How To - 262mm big brakes for gl and dx using standard hubs

Dedicated to Gizmo and his love for well documented and photographed How To's. Please add comments and pics of your experiences whilst working on your car.
Charger
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Re: How To - 262mm big brakes for gl and dx using standard h

Post by Charger »

anyone?
Hakosuka
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Hakosuka »

Charger wrote:So...i can put a 262mm and CRV caliper which is for 282? What happens with the pads which have more "flesh" then for 282 ?
My friend has a F20 sohc prelude 1999. and he has one set of calipers, they are not big as crv calipers but is it possible to put them on 262 instead of those from crv ? Thanks, im a little bit confused about combination so excuse me.
As far as I know, the CRV has same calipers as ITR, MC2/MB6 and some preludes...not completely sure though.
If you want to use the stock dx hubs, you need to mill the caliper carrier by 3.2mm because of the disc offset. I think you also need to notch the carrier in the middle of the curve so it doesn't touch the hat of the disc.
As for the pads, I don't know exactly. I suggest you just try to mount them on, they do bolt on, but you will maybe having problems with the disc because of the offset.
Charger
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Charger »

Thanks, im going to find some calipers these days and i will try them on my "262 sitting in the garage" discs :OD
Hakosuka
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Hakosuka »

Charger wrote:Thanks, im going to find some calipers these days and i will try them on my "262 sitting in the garage" discs :OD
Don't take my info for granted mate! I haven't tried yet. I know that M calipers bolted to my Shuttle and that the offset was off by few mil...