Sedan 1991 GL project

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Re: Sedan 1991 GL project

Post by walsh123 »

You planning on running it injection I take it ? If so gonna be a bit of a pita. You need the engine and dash board loom from the Rex. But Rex has different switch locations all the wires will plug into the civic switches just routing may be different. If you can splice the Rex loom into the rear sedan loom that would be your best bet. Assuming windows are electric in back of sedan ? As if you try to use full thing you'll have to wore up windows etc. That said you can probably run the carb loom and just a few wires for sensors etc. Nominous is probably the best guy to ask. He's a bit of a wizard with wiring.
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)
MrJacobsSedan1992
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by MrJacobsSedan1992 »

walsh123 wrote:You planning on running it injection I take it ? If so gonna be a bit of a pita. You need the engine and dash board loom from the Rex. But Rex has different switch locations all the wires will plug into the civic switches just routing may be different. If you can splice the Rex loom into the rear sedan loom that would be your best bet. Assuming windows are electric in back of sedan ? As if you try to use full thing you'll have to wore up windows etc. That said you can probably run the carb loom and just a few wires for sensors etc. Nominous is probably the best guy to ask. He's a bit of a wizard with wiring.
Really glad you guys can help, planning to run fuel injection yes, just all new to me and hard to get my head around it at first, especially with all those "tree branch" like wires Involved. :|

Got the whole CRX loom hanging up across the garage wall to make things easier identifing plugs and parts. Bit daunting. But hey. :top:

So splicing the rear of the sedan electrics into the rest of the CRX loom sounds like a good idea. Sort of a Sedan/CRX fusion. Guess you can only see whats what once you start taking the car apart.
ED2 sedan-91
Gizmo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Gizmo »

I think the Power doors and windows have their own seperate plug on the Fusebox. If so, all you need to do is figure out the Rearlights lights and fuel sender unit wiring to match the CRX Loom.

You shouldnt have to touch the Windows and Power locks
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Supercharged, VTEC Swapped Track Toy.
1988 RT4WD Shuttle - Lifted Daily Beater.
MrJacobsSedan1992
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Gizmo wrote:I think the Power doors and windows have their own seperate plug on the Fusebox. If so, all you need to do is figure out the Rearlights lights and fuel sender unit wiring to match the CRX Loom.

You shouldnt have to touch the Windows and Power locks

This is excellent news! :-) things are becoming a bit clearer now. Will be labeling everything as it comes off. :top:
ED2 sedan-91
Pdt
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Post by Pdt »

Will be keeping a keen eye on your build as i'm doing the same swap.
MrJacobsSedan1992
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Pdt wrote:Will be keeping a keen eye on your build as i'm doing the same swap.
Good to hear! :)

Well I will be posting up all that I do. Its a bit too cold and wet right now for my liking so im planning it all in mid march time. Cant wait though :drivegear:
ED2 sedan-91
MrJacobsSedan1992
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Just a quick update, found some nasty gaz coilovers originally for an EG but they fit mine with the front EG forks. Not the best setup but at least now I have some control on my ride height. Pictures soon. Will upgrade the suspension to something proper one day!

Anyway about 1 month till I attempt my engine swap. Getting nervous that I dont have absolutely everything I need. Theres gonna be hic ups along the way but hey. Got 2 weeks to do it. Fingers crossed

:top:
ED2 sedan-91
99mrbe
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by 99mrbe »

If your had your original forks mate Iv got some old gaz coilz! Could do with a refurb tho!
MrJacobsSedan1992
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

99mrbe wrote:If your had your original forks mate Iv got some old gaz coilz! Could do with a refurb tho!
I do still have the forks from my original set up. Bit new to the whole coilover side of things. Mine have a bit of a knocking at the rear.
ED2 sedan-91
99mrbe
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by 99mrbe »

If your interested mate il take some pics! Pm you and let me know!
Lux
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by Lux »

Nice thread mate! Just wondering, what did you do with the old mudflaps?
MrJacobsSedan1992
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Lux wrote:Nice thread mate! Just wondering, what did you do with the old mudflaps?
Took the mud flaps off kept in a box. Only scrapped along the floor once the car was lowered :top:
ED2 sedan-91
Lux
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by Lux »

Don't suppose you want to sell them? ;)
MrJacobsSedan1992
Lvl2 Potential Hazard
Lvl2 Potential Hazard

Lux wrote:Don't suppose you want to sell them? ;)
Yeah don't see why not :-) I think a few have damaged in the form of rusty brackets on the bolting positions, quite common but not a massive pain. otherwise in good nick. I'll pm you some pictures if your still interested. £30 including postage would be good.
ED2 sedan-91
Lux
Lvl1 Newbie
Lvl1 Newbie

Post by Lux »

yea pm me! :)