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Hurrah! It's going to the garage on Thursday :D Can't wait to drive again!