Jasons b16 EC9 fix up

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
jase
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Re: Jasons b16 EC9 fix up

Post by jase »

The past couple of weeks i made a big step with the car. Coilovers. New ones at that, another £200 and i could have bought another one of these haha

Anyways....

Pulled the old suspension off the back which came off easily than i thought, guessing these sleeves hadnt been on long. Here is what someone has put on the car by choice. What the hell were they thinking?!

Ok, didnt get any pictures of the fronts, basically exactly the same but with the 'adjustable' collars still on the strut. I HATE SLEEVES.

Anyways as i went to fit the coilover we hit a wall, front forks were wrong. Damn. Couple of phonecalls later and i was on my way down a mates to get some off Matt which im guessing were off his old vt.

That means whoever has had the car has purposely took the suspension off it and replaced it with sleeves on eg struts etc. Its the whole story throughout the time i have had the car, seems everytime it was sold on, something extra was removed beforehand.

Also went to the local tyre place and got some tyres switched round so i could fit the Rotas, i seem to have lost one of my spigot rings though which im not happy about!

Heres some pictures i have of how it sits now...

Next job, Exhaust!
sabvtivtec
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by sabvtivtec »

That's looking good. It's sits well now
mattj
Lvl5! Turbo Charged Posting

Post by mattj »

let's paint this gloss black? looks much better when it was wet lol.
jase
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by jase »

mattj wrote:let's paint this gloss black? looks much better when it was wet lol.
Was gona rattle can it gloss the other weekend when it was nice lol
mattj

Post by mattj »

Get a water trap and a pressure reg, some paint / thinners and we'll learn to paint on it lol.
jase
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by jase »

New exhaust made off a friend. Still has standard cat (think its broke though) and still has middle silencer. The rest is straight pipe.

Couple pictures i have..

andrius7
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by andrius7 »

how loud your exhaust is? :)