Why do bad things happen once something good has?

4th Generation Honda Civic Owners Club Main Forum.
sonnyd14a1
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Why do bad things happen once something good has?

Post by sonnyd14a1 »

I was working away all last week up Gateshead/Newcastle.. come back friday to find my chip for my ecu had turned up :D Sooo off i went and soldered it in, connected it up and all was good!

Went for a drive, got her nice and warm, headed over towards some dual carriage ways to open her up and little bit and see how it performed. I come to an island before the dual carriage way and a van towing a caravan skipped accross all 3 lanes infront of me.. I thought oh well he is towing a caravan which makes his turning wider.. about 200 meters onto the dual carriage way i went to overtake him as it was nice n clear ahead, doing around 50 - 55 mph HE DECIDEDS TO OVER TAKE AND COME INTO MY LANE :x I dont even think he was bothered i was there, i put my brakes on because he was coming over fast, all of a sudden i lock up, let off, brake and locked up again (sh*t Budget tyres), at this time i had delivered a little present in my pants (joking)

So i moved as close as i could towards the gutter so he wouldnt hit me and i was still breaking but not as hard, next thing i know, BANG there goes my wheel on the gutter, the f*+k^n T"@T just carried on down the dual carriage way after i was on the horn n flashing my lights for him to stop!!!!!! didnt get the reg cus i litterally come to a stand still!

it is worse than it looks on the pic, the bottom arm is like an S shape and ive teared all the crossmember where it bolts on :(

Luckely after abit of research last nice i went down the Kent in my van and picked up a crossmember off Frogracer on crxuk..

Now just after a bottom arm (with ball joint) Then its time to crack on, get it done and go test the chip but look out of caravans!!

I have some 15'' alloys in my back garden, i think its time to invest into some decent tyres for them as my which 16''s are gonna be expensive for branded tyres!

Sorry for the Moan, just thought id share my depression with you all 8)
Never sell your 4G, Its always sadley missed!
ball2uall
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!
Lvl6! Danger to manifold!

Post by ball2uall »

unlucky dude more reasons to hate carravans i guess
sonnyd14a1
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by sonnyd14a1 »

ball2uall wrote:unlucky dude more reasons to hate carravans i guess
Dam rite, the amount of traveling i do during the week, caravans overtaking lorries at an extra 2mph just creeping past them.. Why not just stay behind them and save us all the hassell of 57mph for 10 mins while they try and over take :evil:

widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

I think top gear had the right idea,

burn the bastards :x
No longer on the 'sucker list'
WELLZ
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!
Lvl7! Post Whore y0!

Post by WELLZ »

Arh unlucky dude!

You should have rang me, ive got a VT crossmember sat in my garage doing sweet FA!! :shock:
'90 B16B ED7! - SOLD :(
'96 Subaru Impreza WRX V-Limited
sonnyd14a1
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by sonnyd14a1 »

WELLZ wrote:Arh unlucky dude!

You should have rang me, ive got a VT crossmember sat in my garage doing sweet FA!! :shock:
Lol ah well nuffin like a 6 hour trip to kent n back on a saturday night :roll:
Craig G
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Craig G »

Ouch damn caravans, sorry I didn't answer you IM I wasn't actually there :roll: not that i knew the answer to your question :wink:
EDIT *Melbourne Blue Shuttle Crew
Superior Blue Shuttle Crew
EE17 Superior Shuttle
sonnyd14a1
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by sonnyd14a1 »

Craig G wrote:Ouch damn caravans, sorry I didn't answer you IM I wasn't actually there :roll: not that i knew the answer to your question :wink:
No worries mate, got an arm on its way now! Busy day saurday dropping the crossmember and rack, I hope it doesnt rain :cry:
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

sad story, nice to see its sorted and you didnt get hurt, its the main thing and all that lol

be cool and safe vteccin'

T
2010 Audi A3 1.6TDi Sport
sonnyd14a1
Lvl3 Street Racer
Lvl3 Street Racer

Post by sonnyd14a1 »

Tahir wrote:sad story, nice to see its sorted and you didnt get hurt, its the main thing and all that lol

be cool and safe vteccin'

T
I didnt get chance to vtec'it lol i had just fitted my chip then before i reached the dual tracks it happened :(