My 3G Honda Civic 1.5 s

Topics related to 3G and earlier
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Re: My 3G Honda Civic 1.5 s

Post by big red one »

So since doing this change over, I have noticed a increase in performance, engine seems more revvy. Brakes are improved, must be better vacuum off the inlet manifold.
Best of all the starting is much better.
Ernie
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by Ernie »

Epic job on the roof mate.. well impressed with that.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

Thanks Pete
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[URL=http://s736.photobucket.com/user/G ... jpeg[/img]
Image[/url]
Last night I took off the carb support bracket, welded a bit more support to it and gave it a lick of paint, also put another hole in it for second fixing, as for the colour , I just happened to have that lying around.
3gworks
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by 3gworks »

Nice progress Dave :top:
Is it a big difference in response/power with the dual carbs in comparisson with the single?
p.s roof looks aces :D
NE65MAC
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by NE65MAC »

So you have the only other 1.5s in the country.. Love your thread, looks good. In much better condition than my little S.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

Hi there, did you buy that one off Jason hails ? Are you going to put yours on here too. Also there is a Facebook page for these 3GS 3 guk , look forward to seeing you around .
NE65MAC
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by NE65MAC »

I certainly did, it's just being used as a daily until my 4G is finished, I might tackle it some day. Love how good yours is :top:
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[URL=http://s736.photobucket.com/user/G ... .jpg[/img]
Image[/url]
It's been a while since I have posted anything, I have been busy driving the car, and generally busy in life, well early in this year I managed to get these calipers from Pete Lawton, gave them a clean up, and paint with heat resistance Black paint, don't know how long that will stay on there, but got to try I suppose, got some new mintex discs and pads, spent a few hours in my friends garage, fitting them and bleeding the system, been for a little drive , so much smoother, gone was the brake judder, and better brake feel.
These brakes, which are a straight switch over, all bolts line up , are off a pre face lift EJ9 these being off a P reg civic.
Thanks to Fran for the help.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[urlImage
Image][/url]
So here we are again, you don't have to go too far on a 3G to find rust, these are the rear arches, was supposed to do them over the nice dry summer, but instead drove the car all the time, so I'm now doing it on the Christmas break, so both rear arches have small holes in the rear, nothing structural, but not wanted all the same, so a good grind off of the rust, made up some cardboard templates, took couple of minutes, then made up stainless replacements for both sides, as that's what I have lying around, took some time to shape them, stripped all the old knackered under seal off, which was a job from hell, dealt with any rust with Fertan, then once dry I riveted the replacement parts in place with sealant behind as I did it, so to get a good seal,welding wouldn't have allowed me to do this so well, also less chance of setting fire to something.
This was a good time to give the arches a very good clean up, ready for painting.
Another thing I did at the same time was reinforce the oblong hole that takes the rear bumper arch support bracket, I did this with part of same bit that covered the hole, also you will see from my picture someone in the past has cut part of my rear arch away, not sure why, I'm thinking maybe they changed the rear bumper and it was in the way, I have replaced this.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[URL=http://s736.photobucket.com/user/G ... .jpg[/img]
Image[/url]
Cleaning back to a solid surface was very hard, this bit here being the bumper support clip you may need to beef up, repair, also in the back ground you can see my soon to be replaced shocks.
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[urlImage
Image][/url]
Once these were fitted , they and the cleaned up arches all had a good coat of raptor paint, really working it into the joint between the innner and outer arches, hopefully this will preserve the rear arches for some time to come.
Next job, coilovers..........
LukeReg9
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by LukeReg9 »

Just read from start to finish, awesome job especially on that roof!
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

Thanks Luke, hopefully BC coilovers on in the next few weeks,
big red one
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by big red one »

[url/Image
Well this Christmas I thought I would treat my car to some bc coilovers, which seem to be getting more expensive by the day , so I went for it, got them from stance uk, and a adjustable panhard rod made up by GIZ, they were all sitting at home waiting for a spare moment at my friend Fran's garage, when the chance of a cleaned up, painted with new polybushes etc rear axel came available, from Matt Wilce, who after going to the trouble of doing it for his car, then had the chance of a rear disc set up, so I jumped at the chance, only issue was it was another job to do in the short time I had in Fran's garage,
Luckily his dad John was there to give a hand, so it went fairly smoothly changing the axel over, plus sorting the brakes plus bleeding.
Fitting the new rear coilovers wasn't quite as simple as I thought, ended up having to wind them up to the max, just to get the car off the floor , car sits about an inch lower than before, fitted the adjustable panhard rod from GIZ, and the back was all done.that had taken half a day, longer than I thought, but that's life.