NEW UPDATE- ED7 with B16A!!

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Re: Black ED7/ B16A- Tricey

Post by Tricey »

walsh123 wrote:
MominF wrote:Looks nice, Ethan should be ashamed that his 'newbie' mate has a proper engine :p

If this has been converted to B16 then...

That plug thing above the ECU is for D16's, the B16 does not use this, just feck it off. And are you sure that is a B16 ECU? As they dont have that sensor thing on the ecu unlike the D16A9 ones.

2 single wire Lambda sensors go from the manifold and the wires go to the ECU.
:lol: :lol: Momin you cheeky fecker ! :P

Its all about the D-series !! With Adam behind the wheel ill still be quicker :drivegear: :P

N oi Adam where are my unit keys !!!
Hahah! ;)

Haha; nah B series mate!

Haha! Realy sorry mate, i darent tell you, whej i was locking up last night i dropped them down drain! :/
Ill sort summit! ;)
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

Nope, no 4G for me now unfortunately. Can't wait to see her running.
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Tricey »

Awwwh gutted. Haha, me too Russ. Shouldnt be long at all now! :)
Got my exhaust manifold painted today to make it look a bit tidier. :)
Just waiting for my gasket to come, seems to be taking ages. Hoping it comes in morning otherwise wont be starting it this weekend! :/
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Tricey wrote:
nominous wrote:Be sure to disconnect the CO2 pot (pictured) when running the PW0 ECU or you will have troubles.
Ahhh cheers mate! Luckily that wont be connected when i pop my new ecu in as it doesnt have tje attatvhment on the top to be able to plug it in! :)
Would you just tape plug up? :)
The pot isn't part of the ECU. It's attatched to a bracket on it, but that's it.
Yes. if you remove the ECU then should be no problem if you don't put the pot part back.
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Tricey »

Update, got exhaust manifold fitted and sorted,but just a case of getting it running now, sorted all the dizzy wiring out the other day but tryed turning over and got no spark unfortunately, so going to have to go have another look at wiring when I get a spare minute. :)
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Tricey »

After finally finding some free hours, i popped to my garage to get a bit more progression,
Managed to finish the wiring and finally run it with the EML off! :)
So going to get the rest of the brakes painted and get them fitted back on along with fitting CV Boots :)
Then want to get all the wires tucked back away in conduit :)
Just really struggling to get any information on the vacuum system, if anyone could help me i would highly appreciaite it!
Cheers
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Re: Black ED7/ B16A- Update

Post by Tricey »

Update
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Tricey- Black ED7 (B16A)

Post by Tricey »

Right...
Quite an update to my civic now :D
I managed to get all the engine control system working perfect, then just after getting it in me and a friend thought it would be a great idea to tidy the engine bay up a little.
So one Saturday night with nothing better to do we ripped the engine out! ;)
Then started getting all the auxilleries out aswell leaving me a complete empty bay :)
Managed to obtain a nice tin of brake cleaner and started giving it a really good scrub to get and residue off the bay meaning that I could start the fun part :shock:
Went round the full bay and worked out some of the holes that were serving no purpose and welded them up with a light skim of filler over them to tidy it up :)
Ended up something like this ;)
Never realised flatting back was such a depressing job :( Aswell as my electric mouse sander packing up this led to going out and buying another one :(
Then for a more expensive journey to my local automotive paint supplies to get the new colour, was looking at Midnight purple but changed my mind just before buying :D
And now im glad I did!
Primer
Bit of wet and dry to flat the primer down, followed by the base colour
And even though it had a really good clean got some reaction in just one tiny area. Enough to irritate me :/
So flatted that back to metal, cleaned it and tryed again with no success. So more expense for some Isolator.
The new colour without Clearcoat and with my area of reaction still to sort :(
Final coat with clearcoat :D Loved the colour even more once on!
Rubbing rocker cover down, priming up and getting ready for some colour :D
Finished product with its clearcoat :)
Now after digging through my parts that came with the car, i discovered there was a fair few bits and bobs missing :( So just in the progress of getting hold of parts and building it back up :D
Let me know what you think of it? :)
sixteen16
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Re: NEW UPDATE- ED7 with B16A!!

Post by sixteen16 »

Yemannnn, we luuurvs us some painted freshness! Gwaaarn rudeboy!!
Nice colour in the bay to!
D16a9 called Vic

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;