NEW UPDATE- ED7 with B16A!!

Keep a Diary of your Civic project here, keeping photo records and providing step by step guides and tips.
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

NEW UPDATE- ED7 with B16A!!

Post by Tricey »

Hi,
Just thought id write up a thread on here to show progress of what ive managed to do.
Basically I fancied a 4G after spending time in/ around Walsh's GL's. Had a Lambretta scooter and decided to sell up and get a Civic instead, So bought Ben's old ED7.
Picked it up on 5th May 2013 and as soon as I got home started sorting it out. :)
First thing, i wanted to see what it looked like on some old 15" Alloy wheels i had kicking about. :)
After messing around with wheels, my friend decided a good wash, clay bar and polish was in order, so I left him to it!
It came out a lot cleaner and looks nice.
Whilst he did that i started sorting all the wiring out inside where the fusebox had been moved to inside the car and had some sensors to sort out.
After putting main battery cable in I tempory hooked a battery up to see if there was any electric been distributed into the car. When connecting battery the hazards start ittermitenly started flashing and the rest of the car was dead.
Long story short found out the immobiliser/ clifford system was stopping everything from working so I have removed for the time being. :)
I have now managed to get starter motor working along with all electrics seem to be in go.
Next mission is to get all the sensors under the bonnet connecting in order to finish wiring and be able to tidy and tuck cables away. :)
Im presuming that this is the fuel mix adjustment?
Does anyone know where I can connect my Lambda sensor into and where this needs to be wired?
I have a few more sensors that need to be connected now, then its just a case of pop some oil in engine and gearbox, change filter, put some fuel in and start it up.
I also need to order some ecu connection plug inserts from the internet to get the VTEC connected to ECU.
Apart from that should have it running very soon.
Cheers Adam
Last edited by Tricey on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MominF
**Trader**

Re: Black ED7/ B16A- Tricey

Post by MominF »

Looks nice, Ethan should be ashamed that his 'newbie' mate has a proper engine :p

If this has been converted to B16 then...

That plug thing above the ECU is for D16's, the B16 does not use this, just feck it off. And are you sure that is a B16 ECU? As they dont have that sensor thing on the ecu unlike the D16A9 ones.

2 single wire Lambda sensors go from the manifold and the wires go to the ECU.
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Tricey »

Hahaah. Just getting excited to get it on road! :D
Yeah. Its been converted to B16 just i havent put the new ecu in place yet mate! :)
Right thank you! So do i connect the black wires to ground and then the coloured go to ecu? But which pin do they go to please? :)
I am trying to find some inserts flr the ecu plug still though! :(
Cheers! :)
LukeReg9
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by LukeReg9 »

Good luck dude I helped you push it on at bens looks a good base I'm tempted to do the same conversion with mine so will be watching this closely!
m@rk
4GUK Donator

Post by m@rk »

get rid of the 02 sensors, tell your tuner to run a 'open loop'
less is more sometimes :top:
16i TURBO FOR SALE

pm me if intersted

MominF
**Trader**

Post by MominF »

Download the 'VTEC supplement' CRX workshop manual to get diagrams for the wiring, once you understand the diagrams its really simple.
m@rk wrote:get rid of the 02 sensors, tell your tuner to run a 'open loop'
What are the benefits of this? I can't think of any.
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Tricey »

LukeReg9 wrote:Good luck dude I helped you push it on at bens looks a good base I'm tempted to do the same conversion with mine so will be watching this closely!
Ahh cheers mate, and cheers for the push! ;)
Yeah, it definetly is a good base.
Just starting to personalize it now to how i want it! :)
Yeahh, from what ive heard it sounds like a great conversion. I just wanna see it go! :D
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Tricey »

Hahah, what would you gain from running open loop please mate? :)
CHeers
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Tricey »

MominF wrote:Download the 'VTEC supplement' CRX workshop manual to get diagrams for the wiring, once you understand the diagrams its really simple.
What are the benefits of this? I can't think of any.
Right cheers for that info buddy, where can i get that document please?
Cheers! :)
Ben_theEFking
4GUK Donator

Post by Ben_theEFking »

http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/FAQ/Manuals/V ... lement.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Page 358)

http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/FAQ/Manuals/c ... 2SH322.PDF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
91' Civic EE9 I-VT
johnsonca9
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by johnsonca9 »

Looks like fun.

Whereabouts in Hull are you. I'm only on Saltshouse Road, and bug the crap out of Ethan every time I drive back into Hull with a new car (which is often)

Looks like a good base though.
Making perfection isn't always easy,

But I ain't got nothing but time!!!
nominous
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nominous »

Be sure to disconnect the CO2 pot (pictured) when running the PW0 ECU or you will have troubles.
EF_Russ
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster
Lvl4 Nos Enhanced Poster

Post by EF_Russ »

My old girl :(

Glad to see she's already getting some love and attention :top: I will be keeping a close eye on her progress, best of luck :)
'91 ED7 (Black) 8)
Tricey
Learner - Newbie
Learner - Newbie

Post by Tricey »

Ben_theEFking wrote:http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/FAQ/Manuals/V ... lement.pdf (Page 358)

http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/FAQ/Manuals/c ... 2SH322.PDF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers Ben, thats brilliant! :) Ill have a go at that one then! :)
johnsonca9 wrote:Looks like fun.

Whereabouts in Hull are you. I'm only on Saltshouse Road, and bug the crap out of Ethan every time I drive back into Hull with a new car (which is often)

Looks like a good base though.
Hahah. Im just on County Road! :) Yeah. Its definetly a good base to work on! :D
nominous wrote:Be sure to disconnect the CO2 pot (pictured) when running the PW0 ECU or you will have troubles.
Ahhh cheers mate! Luckily that wont be connected when i pop my new ecu in as it doesnt have tje attatvhment on the top to be able to plug it in! :)
Would you just tape plug up? :)
Cheers
EF_Russ wrote:My old girl :(

Glad to see she's already getting some love and attention :top: I will be keeping a close eye on her progress, best of luck :)
Haha, cheers russ! Really looking forwards to getting her on the road! :) Should be running soo ish! :D
You still got a 4G now mate? :)
walsh123
4GUK Donator

Post by walsh123 »

MominF wrote:Looks nice, Ethan should be ashamed that his 'newbie' mate has a proper engine :p

If this has been converted to B16 then...

That plug thing above the ECU is for D16's, the B16 does not use this, just feck it off. And are you sure that is a B16 ECU? As they dont have that sensor thing on the ecu unlike the D16A9 ones.

2 single wire Lambda sensors go from the manifold and the wires go to the ECU.
:lol: :lol: Momin you cheeky fecker ! :P

Its all about the D-series !! With Adam behind the wheel ill still be quicker :drivegear: :P

N oi Adam where are my unit keys !!!
1990 Civic VT Daily
1991 civic GL (track toy)
1991 Shuttle (To be "sensible" daily project)