my 1991 EE9 i-VT!!

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

did it sort your idle problem out dan?
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
danxs
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by danxs »

no it didnt :cry:

its a bit more stable but it still goes up and down while cold and then once on temp it steadies out a little at 1200 then it goes up and down still between 900 and 1200 :(

its annoying me now, what else could it be?

i-vt gone
b20 gone

mb6 :(
ball2uall
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by ball2uall »

even thought you cleaned it, it may still not be sending the correct voltage to the ecu i would recomend
try cleaning the valve under the trottle body not the one behind the inlet mani.
danxs

Post by danxs »

ive cleaned that one aswell just, took both ends off and thoroughly cleaned with carb and intake cleaner and rebuilt, topped the water up and bled system, reset the ecu and started it up, its settled down a little more but its still really annoting me, up and down, up and down... what else can i try??

i-vt gone
b20 gone

SteveRowe
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by SteveRowe »

My honda did that , i didnt loose any sleep over it like you are :lol: as long as it starts ,gos and stops dont worry about it , nice colour for the rocker cover i think the oil cap wreaks it tho
Austin Mini 1330cc
Rover Mini 1293cc
SteveRowe wrote:
shak 786 wrote:im intitled to my opinion
in that case my opinion is ... your a fanny ....
danxs

Post by danxs »

yeah i know im after a ek9 one or something similar.

well im not loosing sleep its just crap when you pull up to meet people and your car is up and down and up and down, makes it look rubbish lol

i think il check the tps next, not off work till tue though :(

i-vt gone
b20 gone

SteveRowe
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by SteveRowe »

danxs wrote:
well im not loosing sleep its just crap when you pull up to meet people and your car is up and down and up and down, makes it look rubbish lol
Just tell them its got fancy cams and its ment for going not siting talking about it
Austin Mini 1330cc
Rover Mini 1293cc
SteveRowe wrote:
shak 786 wrote:im intitled to my opinion
in that case my opinion is ... your a fanny ....
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

thats exactly what i used to tell my mates, when i pulled into the carpark with the choke on when it was old/

"er, yea mate, its got stage 4 cam init, sposed to go up and down and S*!t"
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
danxs

Post by danxs »

what a day!!!

yesterday i borrowed a welder off mamj and got some fresh wire and co2 for it and set to work on the driver side of the car, repairing the sills and inspecting the rear arch.

the sills went ok, 4 patches and its a sgood as new ready for the skirt to go back on.... but the arch was shafted and the inner arch was completley rotten away and i could stick my hand in :(

so today i got my repair panels out and i have cut the drivers sire rear arch off at the front (the top was ok, rear was suspect but didnt have time today) and fitted my repair pannel, re attached to jacking point and sill, and repaired the rear of the sill aswell as rebuilt the inner arch at the front of the rear wheel :(

i have finished the inside of the arch and everything is welded and secure so i set about grinding the welds down ready for fillering to hide the repair.

ive done one layer of filler, flatted down and left for today as its been a long day!!!!

i will add the pics shortly :) and more detail!!!!

next day off i will be finishing it and then starting on the rear section and then onoto the passenger sill and rear arch :)

so fingers crossed in a month or so it will be completley rust free and ready for a spray with my new panels and folding mirrors on etc :) :)

just to add ive never welded before in my life :shock:

i-vt gone
b20 gone

danxs

Post by danxs »

heres some pics

this is how the end of my sill looked when i jacked car up and removed wheel and a bit of mud lol

i ground some of the rust back on the arch, it was right through and it was the inner arch that was really rusty :(

so i cut my repair panel out and ground sill back to suit and welded it on (not the best of welders as it was only my second attempt lol)

then ground the welds back a touch

then got on with grinding the crap metal back inside the arch so i could repair the inner arch and sill.

at this point i had to patch the inside of the sill (by the rta bush) but never took a pic

i then made a template from cardboard so i could fill in the end of the sill and inner arch join where it had rotted worst

i transferred to metal and trimmed it slowly till it fitted nice and started to weld it in

once dry i added loads of underseal lol

i then set about fillering the joint so that the weld wasnt on display

flatted back a touch

and some more

then as it had started to go damp i dried the panel off and dusted over with some white primer and left to dry while i tidied up

its nowhere near finished as i need to re filler and get it nice and smooth so im happy with it :)

not that bad for my first attempt lol

:)

i-vt gone
b20 gone

sheraz

civic

Post by sheraz »

NOT BAD NOT BAD THAT A FAT JOB FOR A FIRST TIME keep it up
browndk04
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by browndk04 »

Thats are some top welds for a 1st attempt! You should have seen mine when i first welded...mess :lol:

I need to do this to mines too. The arches have been repaired by the previous owner but not to the best standard. Did you get the panels from beevers?
Richy
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by Richy »

makes me wanna do mine myself now but i havent got a clue about my welder. has brass wire on it? any ideas lol
HOMEGROWN HONDAZ
danxs

Post by danxs »

i got the panels with the car when i brought it off tahir but i think there from somewhere like beevers. i just cut off the bit i needed and welded it on. ive got to finish the rear of my arch and then this side is rust free, will just need to get my new wing on and the skirt can go back on and its onto the next side :)

didnt think i could do it my self but i just had a go lol

as for the mig welding stuff i went and picked up some new co2 and some .8 wire and it cost me 12quid so if your not sure on the wire just get some new mild steel welding wire.

i-vt gone
b20 gone

Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Top stuff Dan. :top:

Glad to hear you are getting on with it. Its much more important than buying fancy wheels :wink:
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport